“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 222 Restaurants in Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Local Family Owned Restaurant featuring home cooked style breakfast, lunch & dinner with a Caribbean flair. We have beer and wine - come on in and try our special blend Sangria or the best Cafe con Leche in the Bay area. Home of the 2015 "World's Best Cuban Sandwich", National Cuban Sandwich Festival.
Huntington, West Virginia
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went here for lunch. It is the real deal! Owners are of Puerto Rican heritage. The place is small. Locals eat here. The Cuban sandwiches are wonderful. Great red beans and fried plantains. Staff is really nice and very personable. Good menu and great food. Gotta try it!

Visited July 2013

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“If you have not tried it, you owe it to yourself NOW.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I found Tia's thanks to one of those offer deals where you buy a certificate, and figured that we could give it a try, and we are thankful that we did.
Many of you have probably driven by and never realized it was there, and I hope after reading this you may take time to look in and try it because after you do you will never pass it by again.
Tia's is a comfortable little place, and decorated plainly but warmly. Booth seating, with everything you need to enjoy yourself, very clean.
If you are expecting or need garish wall hangings and crazy paintings and things hanging from the ceiling to try and convince you that you are in a spanish food location, you are in the wrong place, the food is all they need to do that and the food and the wonderful staff will have you dazzled in no time.
The waitress is amazing, she was very attentive and conversational and was great with suggestions but honest and warm and not trying to upsell or pawn things off on you.
You can tell she does not hate what she does and likes it there, and her enthusiasm is infectious.
The gentleman there, treats you like a friend, will answer any questions that you have that may have and you can tell cares about how things are going.
And the wonderful woman behind the counter, she can cook like none other.
Now onto the food.
All food at Tia's is made fresh, no junk and no rubbish.
The Cuban sandwiches were huge, the pork...the pork they use is amazing, there is nothing like it. We have gone to cuban places all over St Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater.. If you do not believe me you owe it to yourself to try it.
The ham, salami and swiss are all cut on site. The bread is fantastic, it is seriously fantastic and it would be worth the drive from downtown St Pete every single time.
But oh no, then we tried their Beef Empanadas, again made fresh on site. Crispy delicious shell, the mix inside seasoned flawlessly and then deep fried. We tried one each....and then ended up wanting to take another eight to go so that we could share them with friends because they were THAT amazing and had to be tasted to be believed. We ran them out, but instead of telling us that they were out, she made up an entire new batch of the filling and shells and before long we were sharing the Tia's love.
Other things deserving of mention, the Cafe con Leche was great says my girlfriend, and we also tried the Stuffed Potato which was so big it could be a meal by itself.
Really, I can not say enough nice things about the place and the experience.
It is so rare to find a place like this who makes everything fresh without short cuts, and the prices are fantastic especially for fresh, real food.
Support your local treasures, this is definitely one of them.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Largo, Florida
“Excellent Latin Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you like real latin food with fantastic pork, black beans and cubans, you'll love Tias. The mom and son team that run it know the cuisine and the culture and everything I've ever had here has been amazing. If you want dessert, the fried plantains are quite good too.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pinellas Park, Florida
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a Groupon that was about to expire, so I went and got take out for my family. We tried several items, to get the full picture. The roast pork was AMAZING! As was the picadillo! And the beans, yellow rice and plantains were all PERFECT!

As others have said, it's easy to miss while on Ulmerton Road... but it's DEFINITELY worth the stop! We WILL be going back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“the one and only”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've been to many Latin restaurants in my life time and none of them are as good as Tias's. I tried one of their Cubans and was blown away. I couldn't believe how juicy the pernil was! The pernil also had an extreme amount of flavor. the beans and rice also are exquisite with the beans having delicious juice. Not only is the food good but, so are the people. The owners were friendly and the other customers gave a nice welcome. Every one was talking as if we were at a barbeque with family. I will defiantly come as much as I can.

• Visited May 2013