There is every chance this review will be met with a standard upbeat 'management response' but I would read it with caution. Prior to writing this review we have emailed and not received a prompt reply, any reply on here is simply because this is now in the public domain.
First of all the good, and there are good aspects of this beach side accomodation. The best feature is the beach, and the one bedroom suite was comfortable if not a little noisy.
Arriving at the hotel the receptionist was pleasant. However, a few minutes later a new lady took over who had a very different style. We had never visited the area and we asked about the local area, and how far it was into Fort Lauderdale. She didn't even offer to call a taxi, or give us a taxi telephone number. She said it was expensive and to drive! Customer service is obviously open to perception and what some people determine to be rude others might simply take as a little frosty. So I will be kind and say that the hotel was charachterised by frosty customer service.
Had we been paying cheap motel rates I would have been impressed, but lets be clear - this is not a cheap hotel. We paid around $225 for the night which included a continental breakfast. The breakfast itself was not bad but we all ate from paper plates using plastic knives and forkes - classy!? The lady working in the breakfast room did not acknowledge us or anyone unless she was spoken to, and couldn't even manage a smile.
The minimal facilities were basic. We had a good room, no bar, a poor breakfast experience and even had to request a key to use the restrooms. The night porter was very friendly and helpful - but we couldn't wait to leave this poorly run hotel.
I have read other positive reviews of the Sea Lord on here, and can only assume that I set standards too high for $200plus per night. I expect a proper plate and to be welcomed. On checking out I was not even asked if I had enjoyed my stay (maybe they didn't want to know), neither were we wished a pleasant onward journey.
I think its safe to say we wont return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Lord is located on South Florida's exclusive Gold Coast and provides spectacular views in a relaxing atmosphere. At the Sea Lord we pride ourselves on our friendly hospitality. Our dedicated management and staff are eager to make your holiday the most memorable ever. The good life is here. Visit us once and we are sure that you will be like our many guests who return again and again. Allow us to make Sea Lord your home away from home. We have 47 rooms including 27 suites and 8 different types of rooms to choose from. Continental Breakfast is included as well as parking, Wi-fi and beach towels.You'll enjoy dining and shopping just 10 minutes walking distance. The area is perfect for family vacation, romantic getaway or just your annual visit to Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Sea Lord Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Lord Hotel And Suites
- Sea Lord Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Hotel Sea Lord
- Sea Lord Hotel & Suites Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida