“Really Good!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Really Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this restaurant. I ordered the portabella sandwich and it was DELICIOUS!! The other people at the table got a burger, cuban, and a wrap, and everyone enjoyed their food as well. My only issue was the bathroom. There was no hook to hang my purse. (There were visible holes in the wall where a hook once was.) I had to put my purse on the floor which I didn't like. But other than that, we really enjoyed the restaurant and will definitely go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lobster was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Never been to Largo, FL before.... A guy at the Holiday Inn suggested this place for dinner.
My sister-in-law and I decided YES. We had the best fresh, hot, perfectly cooked Maine Lobster with a great salad and potatoes and wine. It was excellent. As good as the Lobster I had at the Mad Hatter on Sanibel. Really. The lobster was boiled, which is a perfect way to cook a live lobster. It is how they cook lobster in Bar Harbor, Maine with Hot butter sauce to dip the pieces in.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seminole, Florida
“Unflavored and unappealing food plus unprofessional service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am person who eats out 2-3 times a week and I never write reviews. But this time I just HAD to. Please stay away from Thirsty Marlin in Largo, FL. I would like to share my experience there. I have been there once before and that time I had special “Live Lobster” $19.99 which was completely robbery. I had my friends with me and didn’t want to make a scene that is why I didn’t complain. This time food and service was terrible. Right in the beginning I ordered glass of water, beer and Mahi dinner $18.99. We were very hungry and I told waitress about it. She brought me salad and asked me if I had silverware??? I said “no” (like I was supposed to bring silverware with me). She said that she will bring. I am sitting staring at my salad. She is walking around, bring other guests from other table’s boxes to go, get their credit cards. I am patiently waiting. After 9 minutes of waiting, I asked her to call Manager. Manager came to our table, ask me “what was the problem”. I explained him the situation, he said: “Ahh ok , I will bring you silverware”, which he did. In 20 minutes waitress came to the table and asked me if I wanted my fish now or will I wait for baked potato because potato was not ready. God, I said “bring the fish”. Apparently chief didn’t know the difference between “broiled” and “boiled” fish. Fish was unflavored and looked very unappealing. 7 minutes later I got baked potato. Keep in mind I never got glass of water I originally ordered. I usually tip 25% but this time I left waitress $0 and wrote on receipt explanation why. Manager never offered to compensate us with anything for terrible service. I have $50 in gift certificate for this restaurant which I purchased online. Now I will have to refund them or I am ready just lose the money. I don’t want ruin my Friday night again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Once Was Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided to try the Thirsty Marlin as an evening out. When we arrived the guy at the door analyzed the seating chart for a while and then asked if we would mind sitting at a table. We didn't have a problem with this since we were going to be seated immediately. Well, there were numerous booths and tables open. We were seated in the middle of empty booths and the restaurant was not busy. Our server tried her best. She forgot several ordered items but was she was very genuine and friendly. Our food however was not good. Overpriced for the portion size and just did not taste good. The band was entertaining and had a good set. At then end of the evening, we decided this was a place we would not come back to.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater Beach FL
“Fun dining! Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Thirsty Marlin is a great place to kick back and relax--even though we elected to eat outside (ambulances and fire engines just added to the ambience--) it was a great experience. The service was absolutely excellent--pleasant waiter, didn't feel rushed either ordering or lingering after dinner. The food was plentiful and very tasty. We all agreed that we would go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere