“OK but would check out other Thai Restaurants in the area” 3 of 5 stars

727-397-7759
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai
Guelph, Ontario
“OK but would check out other Thai Restaurants in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

On November 29, 2010 we went for lunch at Tum Nuk Thai. We had the lunch specials which are good value for your money. The lunch special came with cup of soup, nothing to write home about as it had very little flavour. The spring roll was very nice and we enjoyed them. I always order the panang chicken when i first go to a new Thai restaurant. Their version was very good, but not the best I have ever had but very good. My partner enjoyed her dish as well.

The server was not willing to explain the heat levels of the different curries, so this needs some improvment in customer service.

I rate this restaurant as just OK, but probably check out other Thai restaurants in the area before returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Reston, Virginia
“Decent Thai Food at a Decent Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

Tucked away in a non-descript strip mall, Tum Nuk Thai offers surprisingly good Thai food at reasonable prices. Our group of four had lunch there recently, and it was a real bargain. The lunch special of an egg roll, soup, and a main dish is between $6.00 and $9.00. (At dinner time, the main dish by itself will be $2.00-3.00 more than the lunch special, but still a bargain compared to other Thai restaurants we've eaten at). The Panang beef and Prik Khing chicken I sampled were excellent, as were the Thai iced coffee and Thai iced tea. There is in fact quite an extensive menu ranging from soups, salads, and noodles to a variety of meat and seafood entrees, as well as macrobiotic dishes. Service was very fast and efficient. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with wooden panels and Thai fabric designs that evoke the atmosphere of Thailand.

All in all, a very nice restaurant that I wouldn't mind going back to on my next trip to the Tampa-St. Pete's area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite Thai restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

My favorite Thai restaurant.

Tampa, Florida
“Thai carry-out place of choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

We live nearby and usually order carry-out. Each member of the family has a favorite dish. Consistent quick, good-tasting food. I have had better Thai, but the prices here are good. We keep coming back for more. Favorites are the Yum beef, Pad Thai and Chicken cashew nuts.

Ekero, Sweden
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

We got a little bit tired of all the fried seafood of the shores. Nice spicy food, possibly a little bit expensive.