“Perfect Beach Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Perfect Beach Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We loved our stay at the Captain's Quarters (April 13-18, 2011). The owners were great and very accommodating! They take great pride in their property and it shows. The hotel is quiet and relaxing. We loved the Captain's Quarters because it wasn't full of out-of-control party people, loud kids, etc... It's a wonderful place to go and relax on the beach or sit on one of the decks by the beautiful pool. We had a full -size refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker in our room...and there's a barbeque grill available if you want to cook out! The Captain's Quarters is a clean, well-managed hotel right on the beach (no need to rent a car--it's a short walk to everything you need!) What more can you ask for?!? We have recommended this place to family & friends are looking forward to staying there again next year! :)

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Good location. Owners are friendly. Continental breakfast was just coffee and rolls. Beds comfy but we found longs hairs in our bed, on the sheets, pillow cases and blankets which grossed us out. It made us wonder if the sheets had been changed. Long hairs were found in the bathroom also and the ledge above the sink looked like it had not been wiped down from previous occupant.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I went on a quick trip to the Ft. Lauderdale area, and stayed our first night in a name-brand hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on the ICW. We were sorry we did that because the next two nights we found and stayed at Captain's Quarters Resort and loved it! Granted, it is a 50s-60s style motel/hotel building, but it was very clean and nicely decorated. The grounds were beautiful and well-kept, and, yes, directly on the beach so it was a great spot to stay. Several restaurants are located about 1/2 mile walking distance from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this property.

Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We enjoyed our week stay at this resort very much. It is right on the beach at Lauderdale by the Sea. We stayed in a standard room but next time will book a room with a kitchenette for the convenience of preparing meals and more room. The resort has lovely flowers and plants. There is enough room for guests to comfortably lounge around the pool, and chairs that can be taken onto the beach. They keep all areas of the resort very neat and clean.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have better view of ocean.
jupiter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

This South Florida native and her New York husband of nearly 3 decades LOVE discovering Old-Florida destinations coast to coast from our Jupiter, Fl, home. Not fond of the flash and tinsel, we love vintage charm, clean accommodations, and comfortable surroundings. Our WONDER-full weekend at the Captain's Quarters exceeded our expectations This busy weekend included my Saturday birthday; a fabulous afternoon/evening family wedding & reception; and Sunday matinee tix to an encore performance of "Wicked" at the Broward Center for the Arts. In spite of our excitement about all the weekend plans, our biggest challenge was meeting our obligations and leaving our Captain's Quarter's "nest." They had us at "hello" Friday afternoon with a warm welcome and efficient check-into our ground floor Room 107 w/king sized bed. My request for vases to hold the birthday flowers I'd brought along with me was complied with quickly. And in a matter of minutes my husband and I were sitting by the shore sipping sunshine. Our query about restaurants that are just a walk away was met with great tips that we were delighted with. Doubtful we'll ever have such an event-filled weekend like this again, but there's no doubt that we'll come back to The Captain's Quarters for many, many more visits...it was the best!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011 via mobile

We stayed with my husband and two kids recently and we were so excited about our holiday. When we arrived at The Captains Quarters after a long day travelling we were were welcomed by a grumpy man at the desk who had no clue who we were or anything to do with our booking which was a bit concerning. Finally the grumpy mans wife arrived and was a bit friendlier than her husband and she knew who we were and our booking. When we got into the room I was firstly taken aback by the smell of damp! Then after a full inspection I realised that the room was filthy. The floor was sandy, stained and full of hairs (pubic as well as other) the kitchen was damp smelling and generally not up to scratch ants crawling around and dirty windows and dirty floors. The bathroom was also unclean mould around bath plugs etc just didn't feel as it should. I tried to be positive and hoped that the next morning after the cleaner had been it will be ok. Well I was wrong! The cleaner came and yes she made the beds and changed the towels but that was it!!!!! No other cleaning was done at all. The floor was still gritty and dirty (but worse) the bathroom was not cleaned or disinfected. I was devestated as we had so looked forward to this holiday. I felt like I couldn't use kitchen or walk without our shoes on and the damp or musty smell remained. We really did not want to spend much time in room. The next ten days the room
Remained unclean my husband and I watched this so called cleaner and noticed she never went in with any cleaning products at all! No mop no broom no polish. I couldn't take it anymore and I approached the owner about it. She then to my amazement agreed that the cleaner was rubbish and that this was not the only complaint she had. From that day on the cleaner spent longer in each room and tried harder but to be honest it was still way below the standard it should have been (and it's not cheap ) I am just amazed by some of the reviews on trip advisor that state how clean it is!! The only thing I can think of is that they had a better cleaner before? Whilst away my 5 yr old developed worms and my husband has had a very bad gastric bug which I can only put down to poor hygiene. The pool was average and the pastries they offered in the morning were not fresh. They were not friendly owners ( the wife a bit nicer than the husband). The location was amazing and the beach was great. It's such a shame as they have the location and great sized well equipped rooms which were not looked after properly. We would not stay there again. It's the first time I've been away and I'm actually pleased to be back in my clean home!

• Stayed April 2011
Cordoba, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

we go there every year because we feel at home. The place is attended by the owners that have the eye on every detail. A Publics supermaket is a block from the resort, so you can cook your own barbacue watching the ocean. Rooms are spacious and confortable.
Beach chairs and parasols are provided too.

Room Tip: The place is quiet and ground floor rooms are bet.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Captain's Quarters Resort? Share your experiences!