“FAVORITE when in town........” 5 of 5 stars

561-582-1889
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Lantana
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
florida
“FAVORITE when in town........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Love their outdoor old Florida and views are stunning. Great entertainment and food. Way to go OLD KEYLIME HOUSE

Visited August 2014

florida
“Drinks and bands are very good to see there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great place to meet up with family or friends. Beautiful outdoor seating and views. A must for Thursday's - Saturday evenings with bands. Also if you see my girlfriend Gina, she is a princess ........... : )

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to relax by the water.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here many time with family, with friends, and for business, and it never disappoints. The main building is an old restored house, but most of the restaurant sits under a huge tiki hut right on the Intracoastal Waterway. All the tables provide a beautiful view of the water, and the setting makes you feel like you're in the Florida Keys. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere, with a large menu and very good food.

Visited August 2014
San Antonio TX
“Poor pub grub but great location and tiki bar.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I am a dedicated Tripadvisor contributor and reader. Only reason we went here was due to so many positive reviews. Not being arrogant but not sure what the raters saw in the food. Food is poor at best and nothing more than a lunch fare. Definitely not a place you should plan on eating dinner. Lunch yes; dinner, no way. Happy hour was generous and piña colada was really good. I recommend go somewhere for dinner and stop by for drinks on the deck. Don't plan on a full dinner here as it won't happen. Just keep in mind: poor pub grub in a great bar location. Ratings highly inflated. But nice live music on Thursday night and outstanding Florida ambience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
KeyLime1889, Owner at Old Key Lime House, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Customer, I'm so sorry for your experience, but I think you might of sat on our Raw Bar side. Our Restaurant is basically 2 different restaurants under one roof. We are a 25,000sq ft restaurant that has 2 kitchens, and 4 bars. That being said one side is our "Raw Bar / Sports Bar / Dive Bar / Rock N Roll Bar" and that side comprises 2 bars our large outdoor Chiki bar, and inside Raw bar where all the bands play nightly. It is definitely pub grub, fried foods and good sports bar fare. Seat yourself, first come first serve, just general hang out spot.

Our other side is our upscale restaurant that has been featured in Bon Apetit magazine, the Wall Street Journal, and has been in Florida Trend magazine top 100 restaurants in florida for 20years now. It features at least 5 nightly specials of the freshest local catches right off the boats of our commercial fishing team, where they unload right on our dock right in front of you where you can watch the fish being weighed, and can even go in our coolers and watch us filet the freshest fish you have ever had. The restaurant side is a totally different experience Night and Day. We offer the freshest, best local caught seafood in all of South Florida.

Next time your in the area I would be more than happy to give a full tour of our facility, and reserve the best table in the house for you. (On the Restaurant side of course).
Delray Beach, Florida
“freezer burned seafood mush”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I visited this establishment due to its high reviews and great location. While the location was in fact fantastic (right on the intracoastal), I cannot give but a 1-star rating to a restaurant that serves up truly disgusting food. Which Old Key Lime House did, to my shock and horror.

I ordered their "best seller" Fish and Chips, and their Fried Shrimp Basket. The fried shrimp suspiciously arrived without their tails, which often is code for "frozen store bought". Upon eating these shrimp, I realized that they were in fact thawed-out cheap frozen garbage, and worse... were on the turn to spoiling. Utterly gross and I could not eat them.

Fish and Chips was even worse experience. Who can mess this up? Old Key Lime House served me up one enormous fried slab of what I can only describe as freezer burned gelatinous mush that may have once been fish. I did not know that anyone could serve Fried Fish to be so unpalatable as this was... it was barely edible and I have a strong stomach for most seafood.

I don't know if we'll ever go back to place, despite their location. The seafood they served up was worse than the spoiled stuff I once ate in the middle of Mexico. After reading more recent TripAdvisor reviews of Old Key Lime House it looks like terrible food is a recurring theme now.

• Visited July 2014