The trip started out when we used a Groupon for our rooms. The rooms were normally $150 a night and we got them for half off. (Around $80 with fees.) ok not bad for a few nights on the water in Fort Lauderdale. We go to check in and the lady at the desk Tugba told us that she would have to charge us $100 for incidentals..which is pretty unheard of at that rate. Anyway, we go into our room and it wasn't bad. It was a small upstairs apartment with kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom also there was a walk in closet and couches. We thought we did very well, but we did not.
1. The light in the bedroom was nonexistent as the lit switch had been replaced with a light switch cover. Weird I thought and tried the cords on the lit. The fan worked but not the light. Ok we'll that's annoying.
2. I went to go make some hot water for tea and I grabbed a kettle from the kitchen. Cool! I go to turn on the stove and...no spark!! Hmmm I tried another burner just in case that one didn't work..nothing. Ok so now the room smells of gas..great and e stove does not work.
3. It was late at night and my girlfriend and I wanted to just court up and watch a movie on the tv. Well surprise, surprise...it's not hooked up. I tried changing the remote code, using my ipad, unplugging the cable, tv, and envy thing...nothing worked. Ok fine we will just have to use my ipad. No big deal...but kind of annoying.
4. There is no garbage except a small bathroom garbage. If you have a kitchen...you should have a garbage pail in there.
5. The a/c is in the kitchen and you have to blast it on cold to make the bedroom cool. Again annoying.
6. The shower had hair in the drain and on the walls...gross!!
All in all the place isn't bad, but just not what I would expect it to be. For the price we payed we cannot complain. The beach is across the street and very quiet..which was awesome!
I do not think we will be back again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Coral Key Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Key Hotel
- Coral Key Inn Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida