“IN SHOCK” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dee Jay Beach Resort

Dee Jay Beach Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Dee Jay Beach Resort
You added Dee Jay Beach Resort to your Saves list
4617 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
“IN SHOCK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We live in the area of the hotel and decided to book a room on the beach for the weekend, pulled up and looked fairly clean and quaint.When I walked into the room it was a one bedroom apartment , a little old but clean.Then I realize there's no Air Conditioning in the bedroom this is s.fla. With the temperature of 92° I've lived in s.fla 25 years and was in shock.As I looked around found out there was no tv in the bedroom either the only t.v. was a 19 inch t.v. one the living room with a 30 year old pull out couch.I immediately told them that this is unacceptable and they told me they were gonna char my credit card 85$ for cancelling wife and I were devastated, for this was to be a romantic weekend getaway. They also told us the room was 5 feet off the beach which it was not it's across the street with no beach access or beach view. If you never been to s.fla.believe one thing you do not want to spend the night anywhere where there is no A.C. that is totally insane.Thank God I went over to the hotel across the street which is on the beach the had one room available which they highly discounted for us because they felt so bad...so now I get to spend the next few days arguing with my credit card to remove these charges

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We love the El Mar Area and it is so hard to get a nice place at a reasonable price. We were 2 blocks north of the Pier and right by 2 Beach Portals so it was easy to get to the water.
Maria went out of her way to make our stay excellent and she succeeded! We were only there for 2 nights over the weekend but there were no problems with anything!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor front Room 3n and it was excellent as there was a ramp for the luggage...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Duluth, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I found this place online and called to book it. Pictures online looked ok, but they must have been 15 years old. Maria, who we spoke to and checked us in was very nice, but the place was very old, run down, dirty and not what it looked like online. The price was high for the shape of the establishment.

The floors were filthy, the kitchen grimy, ( had to wipe out fridge and counters. Top of fridge wasn't cleaned for months). Bathroom was a bit scummy and bed sheets were stained. The pool area was slum looking and the BBQ grill was gross and the lid was broken off. They desperately need some good housekeepers and a handy man around there.

We stayed the first night, and had to find a new place to stay as I felt so dirty and icky and couldn't stay any more. We checked out, canceled out stay and checked into another place way better for a bit more money per night.

Upon checking out I was informed that this was the cleanest hotel on the strip. Seriously, they need to check out some of the other places, as this was by far a clean place!

I can't handle ick, and this place was just that.

Room Tip: If you are not a clean freak, or care about cleanliness... anything here will suit you just fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I have been staying at this motel for years, specially for spring break or Independence Day weekend. We usually get about 3/4 different rooms. We absolutely love it here. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. But the privacy they give is incredible.

The pool is amazing.

• Stayed February 2012
Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I was so pleasantly surprised by this place. Yes it's old. But our room was immaculate and there was plenty of room for two adults a child and two dogs. They do have tiled rooms (just a handful) that are rented to pet owners. But above all, the owners were friendly and responsive to all of our needs. And if you want a beach vacation on a budget, you can't beat it. Several of the surrounding properties had no vacancies and those that did wanted a lot more money for a comparable space. It's so close to everything--easy walking distances to restaurants and the publix. We loved it and wish we'd spent all of our vacation here.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Wow wow wow it was simply great, totally wonderful, the best service ever, i have been to fort lauderdale many many times and stayed in a few places but Dee Jay Beach Resort was simply outstanding in every single way, greatest attention to detail, our rooom was so big it felt like a home, and completely spotlessly clean, daily service with a smile, Management taking utmost pride in their job. The pool huge and clean and totally refreshing, and the location of Dee Jay truly the best, from our room we look onto the ocean and just top class by far, the best on El Mar Drive, It was a total pleasure staying here and everyone i spoke to agrees and the price unbeatable for the 7 Star service that we received, we loved it and the Management and Owner made us feel so welcome and was always at any time eager to assist us in any way, Thank you Dee Jay for the best holiday and we will see you everytime we visit fort lauderdale !!!! we have friends staying here and they have already pre-booked for next year simply because it was the best in every way !!!! for great great value you will get 7 star treatment !!! Dee Jay's by far the best in Lauderdale by the Sea.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boulder
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have had the worst most violating experience with this hotel. They gave my personal information from my check-in and name, address, phone and credit card info to a friend of the hotel employees.

Do not go. they will violate your privacy.

Ruined my vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
deejaymotel, Owner at Dee Jay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
The personal and credit card information obtained during registration is for hotel use only. This information is not and has never been distributed or divulged to anyone. This guest is seriously mistaken!

Been to Dee Jay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!