“Roger. London England. Great stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise By The Sea Resort

You added Paradise By The Sea Resort to your Saves list
Paradise By The Sea Resort
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4208 & 4220 North Ocean Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
London, United Kingdom
“Roger. London England. Great stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 weeks in September. The owner, Zenon, was very good; I would see him every morning inspecting the swimming pools and cleaning them. The room (202) was spot on, very large and extremely clean with a nice kitchen, it had everything you could possibly need to cook and prepare food. The housemaid, Alena, was great, she came to the room every day. If I required anything I only had to ask. The bed was very comfortable, I slept like a log. The fridge was large and worked very well. I was sad when it came to the end of my vacation, I was wishing I could turn the clock back and stay on. I will, without a doubt, be back in September 2014 or November 2014. Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here in early Nov. I was very much looking forward to it as I absolutely loved the hotel the last time I stayed 2 years ago.
I'm sad that I'm unable to give such a positive review this time but I always; try to give as honest a review as possible.
Firstly, the room looked a little tired and in need of some paint. The ceiling in the bathroom was peeling. I'm guessing that the last time I stayedbi had just been done so maybe it's due for another do over.
A really annoying problem was the light switch and fan switch for the ceiling fan had snapped and not been replaced. This meant that I had to ask my partner to turn the light on for me at least a few times a day as I couldn't reach it.
These two problems wouldn't have affected my review but the next 2 issues did put a dampener on the stay.
Before we checked in we went to the store and bought provisions, milk, cheese, ham, yoghurts. That kind of thing. After checking in we put the food in the fridge but noticed a few hours later that it wasn't cold.
In the mornng I went to the front desk and reported it to the young male on the desk. He said someone would sort it.
We came back late to find that the fridge was still broken. In the morning we asked again and said we would change rooms. Also asked if they had an ice machine. Nope and nope.
When we came back that night the fridge was fixed, it kept things cold but was now so loud it woke you up at night.
I was not happy at having to throw away 30 dollars worth of food though, but at least we could have a cold drink on out 4th and 5th days.
The thing that bothered me the most though was the state of the pool. The pool by my room felt really cold so I decided to try the smaller one at the front of the hotel. Now last time, this pool was clean and a pleasure to swim in. This time, However, it was disgusting. I dont use that word lightly. The walls just above the water level were so grimy that some pool noodles brushing the wall, had this grime all over them.
On the plus side, the staff were friendly. The rooms were very clean and the location is second to none.
Would I stay there again?
Yes, if they cleaned the pool. I can accept the peeling paint, thats no big deal and even the fridge if it had been sorted earlier but the dirty pool. There really is no excuse .

• Stayed November 2013
Shippensburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here last year and returned to stay again on November 11-17, 2013. We absolutely love this resort. The location is great! Half a block from a beautiful private beach. Parking is free and right in front of the resort. Publix Supermarket a few blocks away. Many restaurants within walking distance. We reserved an efficiency apt. with 2 queen-size beds. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchen was equipped with everything you need to make a meal. The two swimming pools were very nice and clean. The staff was very nice, courteous, and friendly. We look forward to staying there again next year. M&T

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor may be quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Golden, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I booked here for two nights based on previous reviews............I don't get it.

The managers are nice, the rooms are clean.........but it's noisy, you can hear everyone in their rooms, you can hear a toilet flushed 3 rooms away. The in-room air conditioner is old and noisy, the tub doesn't drain well. The mattresses are old and soft. The place isn't bad, the location is close to the beach, but there are lots of trade offs.

Room Tip: good luck, don't think there are any quiet locations, property is right on busy road
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel because we needed a place to stay for our last night before catching an early flight out of ft lauderdale. I liked that the rooms had full kitchens with utensils & pots and pans. We arrived fairly late and the owner was very accomodating and friendly. There was a large group drinking outside on one of the balconies at the hotel but the owner gave us a room far away from this group without us having to ask. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I would stay here again but not sure whether I would stay again on a weekend night when traveling with my children. It seemed to be kind of a party scene nearby with bars on the beach and a lot of foot traffic. Would be perfect place for travelers without young children though.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very comfortable and cozy, 2 pools, we walked to the beach and restaurants... Rooms where very nice, fridge, microwave, toaster, oven and all the utensils... Anything we needed we received right away, staff always on site and available... Can't wait until the next vacation here!!!!!

Room Tip: I like the studio apartment type room... Like home but better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great Place to stay! This resort is very clean with large rooms .AC works great,Very Safe and Quiet Place. Very friendly owner and Maid, 1 block from the beach, Dining and entertainment a couple of blocks away.We stayed in an efficiency with a cozy kitchen and dining table. Also has Very comfortable beds and sofa. Great place to share family time or with your significant other. Nice atmosphere to relax and swim in the pool and if you want to cook at home their kitchens have everything you need.. There is also a outdoor grill by the pool.This is the second time I have been here and I will be back!

Room Tip: Owner will help you choose the room for you, different styles to choose from ,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Paradise By The Sea Resort? Share your experiences!