“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Caprice

and 1 more site!
You added Villa Caprice to your Saves list
Villa Caprice
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   4110 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2004

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Villa Caprice for 5 days at the end of October 2004. I booked a room based on the excellent reviews on this website - and must say that we were NOT disappointed. This hotel is a little gem. The first two nights, we stayed in a beachfront room w/ our own private balcony. It was absolutely wonderful. The second two nights, were were in a one bedroom apt. This was much more spacious (w/ full kitchen) and still provided an ocean view. The property sits directly on the beach; it has a lush lawn that you cross over to access the beach, which is so nice that many people simply relax there instead of on the sand. The rooms were immaculate, clean, beautifully furnished, and very comfortable. The staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming. If I ever return to Ft Lauderdale, this is where I will stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

I went to Ft. Lauderdale to work as a poll monitor for the election and stayed at "Villa Caprice" based on its Tripadvisor reviews. What an idyllic place! We booked the "smallest" unit, a hotel room (they also have efficiencies and one and two-bedrooms) but it was quite big and beautifully decorated, with two easy chairs, a bistro table with two dining chairs, real night tables, a large mirrored dresser, a good-sized TV, and a huge california king bed. There were double-curtained windows on all three sides, including a picture window facing the ocean. Behind a separate door was another room with a wall-to-wall mirrored closet, cabinets, a microwave, coffeemaker, and small refrigerator. Past this room was a lovely bathroom with a window, Caswell-Massey toiletries, and a vanity full of extra paper supplies and thick white towels. Everything was immaculate.
But the setting is the real magic of "Villa Caprice". We had our own private curved staircase leading up from the ocean-fronted lawn to our small balcony (with two chairs) and the entrance to our hotel room. I felt like I was in an aerie. The grounds were beautiful and seemingly secluded. Although the hotel looks like nothing from the street, going around back is like entering an enchanted world.
Unfortunately, I was working most of the time and barely had a chance to take a walk on the beach. I would love to go back, get the same room, and not leave the hotel at all.

Been to Villa Caprice? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Villa Caprice

Address: 4110 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308
Location: United States > Florida > Lauderdale by the Sea
Beach Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 7 B&Bs / Inns in Lauderdale by the Sea
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Villa Caprice 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Villa Caprice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Villa Caprice Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
Villa Caprice Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida

If you own or manage Villa Caprice, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.