“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Cliff Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Sea Cliff Resort
You added Sea Cliff Resort to your Saves list
4201 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Montreal, Canada
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed there beginning of August and never again will go back. BlackPanther 31 and Gloria S said it right . That 1 week we were there the only thing maid service did was provide towels , 1 roll of toilet paper and make our bed. The room was never vacuumed or swept and the beds never changed. The outside of the hotel was never swept with sand all over and also around the swimming pool area. In the one week we were there the swimming pool was never cleaned and the wifi Internet down for almost my entire stay. They say they renovated this place but not sure when they really did that. The furniture is old and worn out and place not well kept. They don't even keep their word. Unfortunately one of the couples canceled us due to personal reasons , since I was the one who booked everything and gave deposit on my card I called to advise them and was told not to worry they will credit their deposit on my room instead, when it was time to pay that wasn't the case. They refused to refund me their deposit saying it was over 30 days ,unfortunately I did everything by phone and had no proof so couldn't argue my point , at the end I think they need that 100$ more than me to maintain this place .

The pictures attached are true pictures of the premises !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed there beginning of August along with some friends and never again will go back. BlackPanther 31 and Gloria S. said it right . That 1 week we were there the only thing maid service did was provide towels , 1 roll of toilet paper and make our bed. The room was never vacuumed or swept and the beds never changed. The outside of the hotel was never swept with sand all over and also around the swimming pool area. In the one week we were there the swimming pool was never cleaned and the wifi Internet down for almost my entire stay. They say they renovated this place but not sure when they really did that. The furniture is old and worn out and place not well kept. They don't even keep their word. Unfortunately one of the couples canceled us due to personal reasons , since I was the one who booked everything and gave deposit on my card I called to advise them and was told not to worry they will credit their deposit on my room instead, when it was time to pay that wasn't the case. They refused to refund me their deposit saying it was over 30 days ,unfortunately I did everything by phone and had no proof so couldn't argue my point , at the end I think they need that 100$ more than me to maintain this place .

I will be posting pictures to prove my point.

Stayed August 2013

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada

I'll keep this simple:
A) only plus to this resort is that it is across the street from the beach.
B) pool not maintained. Pool surround cluttered/messy. No one takes the time to keep things in order.
C) rooms only surface cleaned, by that I mean:
- dirty sheets on pull out couch - beach sand all over
- bedroom comforter not washed - smelled perfume on it and when looked underneath dirty brown confirming that it had never seen the inside of a washing machine for some time.
- sliding door in living room missing blind slats so no privacy as unit on main floor in front of parking spaces and main street
- lighting above kitchen filled with bugs of some sort
- fridge grungy - exterior. Freezer dirty.
D) lamps that don't work
E) TV didn't work - no signal.
F) Internet didn't work.
G) Bathroom fan that could wake the dead - if you could call it a fan. I'm not sure what I was looking at in the ceiling.
H) Thought we weren't going to be able to have a shower because we couldn't get the faucet to work. Finally did.
I) Very old furnishings. Not trying to bring their units up to the 21st century any at all.
J) Staff (2) don't seem to hang around for their scheduled work hours so don't expect to get assistance when needed. Maybe that's why things are so run down and dirty.

We couldn't stay at this resort. Went across the street to the SEA LORD HOTEL and was fortunate enough to find a room there - right on the water. Had an absolutely awesome stay there. Note: We had to pay the Sea Cliff for 3 night's stay but it was soooooo worth it. Couldn't have spent another second in this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Location is great , but the rest theres nothing good i would say about it , the rooms were never cleaned or vaccumed , bed sheets were changed in my length of stay.they only thing we got that were clean towels everyday,and 1 roll of toilet paper per day, they really should update their furniture indoors and outdoors by the pool area , pool was very dirty , we had no interet for a whole week due to defective wifi modem ,but thats besides the point ! It was the last time !

• Stayed July 2013
Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice, clean, friendly. i bedroom apt nice clean furniture could be replaced a chair in bedroom was broke. Pool was nice could see ocean from balcony, and walking distance to some good restaurants and the Pier.i would deffinetly stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It is easy to see why everybody staying here have been returning for years ! This is a very well kept older property in LBTS with nice rooms and a beautiful heated pool. The property manager, Rosetta and her assistant (Shirley), work very hard to keep every customer happy during their stay at the 'Cliff', and it shows. The pricing is one of the Best Values in the area, be sure to spend a few dollars more and stay in a suite facing El Mar Drive.........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockaway Beach, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Awesome location right across the street from the beach. Only a four or five block walk to the pier and 101 Ocean, Village Pump etc. Rooms are good, we had a 1 BR with a small kitchen area. Pool is well kept. Most important it was nice and clean. Very affordable rates. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Sea Cliff Resort? Share your experiences!