“Quick Overnight Stop” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wellinton Retreat

and 1 more site!
You added Wellinton Retreat to your Saves list
Wellinton Retreat
7051 Seacrest Blvd, Lantana/Palm Beach, Lantana, FL 33462 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Lantana
St. Thomas
“Quick Overnight Stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was a quick little stop for us. The first room we were placed in had a/c troubles. We were immediately moved to another room and we were happy with it. I was also happy that the front desk was able to get our problems resolved quickly and painlessly. It was a basic stay and all our needs were met. The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, and we got a quick breakfast in the morning. I would recommend only for a quick overnight, not much of an extended stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager L, Manager at Wellinton Retreat, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Shauna

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review from your most recent visit to the property! I apologize for the inconvenience in the beginning of your stay. We always value hearing back from our guests as this helps us improve as a team. We hope to see you soon!

Mary Sierra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This area has higher end hotels on Gateway, but if you need to stay for a week or more (as I did), and are looking for something clean, in a safe location, convenient to I-95, and the not too far from the beach, this is the BEST choice. The hotel staff was courteous, the king bed was comfortable, the room had great Internet signal, an in-room coffee pot, ironing board, hair dryer, flat screen TV, and a nice office desk. I was here for two weeks, on business. The non-smoking room was a genuine non-smoking room (I hate when they claim that and then the room smells funky! This one did not). There is a Taco Bell and one other fast food restaurant within walking distance, as well as a convenience store and Sam's Wholesale Club next door. Although I didn't use the pool, I did sit out there to relax after working, and found it to be clean and maintained.

Room Tip: Book online, if you need non-smoking. I believe the top floor is smoking only.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Band J Travels

I thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Americas Best value Inn Lantana. It is always appreciated when we have a chance to hear back from our visitors. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you soon!

M. Sierra
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked a stay for my children (over 18) at this hotel using the America's Best Value website.They arrived with a print out of their reservation (non-smoking, 2 queen beds) but found their reservation at Lantana had been changed to a smoking room. Lights did not work in this room.
When they inquired they were told the hotel was full but one non-smoking room was made available for them - with an uncomfortable roll away for a second bed. They had cold showers despite an empty parking lot indicated there were not many guests.
They were not compensated for the inconvenience of the room change nor the lack of water. Breakfast was not worth mentioning. I think the management choose to ignore their reservation despite their frequent traveler membership.
The on-site manager, when I called, admitted there was a problem between the website booking and her availability. She promised to get back to me but that was more than a week ago. I am not holding my breath.
Suggest you book directly with the Lantana site if you care about your experience. Customer service is not satisfactory and the website is inaccurate.
It is not worth the price.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santurce, PR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on January 2012 and was a nice experience. But in January 2013 was a BIG difference. A garbage breakfast, very BAD SMELL, mildew, we hear the "Party" of the couple on the next room. Free Internet; yes, just in the Lobby area and veeeeery slow (no signal in our room). What a difference from one year to another, I think it's was a nightmare, the same exterior property but inside a Hunted Mansion. Now, I don't recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lantana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Staff was friendly, room was clean, water was nice. elevator worked well. My only complaint is breakfast, which was pretty much non existent. Consisted of few days old fruits, cereal, and wrapped bagels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager L, General Manager at Wellinton Retreat, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Armando

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property, Americas Best Value Inn Lantana FL. We will review our breakfast options we offer to our guest.

Mary Sierra
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Exterior of this property has great appeal, some fast food places in walking distance. Lobby well appointed and attractive and reception efficent. Breakfast area was small and cramped with little selection. The room was very nice and very clean and the furnishings looked well maintained and relatively new. Big issue was internet. I was on business, had been driving all day and needed to take care of business. The internet took for ever to get on, was wireless, but slower than dialup and could only get a "very low" signal and thus lousy connection. My room was actually moved when I could not get access in the 1st room. I'd have to reconsider in the future staying here for business due to internet despite the value. Lav area the faucet leaked water all over the counter and I advised them as I checked out,. Area just off I95, but very quiet.

Room Tip: If internet important, inquire 1st and take names for future reference
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

So much dust, so much web cobs from the ceiling, walls so thin that we hear everyone in other rooms, almost disgusting place... We were there for 3 nights unfortunately and tried to stay as short as possible, not turn too many lights to avoid seeing how unclean it was... Ugly location, convenient because near highway, but in a bad environment... Nothing to please us. Way too expensive for what you get. Breakfast could have been OK but we could even try it, in case the back room would be as poorly clean as our room...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Wellinton Retreat? Share your experiences!