“Welcome to the jungle :-)” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4628 N. Ocean Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Special Offer
CALL HOTEL, SAVE 25%
Pilsen, Czech Republic
“Welcome to the jungle :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Nice place with nice style. Close to the beach and restaurant and shops. Room is small and bad have memory mat trace which is no good for sleep,no kitchen but u will love the place by pool. Personal is very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Waterbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a nice room with 2 doubles and a pull-out futon. The room also had a small kitchenette with all utensils and microwave. This resort is not fancy, but it's suitable for budget-minded families. The pool area is lit up @night, and feels like an oasis paradise. It has so many cute lush colors! Across, the street is a mini-plaza with a cvs, dunkin-donuts, dollar-store, nail-spa, hair-spa, pizza, and a diner. There is also a grocery store. You really don't need a car, but we like to venture off to surrounding areas. I called a day ahead, to make sure there were no problems with my reservations. I am so glad i did....they didn't have me in there system! Everything turned out fine. My overall rating is a 7 on a scale of 1-10. ;)

Room Tip: I booked on orbitz with a coupon I got on "retailmenot.com", and payed $75.00 dollars for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It wa a pleasure to stay in this small but super cozy hotel.
Our room was beautiful, very spacious and with everything I needed.The cozy hotel is decorated very nice with a lot of plants and the pool has a regular size.
What I loved most was that it was so close to the beach, les than 1/2 a block and the lady at the office Ida (?)...she was so nice and funny.
I will go back for sure!
What I recommend will be to have those soda and water machines. Always helpful, even we have a Publix across the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Clean, friendly, accomodating. Lovely accomodations in true Lauderdale by the Sea style.
Here now and enjoying the wonderful tropical plants! Took me all of 90 seconds to walk to the beach! Booked a basic hotel room for one and was surprised to find a fridge and coffee pot!!
A five minute walk to the supermarket and now stocked with water, champagne and coffee!
Love this hideaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love it.. New Owners, changing Rooms, all New this is a PLUS. Staff very helpful and super nice, take the time to tell me where to go with my husband. Very calm, relaxing and I really feel like I was at home. Beach is super close walk distance and they provide everything to enjoy the Beach and the pool even toys for my little one.. ;-), Rooms super clean and the lady from housekeeping went the extra mile. I recommend this place and I will be back for summer .

Room Tip: get the new rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at this little gem. I feel as if the staff there are our new friends! They couldn't have been more accommodating. Our 1 bedroom apartment was ready early and we were able to check in early. The room had been recently updated with new furniture and beds and was spotless. Flat screen TV's in both the bedroom and living room. Full kitchen with blender, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, range and stove, and refrigerator.

There is a lush, tropical pool area and beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas and all kinds of toys for their guests' use either there or at the beach. There are a couple of gas grills for guests to use as well.

This place was sold about 2 months ago and the owners are updating all the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Campton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We reserved this hotel because of the great reviews here on trip advisor, but as someone stated below, I disagree with most of them. First, the actual name is "Best Florida Motel", and as far as resort versus motel, it certainly falls into the cheap motel category. It is not right on the beach as they claim, and they must have had an extremely talented photographer photograph their pool area. The pool area is tiny, is about 20 feet away from Rt. 1a, and surrounded by the cheap motel rooms. When we arrived there was a large man standing in front of the gate to the place looking intimidating, which made even walking in uncomfortable. Then, the owner was busy with a guest in the small office at the front (again, exactly what you see in movies at cheap motels, only with more flowers and bright colors), so we had to wait a while for that to get wrapped up. Once inside, the woman asked for our reservation, and stated that she "didn't have [us] there". I handed her the printed email I had received a month before from the hotel's email address that was confirming our room and rate. The woman stated that they had recently purchased the hotel and that we must have made the reservations prior to the purchase, and the previous owners must not have given the reservation to her. This was false, because when we asked her when she bought the place she said a date that was prior to our confirmation email (same email is still on their business cards). The hotel was booked full so we were stranded. The owner offered to give us 15% off our next stay there for the inconvenience (the same discount they offer if you book through booking.com), and gave us the name of another hotel in the area (which was also booked). We never got a chance to see the rooms, but we will certainly not be back to check it out. I recommend people look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Florida Resort? Share your experiences!