“Slightly Greek” 3 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Slightly Greek”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am a lover of all things Mediterranean, however this place was ok and lacked the feel I was hoping for after seeing the name. It seems they want to be a Mediterranean restaurant but still want to serve American food also. That doesn't work for me. Our server was amazing and he tried really hard to give us that authentic feel. He was of Middle Eastern decent and was gracious enough to tell us about some customs and what not, which we are familiar with so we enjoyed him. He even brought us this 'flaming cheese' type appetizer, it was on fire. That was really cool.
The bathroom was way gross. It was a busy night, so that could be the reason. Overall I guess I would say this place is average and I expected better.

Visited May 2012

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had a lovely Greek Salad, with a side of olives. My friend had a wonderful Greek meal, followed by a terrific, fresh Greek style dessert! Excellent coffee, quiet, lovely decor. A leisurely lunch, we tend to always eat in most places slightly after lunch crowd. Would recommend for anyone wishing a taste of Greece, and very clean!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
portland oregon
“Superb Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

we ate lunch at Athena's and we very happy that we did! we had the grilled calamari and saganaki for starters. Excellent. we each had a small salad...mine was the Greek salad and my husband's was the Athena with Gyro meat. both of us were completely satisdied. highly recommend. Ate outside...service was great!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA
“Everything is good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner here. And it was all good. The Athena salad is fantastic. The fish and lamb shank at dinner was wonderful. The breakfasts are always good no matter what we eat. And the decor now is beautiful. An excellent neighborhood restaurant

Visited January 2013
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
“Worst food I've ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I ordered a crab cake . I thought. It came out flatter than a pancake and maybe a trase of crab. absolutly no flavor at all. My husband ordered the Spinach Pie. Well they need to defrost be for serving to start with and the grey colored green beans that were like mush. I know they have a captive audiance in LBS but how about taking some pride in what you sereve to people. Won't be back.

• Visited January 2013