My husband and I stayed here for a week in early October. We are in our mid fifties and enjoy a quiet vacation and this area fit us well.Our room was unit 15, which is a studio unit with a murphy bed. It is small, but with the bed tucked away during the day the room was quite comfortable and the bed was very easy to raise and lower.The bathroom was small as we expected. There is no bathtub and the corner shower is tiny, so much so that if we had stayed for more than a week I would want a larger space. If the bulky shower curtain was removed and replaced with a shower door it would probably feel a little less claustrophobic. You know how some shower curtains float in to attach themselves to your wet skin? Combine that with an already tiny space and it isn't fun.
The only other aspect of the room I didn't like is the location of the room safe. It is above the microwave which is so high the average woman would have to stand on a chair to reach it. Moving it to a lower cupboard would be an improvement in safety and convenience.
The room and the grounds were very well kept. Thank you to Deborah for her cleaning as well as her friendliness. I don't know the man's name who did the outside work but thanks to him as well.The office staff were friendly and helpful and very prompt in updating us when the power failed one morning. The view from our unit was wonderful. The air conditioning unit was whisper quiet.
If we return to this area I would certainly choose Windjammer again. I'm still checking out the beach cam daily!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida