“Breadsticks!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Largo, Florida, United States
“Breadsticks!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Love the breadsticks and the sauce! We always eat a bunch and then have to take most of our food home in a togo box. So we have never been able to have a dessert. Will probably get one to go as well next time.

The pizza is good. But like anywhere you might get a bad one once in a while. Just depends on the people in the kitchen if they are on the top of things or not. We have gone several times and only had one soggy pizza. But the rest of the time their pizza was excellent. And again I can't say enough about the breadsticks. I could make a meal just with them.

The service is spotty at times. I advise not to go past 8pm.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clearwater, Florida
“Great little Italian place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Love their Pizza. Cozy Italian restaurant. Prices are very reasonable Great place to eat during the winter season in Florida, because you can eat on the side/outdoor tables!

Visited September 2012
Orlando
“Still one of my favorites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten at the Pizza Shack since 1984. The one good constant is the food. Even though it is called the Pizza Shack I have rarely ordered a pizza. Usually I will get a steak sandwich, pasta dish or one of the daily specials. I was disappointed when they removed the Stuffed Bun from the menu. I have not been disappointed with what I have ordered. I can somewhat relate to the comments that have not been favorable of the service. For the past few years, I have ordered to go, so I do not experience the servers. Still a great place to grab a bite.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ronkonkoma, New York
“Delicioso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I spend at least a weeks vacation in Florida at my condo near Pizza Shack, every year. I always get to this restaurant at least once, if not several times, as the food is always delicious. The pizza is terrific, but on this trip I had their Chicken Parmesan and Baked Manicotti. They were both wonderful. The breadsticks with the marinara they serve are delicious as well. They were very busy both days when i visited and I'm wondering if they were understaffed, as it took awhile for the food to come out, but having the breadsticks was enough to hold us. The service was good and the server was quick to refill our drinks and water glasses. I think it's the owner who came out of the kitchen to chat with the patrons and assist the waitstaff with cleaning tables. I like to see that. It's like a big family helping each other. I'll be back on my next trip!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, NY
“Fellow customers ruined the visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Unbelievable - we sat down at the bar and ordered a pizza. Next thing we know, we are being accosted by an old lady who expressed a different political view. Seriously...my husband and I invested in the local economy & bought a house in this neighborhood. Our "new" home has actually depreciated in the past 12 months since we bought it but we continue to upgrade the property & frequent the local establishments. Just about an hour ago we came from this pizza place after having a somewhat "ok" pizza and salad. An old disgruntled woman at the bar struck up a conversation with us about the recent election and when we didn't agree with her views, everyone became weird & awkward. The girl that was tending bar walked away & started rolling silverware. We were offered our check and my husband had to ASK if we could have dessert. It was a completely unacceptable atmosphere. I have waited tables and worked bars since high school & I would never have allowed someone to hijack the bar like this. Sad, but I am sure that everyone is afraid of this old lady with the big New York mouth. I'm born & raised in New York and we never treat our own that way. Guess this is the way it is here. Trip Advice: If you are here, the pizza is good & worth the $...............call & order it to go. It's not worth the aggravation from the guests or the staff.

• Visited November 2012