“Sit on the Porch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Moon Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Eclectic, International
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Commercial & Intracoastal Waterway
Description: Recipient of numerous awards for culinary excellence, the restaurant is known as one of the finest dining establishments on America’s east coast serving fresh seafood by the waterway. It is a well-known fact that Blue Moon offers the finest waterfront dining in Fort Lauderdale and is in the top tier of acclaimed restaurants within the entire South Florida region. Blue Moon's elegant interior dining room is decorated in authentic Art Deco style with high ceilings, inlaid wood, carved accents and frosted art glass partitions featuring an underwater theme. There's nothing quite as magical as enjoying an expertly crafted gourmet meal on the Blue Moon terrace where the boats pass by in graceful motion throughout the day and night.
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Sit on the Porch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I travel to the Fort Lauderdale area quite a few times during the year and this restaurant is considered a must for every trip. Sitting on the porch watching the boats glide by is only half of the experience. The food is amazing, especially the sea bass special. This is a wonderful place for a small or large group.

Visited January 2013

Richland
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Blue Moon Fish Company
We decided to check out the Blue Moon Fish Company based upon recommendations from the Wyndham property where we were staying as well as mostly great feedback I read on TripAdvisor. This review will be mixed because there were things we loved about the Blue Moon and some things that were a bit bothersome.
First off, we were bothered when we drove into this incredibly busy area that there was mandatory valet parking only. This is okay and probably necessary at this place but it adds another layer of expense in tips.
Likewise, we knew there was a two for one lunch special that is run every Monday through Saturday from 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM. What they don’t advertise is that to receive this great bargain both lunches had to have a beverage purchase. We normally just have water for our meals so instead, we ordered iced tea … again this is no big deal but it is a bit deceptive.
Lastly on the bothersome issues was that the bill had the tip already figured into the total charge. I have no problem leaving adequate tips but when it is dictated I feel as though there is no latitude in my generosity or lack of the same. The service was excellent and the tip added was not out of line, just that I had no choice other than to add additional tip.
Now, here is the excellent part of our visit. We were seated at a waterside table where we could watch the yachts enter and leave the inland waterway system of Fort Lauderdale, one of the nicest locations in this area. Our service as mentioned earlier was excellent. We both ordered our favorite meals, mine being seafood gumbo and my wife chose the chunky crab cakes. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. My gumbo is as good as any I have eaten and I have tried this dish all around the USA. I finished my wife’s crab cakes and they were as good as I have ever eaten too. The Blue Moon Fish Company is absolutely top-notch.
Except for the minor issues I mentioned, this was an excellent dining experience. I would recommend this place highly to everyone but realize the bothersome issues I mentioned and factor it into your expectations.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good spot to splurge on a meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

It's easy to see why this is such a popular restaurant. It has a beautiful location on the intracostal waterway about 15 mins. north of the Hilton and Westin hotels on the beach. My partner went in looking for cioppino or something like that and pronounced the sautéed shrimp with penne "awesome." I enjoyed the lump crab atop grouper atop mushroom risotto, although it was obvious from the texture that the risotto was not freshly made--quite a no-no for a restaurant of this caliber. Likewise we wanted to order mussels as an appetizer without the pancetta but this could not be done because the sauce is premade. That would have been an easy thing to do on a custom basis, but it was not offered. The other disappointment was a $16 shrimp cocktail that contained 3 tough average-sized "jumbo" shrimp. Key lime cheesecake was scrumptious and easily enough for 3 to share, although the two of us ate every bite! Dinner for two including a mojito each and a glass of wine each and tax was $160 before the tip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monticello, AR
“Great lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Really excellent salads, The desserts are to die for. The yellowtail snapper and the grilled dolphin are incredible. Best of all lunches have a two-for-one special it really keeps the cost reasonable.

Food is excellent service was okay, business like not too friendly. Not a quiet atmosphere kind of busy but overall experience was good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seabrook, New Jersey
“Absolutely Priceless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went out for a business dinner and couldn't be more pleased. The view of the Ocean was awesome, service could not have been better, and the food magnificent.
I wish they had a Blue Moon Fish Company near my home but it would not be the same without the views. If you are in Fort Lauderdale you absolutely have to visit. Looking forward to coming back.

Visited January 2013