We stayed here for the first time this past week (April 19-26). The price was reasonable and it was a PERFECT choice! VERY clean, great location and ameneties. The rooms and grounds are very clean and well maintained, and the kitchens are well equipped. The rooms are also very up to date. Their website is accurate as to what you will experience - from the beach cam to the room photos. Beach chairs and umbrellas are provided (first come first served, although we never had an issue getting two chairs and an umbrella - so they obviously planned carefully) and they are of very high quality (Tommy Bahama brand). Just off shore is a live coral reef (about 300 feet out) that we saw many folks snorkeling and diving on throughout the week. The beach is gorgeous and clean. They thought of everything - from a cheese grater in the kitchen, to a pair of bikes you can borrow, and even a device allowing disabled folks access to the pool. This management team clearly cares about their guests' needs. The staff of the Windjammer is outstandingly helpful and friendly as well.
Just South of the Windjammer, (within easy walking distance) are several shops and nice restaurants (highly recommend Burgerfi with their craft beers and chili dogs). A few blocks to the North, you can get on the Water Taxi which will take you all the way to Hollywood and several stops in between. We spent a very enjoyable day doing that as the Water Taxi crew pointed out homes of the rich and famous along the way as well as yachts of the rich and famous.
I could go on and on, but the message here is that this vacation was worth every penny and I will not hesitate to stay at the Windjammer again. A real rarity - great value, outstanding customer service and a perfect location. Try them out - you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida