“Good deal with a Groupon” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   4601 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Announcement
FALL SEASONAL SALE
Miami
“Good deal with a Groupon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great boutique type of hotel across from beach , Tugba was very accommodating. Switched our room, although they were full and we had to use a studio instead of a bedroom suite. The studio was small but clean and sufficient.

Room Tip: Check about the A/C in the room. That is an issue.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CORALKEYINN_LBTS, General Manager at Coral Key Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Coral Key Inn. We are truly interested in hearing about customer issues and very concerned about improvements to our services and facilities. All feedback is important to us, be it good or bad.

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and myself. Our aim of work is always to give the best service as possible.

We are sorry that we had to move you for a smaller room because of the A/C problem. I am pretty sure it was room 24 which we had this problem during the hot weathers in Florida. We told a couple months ago that we are planning to put a portable A/C in this one bedroom suite. Finally we have the good news for you.! We added a second 9000btu A/C unit right in to the closet to make sure our guests have a comfortable sleep and accommodation. Besides that we are still working on small repairs and updates during this slow season to serve better to our guests in the future.

We are hoping to see you back at Coral Key Inn and wish you all our best.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Con -
-hair in bathroom on walls of shower
-No garbage cans
-One air conditioner in kitchen so bedroom was hot
-No light in bedroom
-Fan above bed made to much noise to sleep
-Dusty
-face cloth had makeup on it
-Stove did not work
-Tv did not work
-don't bring a lot bc there are stairs
-not a lot of parking

**WORST PART WAS: We wanted to check out early to be on our way. Checkout is at 10am. On the office door it says be back at 9am. We were ready at 8:50 so we went to check to see if anyone was in the office and no one was there yet. There is no drop box to drop off the key and parking pass so we waited.No one showed up so we made our first call at 9:15 to the 2 numbers on the business card, continued calling and no one picked up. We decided to go get gas before our long drive. When we got back no one was in the office still. 10:15am rolls around and nothing. I must have called the 2 numbers one the business card 16+ times. We ended up leaving the room key and parking pass locked in the room. Emailed them that we did so and left.
This is not a well run business :(

Pro - beach location

• Stayed July 2013
Zuhal K, Manager at Coral Key Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Hotelier,

All areas of our rooms and facilities are our number one priority as of cleanliness. A meeting with housekeeping had been taken place due to your complain of bathrooms to solve your concern immediately. We certainly do not accept any excuse of any kind of cleanliness issue.

Every room has a small garbage disposal in the bathroom and a big garbage disposal inside the kitchen cabinet. I am sorry that you probably missed the one inside the cabinet. Please ask front office or housekeeping assistance if you think you are missing anything in your room.

You are absolutely right about the ceiling light in the bedroom. There is no ceiling lights in any rooms due to the electrical construction to the old style of the building. Therefore we put several floor or table lightings in every room to give it a efficient and decorative looking. Both side tables in the bedroom has lightings and the switches are on them that you need to light up manually.

The only one A/C in the kitchen is a big problem specially during these season when it gets really hot outside. We put a portable A/C to our budget this month and certainly believe this will be solving your concern regarding to the A/C.

As of the fan above the bed and the stove our maintenance could not find any problems to fix since they are working well but we will keep an eye on it. The problem may be on and off.

Please ask for special needs and lower level rooms since we do not have an escalator. We gladly would accommodate any special request according to our availability.

Although the parking is a big issue in most of the hotels in this area, Coral Key Inn can accommodate all rooms with free parking with no hassle. You can either park right in front the hotel on our free parking lot or with the parking permit that you can get from the front office for no charge and park right on the street in front . Most of the time we even provide free parking for your guest at a 2 minute walking distance to the hotel.

Most hotels in Lauderdale-by-the Sea have limited office hours. We are no exception because 13 room business model does not provide for running a full 24-hour front desk. We apologize any inconvenience caused by the office hours. The phone would not be answered if you call both numbers on the business card when the office is closed. Therefore as the manager of the hotel I put my personal mobile number on the door available 7/24 for any needs of hour guests. I can assure your phone would be answered at your first call no matter what, as you did call me and I kindly asked you to leave your key and permit in your room and lock the room from behind.

Once again I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.
Please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Lauderdale By The Sea was most enjoyable.
Riverdale, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The trip started out when we used a Groupon for our rooms. The rooms were normally $150 a night and we got them for half off. (Around $80 with fees.) ok not bad for a few nights on the water in Fort Lauderdale. We go to check in and the lady at the desk Tugba told us that she would have to charge us $100 for incidentals..which is pretty unheard of at that rate. Anyway, we go into our room and it wasn't bad. It was a small upstairs apartment with kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom also there was a walk in closet and couches. We thought we did very well, but we did not.

1. The light in the bedroom was nonexistent as the lit switch had been replaced with a light switch cover. Weird I thought and tried the cords on the lit. The fan worked but not the light. Ok we'll that's annoying.

2. I went to go make some hot water for tea and I grabbed a kettle from the kitchen. Cool! I go to turn on the stove and...no spark!! Hmmm I tried another burner just in case that one didn't work..nothing. Ok so now the room smells of gas..great and e stove does not work.

3. It was late at night and my girlfriend and I wanted to just court up and watch a movie on the tv. Well surprise, surprise...it's not hooked up. I tried changing the remote code, using my ipad, unplugging the cable, tv, and envy thing...nothing worked. Ok fine we will just have to use my ipad. No big deal...but kind of annoying.

4. There is no garbage except a small bathroom garbage. If you have a kitchen...you should have a garbage pail in there.

5. The a/c is in the kitchen and you have to blast it on cold to make the bedroom cool. Again annoying.

6. The shower had hair in the drain and on the walls...gross!!

All in all the place isn't bad, but just not what I would expect it to be. For the price we payed we cannot complain. The beach is across the street and very quiet..which was awesome!

I do not think we will be back again.

Room Tip: Do not get room 24 as nothing works...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zuhal K, Manager at Coral Key Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Hotelier,

As of my investigation with your concerns abov, I realized the review on Jul 22,2013 " Not worth the Groupon :( " written by username Travelingbeachgirl13 travelled with you stayed as a couple in the same room, had the same concerns and issues. Therefore in order to not to repeat my response please see above under the same subject.

The lady at the desk Nancy - not Tugba- who is the night and weekend person responsible of our little inn repeated to you only the deposit taken of $100 which was charged back in 03/20 as a security deposit as hotel policy to confirm your reservation and the same credit card got issued a refund after your taxes right after your checkout. The receipt has been e-mailed to you on 07/22/2013, same day as your check out. There is no other amount charged for your stay except your taxes of $16.94.

On the other hand I am glad to hear you like our location right across the beach and enjoyed the quietness.

Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just came back from a weekend stay at this hotel. Property was well kept and pleasant to the eye. The studio/room was clean(a must for us) and had the very basic accommodations. A comfortable bed, spotless white lines, and a clean bathroom. The kitchenette is convenient and has a full size fridge plus, a small stove and utensils. Didn’t quite use it for cooking but prepared breakfast on it every day and it was great to have a place to store milk, and snacks. Living room had a queen size(very comfortable pull out sofa) and flat screen TV. The staff is friendly, specially manager Tubga(very accommodating). Had no issues with our kids and the weekend manager. Our two 9 yr old were thrilled about the pool and had quite a good time splashing water and having fun in the pool deck and no one said anything negative regarding their excitement. Pool area is small but delightful. House keeper was very kind too. We forget to bring shampoo and she found some for us. Location was great. Right across the street from the beach. The beach is wide, long and clean. Walking distance to Publix(grocery store), and all major restaurants and bars in the area. Lauderdale by the Sea is small but charming little beach town. The area felt safe as well. Very quiet and relaxing. My only incontinent was that the studio unit only has 1 wall A/C unit in the kitchenette, so not much of this gets into the bedroom and it was a bit warm at night. If you are looking for a place, low key, relaxing, clean, safe and family friendly, I would say this is a safe choice. We would love to be back soon. Will post some pictures soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CORALKEYINN_LBTS, General Manager at Coral Key Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Hotelier,

Throughout the slow season we start working on A/C complaints and other minor renovations. We are hoping no longer the A/C units will be a concern for Coral Key Inn. If it is we promise we will fix it and make it right.

We are so glad to hear your little one most enjoyed the pool and you all had a nice stay.

Hope to see you back at Coral Key Inn and wish you all our best.
Longwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a very comfortable, safe, clean place to stay in this quaint little beach town. Perfect location within walking distance to stores, bars, and restaurant and of course, the BEACH! Courtyard is the perfect place for relaxing, cocktails, or breakfast.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom suite. The full kitchen was well stocked.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just stayed there in a One Bedroom with three adults and one child. Excellent location, rooms were spotless and weekday manager Tugba was awesome and helpful. You know the room is clean when you can walk barefooted and not have black feet. The one bedroom was completely furnished (kitchen) and had a blow dryer in the bathroom. Parking is tight and only one car per room. But it was available and free. Don't know what would happen if motel was full though. The weekend manager is not nearly as friendly and helpful but she was not rude. When I asked her about the free shuttle she said she didn't know anything about it. How are you a manager of a motel and not know anything about the area? She told me "if I had a computer to look it up online, that's what another guest did." If you are asked that question the first time and don't know the answer, seems like you'd find out so when you are asked again you would know. At least if you cared about being a good motel manager; that's what you would do. That was the extent of her customer service. Like I said she wasn't rude just not friendly for having that type of job. I remarked to her that we loved the place and thought it was nice and she just looked at me. No thank you, no we are happy you like it, nothing. Tugba on the other hand couldn't have been nicer or more helpful in reference to restaurants in the area. Very friendly. Motel is right across the street from the beach. I guess that's what they mean by oceanfront room. The ocean is across the street IN FRONT of your room. But definitely not my perception of oceanfront. The area felt very safe and was very quiet. So so happy we experienced this gem of a motel through groupon. Will definitely go back before the end of summer. Loved it..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ludlow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

if you want a quiant clean inn in a location close to the beach & restaurants and bars but also walking distance to get necessities (drugstore/grocery store); this is the place to stay! The staff is friendly and very accomodating even though our flights didn't coincide with standard check in/out times.Our room was clean and the pool was sparkling. It was wonderful to have a grill at our disposal as well. If you are looking for a wild party scene; this is NOT the place for you- but if you want to stroll across the street to gorgeous beach; wander down for happy hour at a variety of bars and have a laid back relaxing time, then this is the spot!
The only improvement I would suggest is additional larger towels by the pool; but overall I'm looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Key Inn? Share your experiences!