“Avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Lantana
Wimauma
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you plan on sleeping,go somewhere else.the floors are not concrete so they shake anytime some moves in a room near yours,the door didn't seal so the noise was like having the door open.the carpet was dirty ,it turned my socks black.i threw the comforter and blanket on the floor to walk on barefoot,.the bedding had cigarette burns in it.the bathroom was clean but the shower curtain had huge rips in it.Pay the extra and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Frank M, Manager at Super 8 West Palm Beach/Lantana, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Timothy

I have to apologize for your experience during your stay. Please understand the hotel professionally cleans the carpet several times a year, in addition we try to keep the carpet clean by using a portable steam machine that we have in house. The room that you received will be looked at closely and your comments will be related to the cleaning staff.

The noise conditions you commented has not really been an issue with other guest. I will take a close look at this issue in an effort to better the experience of future guest. Be assured your comments are well received and will put to good use.

Sincerely

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phillisburg, Nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this Super 8 for a very short night on Feb 13, 2013. Our flight arrived at midnight; we checked in about 1:15am and were planning to check-out around 8-9 am. Therefore, I didn't spend too much time searching for a reputable hotel. My criteria are reasonably priced and clean. Unfortunately, this hotel scored below acceptable level on both counts.
The hotel room is really smelly and dirty. The all room smells like cigarette; carpet is sticky; space between tiles are stained; there are brownish stuff splattered on walls; smoke detector is detached; there are cigarette burns on bedding; sink didn't drain, etc. I had to clean the bathroom with hot water before I felt comfortable using it.
For above experience with a $90 charge per night, I can conclude that this hotel definitely failed my minimal expectation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Unfortunately, I read the more encouraging reviews of this fleabag dump and booked it through Travelocity. Our room smelled strongly of mold/mildew and there were suspicious looking stains and chunks of some solid (Feces? Snot? Vomit?) on the bathroom wall. The sink drain plug was not hooked up, so did not work. The carpets looked filthy. Many of the light fixtures and/or outlets were defective.

After the first night, I requested a change of rooms, citing the smell and the filthy walls. Somehow this dump was fully booked with no other available rooms. A maintenance man stopped by with some sort of spray bottle, squirted some of the contents here and there and called it good. Um, no. Covering up the smell without addressing the source or the dirty walls is NOT enough.

The maids were surly, when asked for extra/clean towels, the fresh ones were simply tossed onto the bed closest to the door. Same for a refill of the facial tissues. I had to install it behind the bathroom vanity myself. The bathroom floor was sticky. The microwave was dirty. My roommate for the trip had to soak the dried food off the microwave dish. Nasty! Yes, we opted for the "eco friendly" level of maid service -- simply requesting fresh towels as needed -- but I thought it would at least include a mopping of the bathroom floor, vacuuming and putting the fresh towels in their place, not just tossed on the bed.

I usually like Super 8 Motels. They are nothing fancy, but when you're spending most of your time out on business or sight-seeing, it doesn't matter if you have a mint on the pillow at night or room service. Super 8's are usually clean and are comfortable enough for a busy traveler.

This facility needs to lose its affiliation with Super 8. Spend a little more money somewhere else and guarantee yourself a comfortable stay.

This place was terrible. Not comfortable, clean, or adequately appointed. Front office folks were about as helpful as they could be, working in a dump like this.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't book at this Super 8.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Frank M, Manager at Super 8 West Palm Beach/Lantana, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mrs. Claffy. Pleases let me apologize for your stay at the Super 8. after reading your reviews I examine the room that you stayed in during the later part of January. I found the room to be clean and well appointed. I found no evidence of any things on the walls resembling what you described in your review. You where correct about the drain and that has been fixed. The carpets where professionally cleaned in November of 2012.

January through March is high season in south Florida, The hotel is full of activity and things get a little hectic. I apologize if the service was slow and not to your likening. Like every other hotel we serve many people every day and once in a while we drop the ball, If we did, I do apologize sincerely.

Your review will be shared with the staff in order to improve the guest experience going forward. I believe their is something to be learned in each and every review no matter the content.

Sincerely

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

When i checked in the front desk manager rodericka was very rude and had a nasty attitude when i ask can i change rooms because i had requested in my reservations that i needed a microwave and refrigerator she told me no very rudely and that i should get charged if i want one but overall my stay was very good and veronica help me out alot

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your kind worlds. I apologize for my assistant and assure you it won't happen again.

I hope that in the future you will choose to stay with us again. Please contact me directly so that I my assist you in with your travel needs.

Kutztown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the sixth time we have stayed at this motel. We have family in the Lake Worth area, and we make the Super 8 our home while we are here. Our room is very clean. We can say the same thing for the bed and the bathroom. We come back each day and find fresh, clean towels in the bathroom. We have a coffee pot and hair dryer, and there are plenty of outlets in the room to charge our laptop and our cell phones. There is a laundromat near the office and a pool near the entrance. We have free wifi, and the connection is excellent. The customer service here is outstanding, and the staff members are friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffer has cereal, waffles, bagels, toast, and cinnamon rolls. We will be back again in the area in the summer and will stay again. Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel over the weekend. The staff was very welcoming and always ready to help. Our room was clean. Beds were pretty comfortable. Overall cannot complain. We had a pleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 West Palm Beach/Lantana? Share your experiences!