“Always the best of everything” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sea Lord Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Sea Lord Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4140 El Mar Dr, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
cincinnati
“Always the best of everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Sea Lord during Christmas Week every year for about 10-12 years now, as well as a few other times at other parts of the year. It is always stupendous.
As lovely as it always is, the owners are also always making upgrades and adding to the overall experience. I can't say enough about this place.
This year we brought our daugher and her family, and our son and his family (3 small children in al) and everyone had a great time! The hosts here really look out for the enjoyment of all guests.

Great ambience, great rooms, beautiful view (ocean right in front of your rooms!), what more could you ask?

Love this place!

Room Tip: Choose one of their many suites with ocean view. Awesome.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Sea Lord is newly renovated and the week we stayed they were completing construction of the hotel's restaurant. Our room on the fourth floor faced due east to the rising sun. The spacious living/dining room overlooked the ocean and beach with a walk-out balcony complete with chairs and small table. One thing I missed having was a tea kettle in the kitchen to heat water for a cup of tea. (I always pack tea bags and instant coffee.) Instead of a kettle, I had to use the small saucepan. Another item that other hotels seem to always provide beside the bed is a clock or a radio-alarm clock. That would have been helpful. We found two big white fluffy bath robes in the room, which we folded up and set aside. There was a printed sign over the kitchen sink advising that the maid would not wash up dishes left out. That's fine, but no dish liquid was provided in the cupboard so that I could wash up. When I visited the WinnDixie grocery store I paid only $1.00 for a big bottle of dish soap, which I left in the cupboard for the next guest. One thing I would recommend is they upgrade the elevator. It's old and unreliable. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay. The weather was warm and sunny. Staff at the hotel were polite. We found the breakfast buffet had a nice selection of items to get our day off to a good start.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous and right on the beach, the service is outstanding!!! The rooms are nice and spacious and what a great location since it is walking distance to all these cute restaurants. I love the fact that not only is it a comfortable place to stay, but also a gorgeous place to be. I enjoyed every minute I was there, and can't wait to go back in the winter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomingdale, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Hi. Beautiful area. I have been coming to this area for 25 years. Used to go to costa del sol. Two doors down. It's nice to have the breakfast here everyday. We stayed in junior suit with our daughter. I had been sleeping on the cot and the first night I was getting bitten. Every night it got worse. I mentioned it to the front desk they said probably sand fleas. But no one else was getting bit. But me. I have never ever had a problem with sand fleas. Then one night I went down to get extra blankets. Nice security man gave me two blankets and I saw a big cockroach crawling on the floor. I almost wanted to say no thanks! The bites made my vacation miserable. I think I will go else where next year.

Room Tip: Don't get a cot. Check out the beds.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
OlgaSeaLord, Manager at Sea Lord Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my apologies that you were disappointed with your stay. My staff and I continually strive to achieve guest satisfaction and I regret that you were dissatisfied. I’d like to take this opportunity to address and hopefully alleviate your specific concerns.

First and foremost, I want to assure you that we take bed bug prevention very seriously. Given the vulnerability that commercial lodging facilities face, I have implemented an aggressive bed bug prevention protocol to ensure our guests always receive clean and safe accommodations. Part of this protocol includes: regularly scheduled inspections with reputable pest management professionals; encasement of our mattresses with a two-layer protector which impermeable to dust mites, bed bugs, mold and bacteria; training housekeeping staff to inspect for evidence of beg bugs and implementing said inspections in our daily operations. Furthermore, our staff is trained to respond immediately and proactively to guest complaints regarding potential pest issues.

I have examined our records relating to the Junior Suite you stayed in during your recent visit. This room was examined less than a month before your stay as part of our monthly inspection program by our pest management company and no evidence of bed bugs was found. Furthermore, our housekeeping inspection records and guest complaint logs indicate no report of potential pest issues.

Although your complaint was the first of its nature, my staff responded to it earnestly and immediately. Our housekeeping manager was sent to your room to inspect for evidence of bed bugs the same day as your complaint and no indication of bed bugs was found. Since our investigation revealed no evidence of pest infestation and you were the only member of your party that was experiencing bites, our front desk staff suggested that the cause of the bites may be sand fleas. With sand fleas, the reaction differs from person to person and it is not uncommon for some people to experience skin irritations while others are unaffected. Unfortunately, sand fleas are common on ocean beaches and we do not have a means to prevent sand flea bites.

While we cannot speculate as to the source of your skin irritation, we can assure you that after thorough investigation, we have confirmed that beg bugs or other pest infestation in your room was not the culprit. After your departure, we asked our pest control company to perform a detailed inspection of your room and the roll away bed provided to you. The investigation revealed no infestation. We assure you that we have taken all measures possible to verify that your accommodation was free from bed bugs. Please click on the following link to view the report from our pest control specialists: https://picasaweb.google.com/mnikezic13/SeaLord?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Again, we are just as disappointed as you that you did not enjoy your stay. I understand how the skin irritation you experienced certainly put a damper on your vacation. Again, we assure you that our accommodations are aggressively monitored and maintained so that our guests always receive a clean, safe, and pest-free environment. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kindest Regards,
Emil Nikezic
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The overall stay was very pleasant. Great view, on beach. Clean, walking distance to town. Staff friendly and helpful. Maid service was very good. I would be more than happy to make a return visit. Had a beach front suite, very nice and comfortable.

However, the deck leading to the beach has a fairly steep step for some older people going out to the beach. Has no handrail for assistance. That would have prevented any accidents by being able to either pull yourself up or help in getting down step.

The breakfast hour started at 8:00, should start around 7:00 for me. Not a deal breaker, but would be better earlier for a lot of people.

Room Tip: Beach front room was very nice provided a great view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Deerfield Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary and had a wonderful time!! The location was perfect on the beach with shops and restaurants a leisure walk away. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was neat and clean (except the windows) and all was very pleasantly comfortable. Here's my however.....(an easy fix).As a designer I see a quick remedy to your overcrowded space. The sofa needs to go...and with it the armoire with the TV. A flat screen TV, on the wall, across from the bed with a chair or 2 in the corner is more than adequate...maybe an ottoman. The sofa is right in the path and visually impairs the gorgeous view as you enter the room...which makes it feel very overcrowded. As I say an easy fix.....and i hope someone considers it soon....it will truly make your rooms feel SO much more comforting!
No charge for the design tip!!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful property with us....locals!
Yes food warmers for breakfast would make it more enjoyable!

Room Tip: Rm #205 headboard squeaks as it was LOUD turning in bed, kept us awake!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Over the last forty years I have stayed in almost EVERY hotel or Motel in Lauderdale by the Sea. Some of these hotels do not exist anymore (Tabu, Ho-Jo's, Sea Grape, Holiday Inn...). The 'Sea Lord' is the finest hotel in LBTS ! The staff at the front desk is #1, the rooms are spotless, the breakfasts facility is first class. The rates are a great value, with no foolish hidden 'Resort Fee's'.... My only regret is that I did not discover the 'Sea Lord' until 2012........Do yourself a favour, check this property out !!!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are a little more expensive, and worth it !!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Lord Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!