“nothing special” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 44 restaurants in Land O Lakes
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Description: Mahogony Walls, White linens, Piano Music, 85% of Menu 19.99 and less,Ranked Top 400 in State 10 Years Running, Chef Owned and one family operated Imgaine being back at your favorite Italian Restaurant or at Nanas' house in N.Y, Chicago, etc. Real Authentic Made to order Italian cuisine. Tired of Chain Food? We make it fresh! Also the freshest domestic and, New England Seafood prepared right in the tri-county area. Certifed Angus Steaks and wonderful pasta and pan sauces made to order. We dont have pre-made sauces sitting in warmer, we make it fresh!
Land O Lakes, Florida
“nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Cheesy atmosphere with faux magician that stinks of cigarette smoke doing card tricks while people are trying to enjoy their dinner. Worst meatballs I've ever had. They were so hard almost needed knife to cut.Red gravy watery. Specials not bad but very pricey. Veal parm tough and over breaded. Yes, probably is 2nd best restaurant in Land O Lakes...tough competition with Village Inn, Chilis, and ABC Pizza. Owner is outspoken Obama hater who allows his views to alienate half of his patrons. Better off eating at a professionally run establishment like Carrabbas where the food quality is consistently good and prices are much more reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hi Gary,

I'm surprised to see this. We keep our magician primarily based on feedback from our guests. Almost everyone loves the added entertainment he brings to their meal. I understand you weren't a fan and that's fine. If you ask him for privacy, he'll give it to you.

We make our meatballs from scratch and sell about 60 orders a night. I would assume there would have been multiple complaints if they were that hard.

Our food is authentic Italian that's made from scratch. If you're holding up Carrabbas as an example of quality Italian, then I question your taste.

All of these points aside, I think your review is politically motivated. I haven't spoken about or mentioned the president in my restaurant since the election; over 3 months ago! Either this review is over 3 months late, or you aren't being very honest.

Regards,

74% Recommend
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Love the unique dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Benedettos has dropped their prices so I tend to go for lunch with my friends more than before. The food is exceptional.

Visited October 2012
LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Veronica,

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you enjoy coming here with your friends for lunch! Great tasting food is what we're all about. We can't wait to welcome you back again.

Cheers,
Dade City, Florida, United States
“Awesome ristorante”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

While visiting Land O lakes on 2/1/13 we were looking for a place to eat. My husband said let's stop at Benedetto's, since it was on the main drag. I have to say that this is a "MUST VISIT" restaurant. Food and service were awesome. I had the chicken marsala and my husband had the veal parm. with fettuicinni alfredo on the side. It was the best chicken that I've ever had and the veal was as good as I make at home. My husband and I also shared the chowder (due to watching our calories) and it was so good you almost felt like licking the cup. We will be going back soon. :)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi gwentessman,

Thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you and your husband decided to stop in! The Chicken Marsala and Veal Parmesan were both fantastic choices. You can't go wrong with a little fettuccine alfredo on the side. I'm happy to see you also loved the chowder! I appreciate all your compliments and your recommendation. We're looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wonderful experience. Very friendly and professional staff. Food was excellent. Atmosphere was intimate. Clean restrooms.

Plenty of parking. Easy to get in and out.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Debbie,

Thanks for a wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Excellent food and friendly, professional service is exactly what we want to provide. I appreciate your compliments to our atmosphere. We can't wait to welcome you back again.

Best,
Tampa, Florida
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We decided to give this restaurant a 2nd chance. We were there about 2 yrs ago & was not impressed with the calamari nor the service. This time we really enjoyed the food. We sat at the bar since there were 2 seats available & there was a 30 min wait for a table. The garlic bread was really tasty. The house salad with their dressing was really good. We ordered the Crab & Scallop fettuccine pasta & it was Delicious! Crab chunks & huge, soft juicy scallops. Creamy fettuccine sauce that wasn't too salty or overpowering. The dish was perfect. We will definitely be back.

JandRlovetotrvl,

Thanks for giving us a second chance and for sharing your experience! I'm happy to see this visit was a significant improvement. That Lump Crabmeat & Scallop Bianco was an excellent choice. Great tasting food is what we aim for. I appreciate your compliments. We're looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cheers,