“Felt Like Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D & F Pathway's Motel-Cafe

D & F Pathway's Motel-Cafe
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Largo
D & F Pathway's Motel-Cafe
You added D & F Pathway's Motel-Cafe to your Saves list
164 Clearwater Largo Road North, Largo, FL 33770   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Largo
Sandusky, Ohio
“Felt Like Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My brother, me, and our two dogs stayed at D&F Pathways Motel for approximately overall (3 visits) totally a year and a half. The staff and owners (Shelia and Lee) were fantastic and made us feel like it was our home. We lived in a wonderful cottage for 4 months and then Lee ( The Owner) fixed us up a great 2 bedroom apt that help with my brothers illness ,Where he even offered to build a wheelchair ramp for my brothers if needed . We lived there for 8 months and found service to be excellent. Never had a problem and became good friends with owners and staff. Always responded in a positive and quick manner to any questions or concerns. I witnessed them treating all their guests with great respect. The manager back then -she was great and always asking if we needed anything. Our room was cleaned on an every other day basis. My brother's health was deteriorating and they were very accommodating of all needs. It is a great place and I would recommend staying there to anyone. We have had family members go down to Largo and stay and truly enjoyed themselves also. So if you plan to relocate to that area , This is the place to stay while you get settled .

Bobby & Dan in Ohio

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and have everything you will need to cook and enjoy your stay. and enjoy th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed here many times and have always had a great experience. The management was always friendly and on top of things. If I needed clean towels or toilet paper all I had to do was ask and it was there in 5 minutes (in response to someone else's review saying they got none. Did you even bring it to their attention???) they aren't mind readers lol. But seriously, it's not a hilton or anything, but the rooms are clean, the staff is nice and friendly, and they've had some people living there for years. It's close enough to the beach if you have transportation and really close to shopping. I have never had any complaints with this place. It's also right on the bus route if that's helps anyone too. Te only gripe I have is that the showers are really small if you have the full kitchenette. Small price to pay for having basically a full kitchen

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Largo, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We moved here from Ohio with a house in place but it fell through & ended up having to stay here for 2 wks. Debbie the owner is as sweet as she can be & if you ask, you get. We got a room w/ a small full kitchen & it is was very clean & quaint. The 2nd night here, we saw 2 bugs in the room & w/in 15 min., maintenance was here to spray & did ALL the rooms. Day 8 we realized 1 of the outlets had a short in it & again, maintenance was here in 15 min. & changed the whole thing out. It's quiet & we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. You do get free wi-fi but it is a very low signal & not the best but overall we've been able to use it everyday. It's like a small studio apartment so there is no housekeeping which is fine with me. You can get your fresh towels & sheets etc. but I just washed them along w/ my belongings & kept my own room clean. It's pet friendly which I love due to having 2 cats and there is a "motel cat" that lives on the property thats as sweet as ever. Its also VERY conveniently located to all major roadways. Overall, I am very happy with this place & would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
cape cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. Debbie the manager is great just ask her and she will deliver. We asked for fresh towels daily and it was no problem. Grills on site for outdoor cooking. Wonderful location to beaches clearwater is about fifteen minutes away. We drove to naples and it was around two and a half hours. I would return and recommend..its not the Hilton but your certainly not paying crazy rates either!

• Stayed April 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

First of all the sign stated one price and I got charged another. They said there was free wifi but i didn't get it my room. When i told the owner all she said is you should have it. I didn't. There us no housekeeping at all. We stayed here for 2 weeks and nobody came in to change sheets, etc. I asked for a roll a toilet paper and I got attitude. I asked for a second key I got attitude. Every time I pulled into the Parkin lot the owner had something negative to say. It was so uncomfortable. it got to the point where I bought my own trash bags toilet paper etc. I would never stay here again. We wouldn't even go outside to avoid rude comments. Pay an extra couple dollars and stay at a hotel where they are nice and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2012
Sheila L, Owner at D & F Pathway's Motel-Cafe, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I am sorry to hear of this guests experience. I would like to address the complaints as follows:
Regarding the prices on the sign outside of the Motel, this price is for a standard room plus tax. We do have free WI-FI at the Motel, since this posting we have re checked the WI-FI signal and all rooms are receiving WI-FI access.
Housekeeping is offered upon request, if guests decline housekeeping we respect there wishes. Fresh linens, towels, toilet tissue and condiments are available daily to all guests.
I am so sorry you feel my staff was unhelpful and unfriendly. I am concerned to hear these comments as all our other guest ratings have been 5 star and mention how polite and helpful the staff have been to them. However we do take any complaints seriously and will be looking into this further. We thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Sarina,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

stayed here for a week . weekly rate is great. super clean and friendly owner/manager. stayed here as it is near the 45 mile pinellas trail for biking.
i had a front unit near the main road, which had road noise which is understandable. there are excellent units away from the road which i will book next time i visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the main rd, altho they are all good. just personal preference
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Richfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Had to write an updated review after staying again this year. Again, the room was clean and comfortable, and is located perfectly for us. Stores are within walking distance, and the beach is a short bike ride away, or a few minutes in the car. The wi-fi has been upgraded, and works perfectly. The manager, Debbie, is very friendly, but strict when she needs to be- keeping the environment quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to D & F Pathway's Motel-Cafe? Share your experiences!