“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beachside Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Beachside Village Resort
You added Beachside Village Resort to your Saves list
4553 El Mar Dr, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Montreal
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed over for a week in July 2014 and loved it! We had a one bedroom appartment with full kitchen and we just can't find anything negative! Clean, comfortable, great location, steps from the beach! They have kayaks, beach chairs and umbrellas, all free of charge. Staff is extremely nice! Just really the best place to stay in LBTS!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Keystone Heights, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family had a wonderful time and stay at BVR. The location was great just across from the beach. The Staff, Rooms and Grounds were perfect and well maintained with superb service. The resort offered excellent gear from bikes, kayaks and snorkel equipment for the reefs and board walk, just located across the street from the resort. The kids had a outstanding time using the gear and really enjoyed the pools. If your looking for something like there moto " It's not where you stay, it's where you live" then this is the place for you.
Thanks for a wonderful getaway,
The Schofield's.. Semper Fi.

Room Tip: Maybe pool side for the kids.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights and everything was perfect.
very clean hotel, well decorated rooms and an high quality standard service.

we will come back for sure.

Also Oliver ( our dog) really enjoyed the vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was just sitting at my desk daydreaming about going back to the BVR next year when I realized I forgot to write a review! This place was the most perfect 4 day escape I could ask for. My mom and I booked this hotel fairly last minute for a quick 3 night getaway and we could not have asked for a better place to stay. The staff is more than accommodating, the rooms are spotless, and the pool is perfect. They even have a basket of sunscreen for the guests to use. I can't think of anything I would change. Can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I with our 6 year old granddaughter stayed at Beachside for 20 days recently. I don't want to make this sound fake or blown out of proportion but EVERYTHING about the resort was as advertised and better! The owners are great people and they are always available. They have hired the most friendly, helpful and nice people to work there. We were pampered, taken care of, and appreciated every day we were there. The resort is immaculate and beautiful. They had all the beach equipment, snorkel gear, etc. that we needed (and it was quality equipment as well). The rooms are spotless with all kinds of neat beach decorations, and the bed was the best I've slept on in any hotel I've stayed at (I'm a pilot and travel all over the world so I know when I've stayed at a great place!) Again, I'm not exaggerating about any of this. I want to say a huge thank you to all at the resort for making our vacation so memorable. I have been telling my friends and family about our stay and highly recommending that they go there themselves. We will be back that's for sure! We loved Beachside Village Resort, really, really loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights 2 weeks ago for our anniversary. Lucky was so friendly as was all the staff. The place is spotless. We stayed on the second floor over looking the pool on El Mar. It was perfect. If you want more action get a room by the other pool. All the attention to details from the Friday night happy hour to the ice cold lemon water stations were not wasted on us. Boy did we relax! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were absolutely delighted when we stayed for 5 nights in June. We traveled just 2 hours from our home in Cape Coral, FL, my husband needing to be in Ft Lauderdale for business. When we decided I'd tag along, I thought, "I'm not in love with Ft Lauderdale ... but let me do some research." I really wanted to stay somewhere unique and special, rather than at a high-rise hotel with hundreds of rooms in busy Ft Lauderdale. I knew I'd be on my own every day, with my husband in meetings, and that being just 3 weeks out of the hospital for a hip replacement, I didn't want that large, up-and-down-the-elevator, corporate-hotel where the rooms are alike and "Can I even remember where our room IS?!" kind of place to enjoy my "vacation" and a place for my husband to come home to after days of business meetings in just such a place. In fact, whatever the nature of our trip, we don't prefer those kinds of accommodations anyway. We're "off the beaten path" travelers, who still enjoy luxury at smaller, unique places, traveling always with our dog. (Which is why we wouldn't consider Ft Lauderdale as a destination for a "real" vacation. Not ever)! As I perused "Beach Front Hotels, Ft Lauderdale," it became more clear that the little "village" of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea was the place for us. But where to stay? After reading the reviews for Beachside Village Resort, I knew I'd FOUND the place. And after STAYING there for 5 nights and days, I didn't want to leave the place! Leaving Cape Coral much later than we'd planned, we negotiated route 75 traffic on a rainy night, arriving at BVR after midnight, a bit weary from the drive and tired from having worked that day in Ft. Myers. It was dark, late and we didn't know the area. But we found BVR easily, and called from our car to say "We're here!" Dave met us at our car at that late hour in the pouring rain. He welcomed us - and Bruce, our dog - warmly, offering ice cold Yuengling beers (America's oldest brewery)! A check-in that didn't seem like a "check in," gazing at this oasis on a dark, rainy night, we realized THIS IS IT! Immediately I felt the Cape Cod vibe, having spent summers in Falmouth, MA, on the Cape. I mumbled something about that and Dave beamed, saying he was from Falmouth! As he walked us to our room (I'll get to that), it was clear that he had a "special" connection with the property ... I asked if he was the Resident Manager, and he simply replied "Yep," as he pointed out where the Atlantic Ocean was (we hadn't gotten our bearings quite yet), showed us the steps to BVR's rooftop, inviting us to have breakfast there to see sunrises and, finally, up two stairs to a lovely porch (ours!) and our "room" that wasn't just a room, but a beautiful suite, complete with a kitchen, dining table and sofa. We've surely stayed at many places with those amenities, but this was different. For a moment, I felt as if I were with a realtor, looking at a place I could never afford to buy on Cape Cod! It was just lovely. It felt like home, and we told Dave that as he left us. (BTW: Dave is the owner. As an upstanding New Englander, he'd never have boasted that to us. Not then, not ever.) As native New Yorkers who spend summers on the Cape, it takes an awful lot to make us jump up and down, joyously singing "We're here for four nights! YAY! Oh yeah!" But, of course, that's what exactly what we did after Dave left. Even with my still-sore new hip. We didn't "inspect" our accommodations. Rather, we discovered one delight after another. The soft colors of the rooms, Pergo floors (bamboo perhaps), the glass tiles in kitchen and bath, like subway tiles made of sea glass. Freshly painted walls a light sea blue, and everywhere crisp, white trim: crown moldings, louvered-covered windows, baseboards. Lovely furnishings, and - again, in true Cape/Nantucket fashion - function following form. Kitchen and bath were beautiful and outfitted with all anyone would need. That thread - of anything one would need, or want - continued throughout the beautifully landscaped property: flower covered white fences, pathways to pool floats and beach towels and the warmest of small staff (all felt like family who truly know each other and are connected, as owners here) who will personally show you around, where to grab towels and beach chairs (beach chairs we'd have at home, but wouldn't want to cram in the Mini Cooper to a hotel)! But, really! Who'd want to even bother walking the 50 yards to the beach - even this really beautiful beach, by our picky standards? We live on the west coast of Florida, spend most summers in Falmouth, Cape Cod on the beach every day. The beach, steps away, is one gorgeous beach. But the main pool at BVR almost trumps it, with roomy, well-appointed cabanas to "live in" all day and into the evenings? That's just what we did on a couple of nights, forgoing restaurants in favor of reading and playing board games in the cabana I'd spent the day in (the pools have plenty of lounge chairs and floats to use if you wish). There are grills if you like. Or just visit the nearby grocery store and stock up on shrimp and wine for the fridge to take out to the pool for a quiet evening in. We can't say enough about the staff at BVR. You can see from others here who mention Lucke, Amy and Roberto. These are great folks, not simply top notch hoteliers - though they're that, too. These lovely people make your visit truly special. These are "hug them when you depart" folks.
From the great pool - like the pools of the really great old hotels and yacht clubs of our pasts, to the room or suite - like your mother's guest house on Nantucket, to the staff you feel you know - again, as it was in our past from the Cape to the Lake Placid Club ... wait! I got lost a bit there! Because at BVR, you're in the tropics of South Florida, and it's 2014! You really are!
We can't wait to visit again soon, no business allowed, just for hard-earned vacation time! Thanks to all at The Beachside Village Resort!

P.S. It never rained another drop during our stay, and we fell in love with LBS! If, like us, you travel with your canine companion, consider a terrific vacation for him/her, as well as freeing yourself from any guilt of leaving them in your rooms, and check out the World Class dog day care facility "The Pet Lodge" just a few minutes away. Bruce had a blast; we could tell because he was one popped pooch at night)!

Stayed June 2014

Been to Beachside Village Resort? Share your experiences!