“Good Stay for a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Mer Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
La Mer Motel
You added La Mer Motel to your Saves list
4529 North Ocean Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL   |
Montreal, Canada
“Good Stay for a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

The best part of La Mer has to be its location! A block away from the beach, walking distance from the pier, restaurant and shops. The people managing were very nice and helpful. The room that we stayed in was good. It was clean, and spacious. I liked the fact that there was a small kitchen, And the out door area was relaxing. I would recommend this place to anyone who is on a budget and want to have a great time

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bavaria, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

When I arrived at La Mer, we were welcome with nice flowers and friendly people arround. The rooms were clean and enough space. The kitchen had everything I needed (stove, oven, fridge, freezer, coffee-maker, toaster, microwave, dishes, pots, pans...) and the AC worked great!
The maid cleaned my room very good and I felt comfortable all the time.
The owners came over very often to ask, if everything is good. If I had a problem, they tried to help very fast!
The location is very good, because Lauderdale By The Sea is a small town with a nice beach aera. The hotel is close to the restaurants, shops and next to the beach. It's only accross the street, to be on the waterfront! In walking distance you can find a grocery-shop, where I got everything I needed.
This hotel is a very small hotel, friendly for families and all people, they do not need too much luxery. I liked it very much, because I do not like too big hotels!
The pool was nice and clean!
What should I write more.......I liked it and it was great to stay there! I met very nice other people and we had fun. During the daytime, the Ocean Drive (A1A) is noisy, but in the nights it was pretty good quiet.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Würzburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

I was again in the nice Motel and felt again like home. Nice people there, very clean rooms and friendly people all arround. La Mer is located really close to the beach, we had to cross only the A1A (1 lane for direction) and a parking lot to be at the beach. It was really close to a shops (Publix) and the beach promenade with good restaurants and the Fishing Pier. The Bus stop is a few steps away (1 minute to walk). It's very safe, because the police station is right behind that Motel! During daytime sometimes it is a little bit loud, but during the night, it is no problem at all. If the AC is running, you do not hear the traffic!
The Motel has a nice, very good working maid. I tried to adopt her, but she did not want to come with us! If we had a problem, the owners were really helpful!
When we arrived we had help to carry our suitcases in and a very nice welcome-card. Lovely!
The apartment was clean and all in, what we needed. A stove, a microwave, a sink, a freezer, a fridge, coffee-machine, pans, enough plates and nice bowles. We cooked a lot of times and did not miss anything!
The pool is a big and very clean. Arround the pool is a fence, that makes it safe for familys with kids. At the time, when we were there, they had other guests with kids. We were sitting in the shade at the pool, while the kids had fun in the water! A palm tree and an umbrella brings shade, that we got no sunburn!
The bathroom was good, too. A clean tub incl. a shower, a sink and a clean toilette. Big enough!!! And we got clean, white white towels every day!
We were there for 4 weeks and felt like home. It's not a 5-star Hotel, but that it's not, what we wanted to have. La Mer makes it easy to have great vacations in a very good location!
I was there 4 times before and will be back again next year!
If you want more informations or pictures, contact me! The rates are good and the location great! Family friendly, clean and safe! That's what I want to have.....not more or less!
The Motel has free highspeed Internet via wireless lan and it workes in all rooms.

My english is not the best, but I tried my best! Hope, you can understand everything ;-))

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

This motel was one of the worst I have ever stayed in. I am a frequent 'ma and pa' hotel/motel guest- I enjoy the charm and character these properties exude.
I first encountered problems trying to reach someone to deal with my reservation. I left a message-no one returned my call.I encountered another problem after my reservation was made-no email response and one phone number listed-was a chat room.Another on the Lauderdale by the Sea website was disconnected. Poor communication is an understatement.

Nice owners but again-poor communication concerning my reservation and rooms lacked glassware and clean utensils. I saw food stuck on silverware and pans that were just disgusting!! The coffee pot was gross like everything else in the kitchen. Didn't have bugs-but you certainly didn't want to use the stove or touch anything.This was the case in two different rooms-
My reservation was made several months in advance and I was placed 20ft from a busy 4 lane road that's quite noisy.Other rooms are further from the road-but an issue with my reservation (ugh!)left me near the street.No one wants to play "name that noise ."Needless to say-we were UPSET .
Let me tell you about the pool-it's fenced in and there's really no where to put a chair-you have to sit outside the fence-by the pool.
Lauderdale by the Sea is quite busy from November to around May. Traffic is heavy and very noisy along Ocean Drive. There are alot of places to stay on this road but just be aware that road noise will be an issue no matter what hotel/motel you stay at on Ocean Drive during the in season.
I suggest the Rainbow by the Sea Resort-very quiet-nice clean rooms and your across the street from the beach with beach access steps from your door! Reasonable rates!

• Liked — I could easily walk to the town square for breakfast or shopping.
  • Disliked — The dirty utensils and excessive road noise
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Mer Motel? Share your experiences!