“not worthy” 2 of 5 stars

Summer Special
Portland, Oregon
“not worthy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently traveled to Fort Lauderdale for a week. Got a deal on Groupon for this hotel. Never again!! I wouldn't stay here if I got a rate of $25/night. My room had a murphy bed, carpet was old, no iron or hair dryer, and it was old/needed updates. Also, the office is only open from 9am to 9pm. After that, don't count on needing anything because no one is in. The positives: 1 block from the beach, great location for food and tourist shopping, on-site pool is nice, and parking is free. However, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I am a business man and business owner. I was here on business meeting with another hotel close by that hired me to redo their marketing plan. As always I stay at a competing hotel to get a feel. I booked over the phone a week in advance. I arrived 2 hours earlier due to flight and was told I cant check in until 3pm. Not a problem. Went to eat, send emails etc. Came back, room was ready but told I couldnt park my rental because I never told them I had a car. The woman on phone never asked me nor is it stated on website. I offered to pay extra but still wasnt allowed. The 80+year old manager was adament about not letting me pay for one and said I had to meter park it ($4.00 for 3 hours).. The old manager was so rude she even asked if I smoked or drank or if I was a partier. One, I was wearing a suit. Two, I was there for one night alone.
I can tell the workers are afraid of her and do what she says with dicontent. She needs to learn manners and professionalism or she needs to go back to Boston.

I will not return unless shes gone but instead stay at the hotel next door i am helping to push her out

• Stayed March 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We happened upon the Coral Key Inn because when we arrived in Lauderdale by the Sea and checked into our first rental it was a dump and so after one night there we walked the strip and found this place. We needed something clean, reasonably priced, close to the beach, and that had a room open for 2 weeks.
Well, we are so happy we found this place. The manager Joan is wonderful and did everything she could for us, having a room ready right away and even moving us half way thru our stay to a bigger room due to me having issues with my back and the murphy bed in the room we first had. The housekeeper was wonderful, the place was clean, quiet, friendly folks staying in all the units.. a total pleasant stay. Just a short distance ~ right across the road ~ was the beach. We were within walking distance to everything we needed.

We hope to go back again soon. I would highly recommend this place.

I do know they are under new ownership so I hope the new owners realize that even though this is a nice place it is still dated and if they are thinking of raising rates, they might want to consider updating things before they do that. Or, leave things well enough alone as the price for what we had was fitting.

Room Tip: We did find that the room with the murphy bed was nice, but the bed was hard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Love location, best service, very clean, next to the beach,walking distance to everything, very save for adults and kids, I felt like I was at home ,best restorants,, all walking distance 5 minutes away

• Stayed January 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been vacationing in South Florida every year for over 20 years and this was the worst place I've stayed. The biggest problem was the resident manager who was a real negative Nellie who cast a cloud over our stay. She is an elderly woman, apparently hard of hearing who keeps her TV and phone volume turned up on high. Unlike places which are professionally managed, she does not understand the gentle art of making people feel welcome.
The property is old and marginally maintained; there is one window air conditioner for the entire apartment, and there were a number of minor maintenance issues. The apartment and especially the kitchen, is very sparsely furnished. The kitchen has the bare minimum, and there are no food storage or serving containers. The rooms have blinds but there are no room darkening curtains, so unless you like to sleep in a brightly lite room, this is not a good choice as there are outside lights shining in all night.
The housekeeper was pleasant, but the manager was not.
This could have been a reasonable location with better management, but as it is, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just recently received a transfer to South Florida for my husbands job. We decided to come down a month ahead of our move and stayed at the Coral Key with our 2 year old and 6 month old. We felt right at home the whole month we stayed. Joan the manager was wonderful with our children and even made arraignments for swim lessons for our 2 year old during our stay.

What a wonderful town with lots to do. An easy walking distance to the grocery store. I definitely would recommend this little inn to anyone that wants to feel at home while being on vacation. We will definitely be recommending the Coral Key to our friends that visit from up North.

Thank you Joan for your hospitality!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor unit that worked best for us since we had children. We felt very safe ev...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stay at Coral Key during our winter vacations (for South America), from July to August since 2001, We will never change this wonderful Hotel, this year we came with our entire family, our grandsons say "we want to live here" they and us feel so good because the kindness and hospitality of our dearest friend and Manager of Coral Key Mrs. Joan Roberts, a warmful lady that is permanently taking care of all of us and making our stance happy and safety. we feel as at home.
We recomend Coral Key to all our family and friends and all of them came and return always.
A better place and a better Manager: imposible!!

Room Tip: if you are two persons, the Studio is the best choice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Coral Key Inn? Share your experiences!