“SAVE YOUR MONEY!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Land O Lakes
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mahogony Walls, White linens, Piano Music, 85% of Menu 19.99 and less,Ranked Top 400 in State 10 Years Running, Chef Owned and one family operated Imgaine being back at your favorite Italian Restaurant or at Nanas' house in N.Y, Chicago, etc. Real Authentic Made to order Italian cuisine. Tired of Chain Food? We make it fresh! Also the freshest domestic and, New England Seafood prepared right in the tri-county area. Certifed Angus Steaks and wonderful pasta and pan sauces made to order. We dont have pre-made sauces sitting in warmer, we make it fresh!
Tampa, Florida
“SAVE YOUR MONEY!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It took 40 min past our reservation time to be seated. the decor is very outdated and lacks any sophistication at all.The food is fair at best, and the portions are tiny for an Italian eatery and the prices were not in keeping with the quality. The owner/cook(chef??) wanders the place in his pajama pants and chef jacket on. Stop across the lot at pizza villa and save yourself both time and money.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello Doc,

I'm sorry you feel this way. The vast majority of our guests compliment us on our decor. Obviously we aren't going for a modern look. We want to hearken back to an era that placed an emphasis on individual and personalized service (The Rat Pack). On that note, I do walk the floor of my restaurant to see how my guests are enjoying their meals, however I'm not in pajama pants, those are chef pants. It's important to me to talk with the people who dine with us.

It's clear you weren't very impressed with your food, and I'm sorry. If you had said something to me on the floor, or mentioned something to your server, we would have gladly brought you out something to your liking. We feel our prices are fair for the food we provide. Other than our steak and seafood, almost everything is under $20. I'm confident the quality of our food is significantly higher than anything else you can get for a similar price and our portions are large becuase most guests leave with a to-go bag. And to compare us to pizza villa, shows you may not be sophistacted when it comes to food.Touche!

Thanks,

Tampa, Florida
“Piano Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Oh so fine. The food is ok, the service is great. Incredible clams casino. A very fine Italian restaurant that I would recommend.

psuken,

Thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! The clams were a fantastic choice. I appreciate your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Take care,
Rochester, NY
“Poor Service, Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The food really is good here & puano player & ambiance really nice. With that said the service leaves much to be desired. The waiter was in a hurry and seemed impatient that we wanted to have a relaxing evening and were indecisive about what we wanted to order. He asked if we were done with our salads before we even ate them because as he told us our entrees were done. Were we on some time schedule? After we finished eating our entrees we were left sitting for at least 25 minutes. while an "emergency staff meeting" was held DURING OUR DINNER. We were told the owner was leaving to go out of town and tgen told tgere was some problem with a customer,
No dessert or coffee was offered until the hostess came to check on us. At that point we weren't interested in spending any more money in this establishment. We were given comp espresso & cappuccino which was nice & then presented with someone else's bill. Once we received the correct bill there was NO apology from our waiter who clearly could have cared less and just wanted us out of there.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hi Leesa,

I appreciate your feedback. I took a look at our video tapes so I could get a better understanding of your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed our food and ambiance. We've been in business for 11 years and you're right, your server should not have asked you if you were done with your salads. However, you did have your salads for over 20 minutes and your entrees were ready. I hope you can understand that he was concerned your entrees would get cold. Regardless, he should have waited until you were done.

We did have a staff meeting that night. It was at 9:45pm, 15 minutes before closing, with only 3 tables left. I am sorry that another team member covered your table during your server's absence. My wife, who is also an owner, was manning the hostess stand that evening. She was covering the floor while the rest of the staff was in a meeting and is more than capable of serving three tables. We work as a team here and can adapt to any role that's needed. When you expressed your concern that your server wasn't paying proper attention to you, my wife responded by offering you free cappuccino, espresso, and two free desserts. In that light, I disagree that you weren't properly taken care of.

Happy Holidays

Traverse City, Michigan
“The Discriminating Palate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Benedetto's by far has been the best culinary experience of a lifetime. No shortcuts and menu items never frozen, just fresh or it's not served. Authentic Italian cuisine with a most comfortable atmosphere conducive to intimacy and conversation.
From the "Famous Ben Dip" which is beyond suculent and full of crab and lobster meat with Alfredo sauce to the Blue Point Oysters served on the half shell they best of the west coast of Florida.
Seafood, Angus steaks, Gluten FREE Entrees and beyond are where the standards of Italian dinning are set.
The Brick Oven Hand Tossed Pizza and Italian Traditionals are served to perfection. The bartender Chris is friendly and serves a drink with personality. No doubt your beverage of choice tastes better than if you had made it.
I have been a world traveler for 38 years and eaten in the darkest parts of Africa and enjoyed gourmet servings in Paris, France, Tuscany, Italy, London, England and Sydney, Australia and Key West. Bendetto's Ristorante is my first and only choice when I'm in Florida.

Capt. Peter C. Gropp III - United Air Lines - retired

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Peter,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! Fresh, authentic, and delicious food is exactly what we aim to provide for our guests. I'm glad you can taste that in our cooking. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Chris. He works hard and will be thrilled to hear them. I appreciate all your kind words and your recommendation. We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Take care,
“The BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

If fresh seafood and ingredients are what you're looking for this is the restaurant you are searching for. Great service and top notch staff create a great experience there is NO substitute for fresh. I will return often

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for reviewing us. Fresh food and ingredients are what we're all about! I'm happy you can taste that in your meals. You're right, there is no substitute for fresh! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our team. I appreciate your kind words. We're looking forward to welcoming you back.

Cheers,