“Very good deal for your money.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Add a bicycle for FREE!
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Lantana
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very good deal for your money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

In an area where you can easily pay over 100 dollars per night, this small quaint motel has personalized service. Its much like a hostel, except you get your own room. I paid less than half of the other places, and I had a desk, my own bathroom, cable tv, wifi. There is a shared outdoor covered patio with coffee and filtered water, microwave & fridge. My room was freshly painted and cleaned very well each day. If you want more than they offer here, you will have to pay more than twice as much per night anywhere else. They have good "quality of life" rules too, such as no drinking outside your room, no smoking in the rooms, and visitors are not allowed to loiter or knock on doors after 10pm.

Room Tip: What you see on the internet is what you actually get. Preregister on their website and you will see...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here due to the good reviews. Frankly, I don't understand the hype around this place. Its only great feature is the location, everything else is average or sub-par. We are not that picky about the motel, and did not ecpect much for the low price either.
We had room #1, it was located conveniently at the back end of the building with a little space for the car. The door knob was wabbly, the key would not come out of the lock, the mattress was uneven and tired, the shower was awful (dirt, cold water, clogged nozzle), the toilet seat was cramped in an ackward space and not so clean either. Finally, noise from the trains passing by woke me up a couple of times during the night.
On the plus side, great restaurants are just around the corner. Still, I think next time I'll pay a little more and find a better place. It was not a complete disapointment, and maybe if we had chosen another room, things would have been a lot better.

Room Tip: Room should be checked carefully before choosing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Assistant Manager at Barefoot Mailman Motel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Fastpaws. I am truly sorry you did not think the accommodations here at the Barefoot Mailman Motel lived up to your expectations. We realize that this motel is not everyone’s “cup of tea” and try to work with our guests to make their stay as pleasant and economical as possible. You didn’t express your displeasure while you were here so we had no idea until we read your review.

The doorknob problem was something we were in the process of remedying and hadn’t gotten to that side of the building before your check in. As there has been several weeks since your stay, I can not intelligently respond to your criticism of the condition of the bathroom but do agree that the toilet is set in a small area and we will be replacing all the mattresses and box springs in the very near future.

The train noise is not something that we can do anything about and when Mr. Flagler built the no infamous railroad, little consideration was made to future businesses and residents who would later inhabit the coast of Florida. We feel our price of $50.00 per night (which includes all taxes) makes most guests agree that; for the price, this is a real bargain. We don’t “hype” the property. What you and others have written as a review is what all honestly think about the motel and that is what we expect; honesty. We will try to do better the next time and hope you will give the barefoot Mailman Motel another chance on your next visit.

The Management
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My stay here started very good. But went downhill due to the mangers lack of respect for people. The owner Paul is fantastic. But the management is very rude and disrespectful. For just sitting outside having a cigarette after 11pm, which all rooms are none smoking, I got told to go into my room like a little child. Also got threatened to have the police called, and called stupid. So stay here at your risk, you ust may have the same disrespect shown to you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Our reasonable rates sometimes entice people to stay for long periods of time but, after all is said, this is a motel and we expect guests to be checking in and out and not making the property their home. Rules are rules for a reason and some people don’t like to follow them. For our guests comfort and peace of mind, we do not allow “social congregations” outside the rooms after 11:00pm. This rule has been in effect for a number of years and is posted as such multiple places around the property. If people want to quietly sit outside their rooms and have a cigarette after 11:00pm, we don’t have a problem with that but gathering in social circles and disrupting the sleep of others will not be tolerated.

The Management
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

this is mid century Florida at its best. i chose because of the other reviews and they were right! we needed to stay overnite while a grandson was in a play nearby and we didn't want to go back and forth. the rooms are clean and nice like any (chain) motel but the design of the outdoor space and the kindness and generosity of the staff makes it like staying with friends. and across the street is a wonderful authentic Cuban takeout restaurant! real cafe con leche right there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently traveled to Lantana, FL to visit friends and relatives and was fortunate to stay at this really great hotel. So if you are looking for an really nice affordable hotel that will give you that "home away from home" feeling, this is the place. The room I stayed in was decorated nicely, very clean and had a comfortable bed. The hotel is beautifully landscaped and includes two patio areas where you can sit and relax or enjoy a cup of the coffee that is provided in the morning. The staff are extremely attentive to their guests. It's obvious that they take pride in the hotel and go out of their way to ensure guests have everything they need. I enjoyed walking around the hotels gardens while enjoying the tranqulity the hotel offers. The hotel is convenient to shopping and the beach and bikes are available for exploring the area. When I return to Lantana I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Roscommon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Loved the clean, cozy, inexpensive room and convenience to all necessities. Walked to everything; not needing to rent a car and fight the unfamiliar traffic.

The hospitality of the owner and staff was unbelievable. Paul went out of his way to make our stay as pleasurable as possible.

We would come back again!

PS Just have to get used to the trains.

Room Tip: We stayed in the double queen room. Very large with nice kitchen.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

I am coming to the area every year from NYC and stayed in all kinds of "better" and far more expensive hotels over the years, some of them I found mildly depressing. I wanted to change it up a bit this year. The clean, simple experience here gave me a fresh look at the area which I could appreciate a lot more this time. The manager even helped me set up the patio BBQ for my steaks. big plus: bicycles are available for rent, also free & fast WiFi.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Barefoot Mailman Motel? Share your experiences!