“Pleasant stay - would go back again.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Coral Key Inn to your Saves list
Coral Key Inn
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   4601 El Mar Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL 33308   |
Davie, Florida
“Pleasant stay - would go back again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just came back from a weekend stay at this hotel. Property was well kept and pleasant to the eye. The studio/room was clean(a must for us) and had the very basic accommodations. A comfortable bed, spotless white lines, and a clean bathroom. The kitchenette is convenient and has a full size fridge plus, a small stove and utensils. Didn’t quite use it for cooking but prepared breakfast on it every day and it was great to have a place to store milk, and snacks. Living room had a queen size(very comfortable pull out sofa) and flat screen TV. The staff is friendly, specially manager Tubga(very accommodating). Had no issues with our kids and the weekend manager. Our two 9 yr old were thrilled about the pool and had quite a good time splashing water and having fun in the pool deck and no one said anything negative regarding their excitement. Pool area is small but delightful. House keeper was very kind too. We forget to bring shampoo and she found some for us. Location was great. Right across the street from the beach. The beach is wide, long and clean. Walking distance to Publix(grocery store), and all major restaurants and bars in the area. Lauderdale by the Sea is small but charming little beach town. The area felt safe as well. Very quiet and relaxing. My only incontinent was that the studio unit only has 1 wall A/C unit in the kitchenette, so not much of this gets into the bedroom and it was a bit warm at night. If you are looking for a place, low key, relaxing, clean, safe and family friendly, I would say this is a safe choice. We would love to be back soon. Will post some pictures soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CORALKEYINN_LBTS, General Manager at Coral Key Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Hotelier,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Coral Key Inn. We are truly interested in hearing about customer issues and very concerned about improvements to our services and facilities. All feedback is important to us, be it good or bad.

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and myself. Our aim of work is always to give the best service as possible.

Throughout the slow season we start working on A/C complaints and other minor renovations. We are hoping no longer the A/C units will be a concern for Coral Key Inn. If it is we promise we will fix it and make it right.

We are so glad to hear your little one most enjoyed the pool and you all had a nice stay.

Hope to see you back at Coral Key Inn and wish you all our best.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Longwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a very comfortable, safe, clean place to stay in this quaint little beach town. Perfect location within walking distance to stores, bars, and restaurant and of course, the BEACH! Courtyard is the perfect place for relaxing, cocktails, or breakfast.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom suite. The full kitchen was well stocked.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just stayed there in a One Bedroom with three adults and one child. Excellent location, rooms were spotless and weekday manager Tugba was awesome and helpful. You know the room is clean when you can walk barefooted and not have black feet. The one bedroom was completely furnished (kitchen) and had a blow dryer in the bathroom. Parking is tight and only one car per room. But it was available and free. Don't know what would happen if motel was full though. The weekend manager is not nearly as friendly and helpful but she was not rude. When I asked her about the free shuttle she said she didn't know anything about it. How are you a manager of a motel and not know anything about the area? She told me "if I had a computer to look it up online, that's what another guest did." If you are asked that question the first time and don't know the answer, seems like you'd find out so when you are asked again you would know. At least if you cared about being a good motel manager; that's what you would do. That was the extent of her customer service. Like I said she wasn't rude just not friendly for having that type of job. I remarked to her that we loved the place and thought it was nice and she just looked at me. No thank you, no we are happy you like it, nothing. Tugba on the other hand couldn't have been nicer or more helpful in reference to restaurants in the area. Very friendly. Motel is right across the street from the beach. I guess that's what they mean by oceanfront room. The ocean is across the street IN FRONT of your room. But definitely not my perception of oceanfront. The area felt very safe and was very quiet. So so happy we experienced this gem of a motel through groupon. Will definitely go back before the end of summer. Loved it..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ludlow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

if you want a quiant clean inn in a location close to the beach & restaurants and bars but also walking distance to get necessities (drugstore/grocery store); this is the place to stay! The staff is friendly and very accomodating even though our flights didn't coincide with standard check in/out times.Our room was clean and the pool was sparkling. It was wonderful to have a grill at our disposal as well. If you are looking for a wild party scene; this is NOT the place for you- but if you want to stroll across the street to gorgeous beach; wander down for happy hour at a variety of bars and have a laid back relaxing time, then this is the spot!
The only improvement I would suggest is additional larger towels by the pool; but overall I'm looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently traveled to Fort Lauderdale for a week. Got a deal on Groupon for this hotel. Never again!! I wouldn't stay here if I got a rate of $25/night. My room had a murphy bed, carpet was old, no iron or hair dryer, and it was old/needed updates. Also, the office is only open from 9am to 9pm. After that, don't count on needing anything because no one is in. The positives: 1 block from the beach, great location for food and tourist shopping, on-site pool is nice, and parking is free. However, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I am a business man and business owner. I was here on business meeting with another hotel close by that hired me to redo their marketing plan. As always I stay at a competing hotel to get a feel. I booked over the phone a week in advance. I arrived 2 hours earlier due to flight and was told I cant check in until 3pm. Not a problem. Went to eat, send emails etc. Came back, room was ready but told I couldnt park my rental because I never told them I had a car. The woman on phone never asked me nor is it stated on website. I offered to pay extra but still wasnt allowed. The 80+year old manager was adament about not letting me pay for one and said I had to meter park it ($4.00 for 3 hours).. The old manager was so rude she even asked if I smoked or drank or if I was a partier. One, I was wearing a suit. Two, I was there for one night alone.
I can tell the workers are afraid of her and do what she says with dicontent. She needs to learn manners and professionalism or she needs to go back to Boston.

I will not return unless shes gone but instead stay at the hotel next door i am helping to push her out

• Stayed March 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We happened upon the Coral Key Inn because when we arrived in Lauderdale by the Sea and checked into our first rental it was a dump and so after one night there we walked the strip and found this place. We needed something clean, reasonably priced, close to the beach, and that had a room open for 2 weeks.
Well, we are so happy we found this place. The manager Joan is wonderful and did everything she could for us, having a room ready right away and even moving us half way thru our stay to a bigger room due to me having issues with my back and the murphy bed in the room we first had. The housekeeper was wonderful, the place was clean, quiet, friendly folks staying in all the units.. a total pleasant stay. Just a short distance ~ right across the road ~ was the beach. We were within walking distance to everything we needed.

We hope to go back again soon. I would highly recommend this place.

I do know they are under new ownership so I hope the new owners realize that even though this is a nice place it is still dated and if they are thinking of raising rates, they might want to consider updating things before they do that. Or, leave things well enough alone as the price for what we had was fitting.

Room Tip: We did find that the room with the murphy bed was nice, but the bed was hard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Key Inn? Share your experiences!