We spent three nights during high season; the hotel was sold out. Despite it being so, it was mostly quiet and we enjoyed much more privacy than expected. The room was immaculate when we arrived; bedding was top quality. A bathroom window for daylight was pleasant, older hotels like the Sea Lord are less cookie cutter and have more character. Enough updates have been made to feel plenty comfortable in 2013, though. Plenty of space, as we were in a junior suite with small kitchen. The terry robes came in very handy for a beachfront stay.
Since the hotel is right on the beach, the prices were above what you'd expect to pay if it were located anywhere else for this level of hotel amenities. But we opened our french doors to a small private terrace with straight chairs and a small table, beyond which was a public (but mostly unused) terrace with lounge chairs and small tables, fitted in between palms and foliage; beyond which was the beach sand, and of course, the ocean. So if that sounds appealing to you, then it's worth every penny.
The outer windows (an entire wall of them!) are mirrored on the outside, so during morning hours we could go about our business getting dressed or otherwise preparing for the day while watching the sunrise or the joggers or the beach raking equipment out doing their thing. And it's nice to hang out on the beach but have everything you need (including private bathroom!) just a few steps away.
Sunrise was spectacular; laying in bed and there it is, in its full glory. Through the palm fronds. Nice.
Continental breakfast is included, but nothing to brag about. If you're ok starting your day with carbs, sugar, fat, and caffeine, it'll suit just fine. If you want protein or a good fresh fruit or juice selection, you might buy some supplies for your refrigerator and use them to supplement what is available.
On the third day, no one came to clean the room while we were out. Hotel staff did offer to take care of this when we sought out a fresh supply of towels, but we declined. Sometimes maid service every day is wasteful anyway---but it is included in the price of the room nonetheless.
Didn't use the pool, didn't use the exercise room. No other amenities to speak of. So when it's time for lunch or dinner or cocktails, unless you're working out of your refrigerator, it's a ten minute walk along the beach or along the sidewalk (very little traffic and quite safe for pedestrians) to the pier and center of all things food, drink, and souvenirs. We skipped the rental car on this trip and were very glad we did. Parking issues would have detracted from our enjoyment. Tough to get a wifi connection at night, even in good reception areas. They must limit the number of connections. Had no problem at all in the mornings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Lord is located on South Florida's exclusive Gold Coast and provides spectacular views in a relaxing atmosphere. At the Sea Lord we pride ourselves on our friendly hospitality. Our dedicated management and staff are eager to make your holiday the most memorable ever. The good life is here. Visit us once and we are sure that you will be like our many guests who return again and again. Allow us to make Sea Lord your home away from home. We have 47 rooms including 27 suites and 8 different types of rooms to choose from. Continental Breakfast is included as well as parking, Wi-fi and beach towels.You'll enjoy dining and shopping just 10 minutes walking distance. The area is perfect for family vacation, romantic getaway or just your annual visit to Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sea Lord Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Lord Hotel And Suites
- Sea Lord Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Hotel Sea Lord
- Sea Lord Hotel & Suites Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida