“Cozy and relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
CALL HOTEL, SAVE 25%
“Cozy and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a small place and the owners live on the property, so they are always available which is very nice. It's only about a block from the beach and they do have a cute, small pool on property. The rooms are clean and comfortable, even the smaller ones have a frige, coffee pot, toaster, and dishes. They don't provide coffee or shampoo/conditioner, and the window unit air conditioner takes a little bit of time to cool down the rooms, but the owners are friendly and accommodating. After check in I was greeted by name every time I went in and out, and when I decided last minute to stay an extra night they were able to rearrange things so I could stay in my same room. The owner walked me to my room, carried my stuff, and turned on all the lights before I went in (checked in at night), then gave me directions to the pier, grocery store, etc before he left, which was really nice being new to the area. Very warm, very friendly, amazing deal for the price, and I will absolutely return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
new york,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is my second stay at Best Florida Resort and I must honestly say the place is marvelous! I regret not writing a review last year! Not only the owner is the sweetest lady ever but also the accommodations are nothing more to wish for. My sentiment for the place might be obvious since I am Polish and the same for the owner, Bozena but It really boils down to the place itself.... It is a very nice, quiet place close to the beach that offers you both: nice lodging experience and a affordable price. What caught my attention first was how clean the place is and the special attention by the owner... You will really have a very nice time here! I would return here a thousand times....:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We spend there 4 nights. We chose the hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews and we were so right to do so.

Pros: The attached photos should give you just a glimps of the great time we had there. The room was very clean, very quiet, very cozy. The price we paid was great too. It is close to the Beach area. The owner was very nice and helpful to us.

Cons: No continental breakfast included and fairly slow internet connection. But, to be honest, they did not bother too much. There was a Publix located very close (walking distance) and plus we ate out most of the times.

Other: Our room, 208, was great size for a couple. Me and my wife loved it. I would not recommend that room, however, if you have kids and need some more space. I do not know whether all the other rooms are the same size, some are larger.

We definitely recommend this to everyone. Will be back with the first occasion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed at this motel for 12 days this May. This was our 6th visit at this charming, clean and quiet motel. This despite the fact that we have to travel diagaonally across the continent to get here. This year, as in the last, we stayed in the delux appartment that includes a small private patio. The motel is situated on A1A just a block away from the beach and a small shopping plaza that includes a few restaurants and a Publix supermarket. The motel is also located about 4-5 blocks from a quaint little town square with ample restaurants, souvenir shops and a fishing pier. Lauderdale by the Sea is just a 20 minute drive from the Lauderdale Airport and close to Miami and several attractions.
We are treated like family by the owners, Bo and Thomas. We have observe them treating other guests in much the same manner. We have found that our stays have always been consistently pleasant and I am sure that this is due to the fact that the ownership has also remained unchanged. We have stayed in and have have reviewed several 4 and 5 star hotels and resorts worldwide over the past few years but none compare to the ambiance at this motel. The cleaning lady makes you feel that you are at home and does a superb job of keeping things clean and tidy and never rushes you, unlike some places. The only downside for us is the sadness as we get closer to the end of our stay.
If you found this review helpful please indicate as such below. Should you have any questions, we will try our best to respond as best as we can.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Corner Brook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We just spent 10 days here and were really pleased with our studio apt. It was kept very clean.The housekeeper provided excellent service. This resort is in an excellent location,close to Publix,town square and the beach is beautiful. The owners,Bo & Thomas were very good to deal with. We would highly recommend staying there and we look forward to going back next year !

Rob & Pat Kenny,Corner Brook, Newfoundland,Canada.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I arrived Wednesday morning and was immediately greeted by Bo, the owner. I walked through bamboo gates into this luscious tropical sanctuary surrounding a lovely pool. I was meeting my aunt who had been to this resort twice in the past 6 years and we were treated if we were regulars. The room was beautiful, two full beds, cable, full eat in kitchen and a spacious bathroom and closet space. There is a house keeper 7 days a week, Yolanda who magically makes your room look like you never stepped foot in it. Fresh towels everyday, beds made, amazing service! I can see why my Aunt stays here when she travels. Its about 3/4 block from the beach, and 3 blocks from downtown pelican square in LBTS. Anglins Pier is 24 hours and has amazing pelicans and fishing! Everything you need is in walking distance including a Publix, my new favorite grocery store. I cannot wait to go back and am already plotting my next trip down there. It was a scathingly brilliant adventure!

ps. make sure you sit in the chairs in the corner by the pool, they are like hammocks and cradle you in the womb of florida.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Stanford, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

This resort scores high on location for us. Sure, it is separated from the beach by 2rows of houses/more motels along a road that runs at the back but I've got legs to walk. It's not a fancy place, more reminiscent of a BnB (without the breakfast) with hosts who are eager to please. Within 2mins of us going to our rooms, Bo brought us beach towels. The kitchenette was well equipped with pots, saucepans, knives, cutlery, a kettle, microwave, large fridge, coffee maker, toaster etc. This is ideal for a family who doesn't want to pay $20+ for a pasta dish at the restaurants in town.

Room 203 us spacious and has a King bed (plenty of pillows) and a twin day bed for our kid and staying there, we encountered no musty smell at all. The decor may seem dated, but not tacky. I was impressed with the soundproofing and we couldn't hear the family next door (we saw they had several kids) unless we pressed our ear to the wall. And who does that anyway?!

Walking to the pier, which charges $2 per head for sightseers, we passed 2 other motels we were considering, they are closer to the beach and looked newer on the outside. But for the price we paid, this is the best value indeed.

Only down side, they only provide a bar of Irish Spring soap. Fortunately we brought our own shampoo and conditioner!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Best Florida Resort? Share your experiences!