“Absolutely Topnotch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beachside Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Beachside Village Resort
You added Beachside Village Resort to your Saves list
4553 El Mar Dr, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Knoxville, TN
“Absolutely Topnotch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I just returned this week from my second stay at Beachside Village Resort. Upon checking out, I told Lucky, the hostess, to consider me a regular from now on (as my family had been of the BVR's former incarnation as Rainbow-by-the-Sea). The folks at BVR have worked wonders with a property that had fallen on hard times. In fact, their ongoing renovations worked to my advantage; because the room I had requested was scheduled for renovation, I was upgraded to the beautiful Nantucket Suite! I cannot promise you'll be that fortunate, but I feel confident in promising that you will find BVR an unforgettable experience. I have never dealt with a staff as consistently friendly and attentive to their guests' every need. The grounds are absolutely immaculate and will make you feel you are staying in a flower garden. The rooms are beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean. The amenities (including two pools) are outstanding. You simply cannot do better in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea than Beachside Village Resort.

Room Tip: Depending on what your needs are, any room is a good room. Renovations are going on around the stree...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Port Royal, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great place, great staff and great location. My wife and I went to 'relax' for three nights in May.
The staff at the resort could not have been more helpful. The facility is old but has been tastefully and thoughtfully upgraded. Two pools and walking distance to beach and 'Village'.
Another good thing for me was to be able to park the car at check in and not use it again for three days. Plenty to see and do close by. Definitely looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: I think the more expensive rooms (suites) would probably be quieter because they are in a single sto...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Park, , IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The hotel was perfect. Small, intimate and charming. Spotlessly clean. Newly renovated rooms. Nice added touches, such as free beach chairs & umbrellas, bicycles. And especially the cold lemon water jugs by the pool areas.Great location - walking distance to absolutely everything.
All the staff was friendly & attentive. It was very safe and very quiet, even with a wedding party staying there during my visit. The only down side was that I found the mattress to be very hard and did not sleep well on it. Would definitley go back.

Room Tip: Right now the property next door is doing renovations so I would stay away from the rooms that are i...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Recently my husband and I were supposed to be taking a trip to the Keys. Found the prices for hotels outrageous and the accommodations unacceptable so we decided to come back to the coast to Ft. Lauderdale as our flight was from there. That is when we checked Tripadvisor and found this wonderful motel. Though it is not oceanfront the hospitality, cleanliness and accommodations made up for that and more. Everyone there, from the office staff (especially Lucky) to the owner David, housekeeping, carpenters, landscaping, all make you feel welcome and appreciated. I can not say enough about how clean and well decorated the rooms are. Top quality beach decor inside the room and throughout the grounds. The offer snorkeling equipment and kayaks to their guests free of charge!!! Who does that? Beachside Village, thats who.
David also owns a restaurant and pub just down the street and they give you discounts for that too!! And let me tell you discount of no the food and service was FABULOUS. After we ran out of coupons we still ate there again and again and every meal was GREAT!!!!. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!!! You will not go wrong at Beachside Village Resort.
PS: The other place #1 on Tripadvisor never even answered their phone (I called three times) and their office was closed the whole time we were in town with no way to contact them. Thank goodness, otherwise I may never have found this gem. Thank you all again so much. WE WILL BE BACK. !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I arrived frazzled from the airport. Lucke and her team were cheerful and welcoming. I was offered a lemonade and a seat. I was processed quickly and brought to my efficiency. The calm blue and white beach decor helped my stress to melt away even more. The whole team was visible on the grounds daily. They always asked if there was anything I needed. I will return to this hotel in the future as a stop over before continuing on with my vacation or to spend the whole vacation with this group. Go and see for yourself.
Antoinette from PA

Room Tip: The cottage efficiencies give the most relaxing feel in my opinion. I also stayed poolside on my ret...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here with our 3 children for 2 1/2 days.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. Very nice beds, clean sheets, lots of pillows.

Kitchenette was great for breakfast and lunch. We used the poolside BBQ grills for dinner one night, and ate on the rooftop patio. The kids LOVED it.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and made if feel like we were staying with friends.

A few notes:

- bring your own shampoo - there isn't any in the baths
- the hotel is within walking distance of Publix grocery and CVS drug store - handy!
- beach chairs are provided and very handy
- iced lemon-water is a nice touch at each pool

Our kids and us had a GREAT time at this boutique hotel. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Litchfeild
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

This was our families second time staying at BVR and it just keeps getting BETTER!!! The owner David just doesn't stop. He has taken an old resort that desperately needed updating and with his vision he and his staff have turned it into a little piece of heaven. Its a home away from home. Its comfortable, its friendly, its convenient to EVERYTHING! The layout of this resort is wonderful, with 2 pools, shuffleboard, grilles, courtyards and a beautiful deck overlooking the ocean. You'll have to take extra time before you leave to say goodbye because you will become friends with all guests and staff. We can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beachside Village Resort? Share your experiences!