“Best Maryland Crabs in all of Florida” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 59 Restaurants in Lantana
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best Maryland Crabs in all of Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Riggins Crab House is located behind a Publix plaza. The building is old and sort of feels like it should belong near the water. It’s closer to I-95 than the beach. The restaurant is decorated with Baltimore and Washington sports memorabilia. Their televisions are from the 1980s. I have no idea how they work in this digital age. Anyways, we usually come here three times a month to get our fill of Maryland style crabs with old bay seasoning. Please call ahead for availability. Lately they have only smalls and medium sized crabs. The small and mediums in a dozen come with a side (fries & coleslaw) the large dozen does not – go figure. Anyways, there crabs are terrific- as close to Maryland as you can get in Florida. Though, you do get the occasional mushy ones which they will trade out if you dine in. The smalls run about $54 for a dozen with mediums being about $12 more and so forth with the large. I find when we order mediums they always sprinkle in some smalls in. If, I am in a bad mood that day I usually trade them back. LOL. There is no other place that does it quite like Riggins with the Maryland Crabs. Carmine’s Crab Shack in Palm Beach Gardens just open serving Maryland crabs also. The crabs from these 2 places are definitely not the same. The Riggins crab,s even the smalls, are meatier. Carmine’s is different review – but to sum up Carmine’ crabs – it’s to AVOID.
We also ordered the dunginess crab which runs about $28 but its meat equals about 4 of the Maryland Blue Crabs. The buffalo chicken wings here are actually pretty good – though with prices of wings soaring, it appears Riggins has raised its wings prices to compensate. The New England Clam Chowder soup was a no go for me - to top it off I had a piece of paper in there. The crab soup I don’t recommend either.
Service here is hit or miss. Sometimes they are really slow. The place is in need of a cleaning. The booths are old and raggedy. However, my addiction to their Maryland Blue Crabs and the lack of completion brings me back often. Recommended.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent restaurant!! Best crab house in Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Since we found this restaurant, this is our favorite! They serve the best Maryland style blue crabs! We have visited Baltimore and for me, these crabs are better. It's a very friendly and family oriented environment, close to home and it's the perfect price! We love it and I highly recommend it. Our favorite dish is large crabs accompanied with curly fries, cole slaw and hush puppies. Desserts are great too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We visit south Florida almost every year, and we visit Riggins every time. We've been coming here over 20 years, and the steamed crabs are always spot on perfect. We got there early on this visit and were lucky enough to get really large crabs! We've never been to Baltimore, but I can't imagine anywhere does Baltimore Style steamed crabs better than Riggins!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunrise, Florida
“Average to Good South Florida Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had the fried Cod Sandwich, which was very good, but how can a fried fish sandwich be bad? The curly fries was average as was the house salad (kind of tasteless along with the ranch dressing). The bread rolls were bordering on being stale. Service was good and friendly enough, but I probably will not be going back as this was an average experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenacres, Florida
“BEST BLUE CRABS PERIOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I am very picky about my crabs and by far Riggins is the BEST place to go for blue crabs. My favorite place and the staff is friendly. Toni always greets us at the front door and I feel like family when I eat here. You will not be disappointed! Some reviews say they were out of crabs....just call ahead as Danny (the owner) will not buy crabs that are not fresh so if they are out it is because they CARE about the quality of the crabs they serve. WE LOVE RIggins!

• Visited May 2014