“We don't have any spoons sir! Families stay away!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Land O Lakes, Florida
“We don't have any spoons sir! Families stay away!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This used to be a great restaurant named Rapscallions. However, it has changed in several ways and it is NOT a place I would again take my family. Here's why.
They have added davenports for relaxed atmosphere and brought in LOUD live entertainment. They have staff who actually told me, "We don't have any spoons" when I asked for one. REALLY?
Now, the head staff guy brought me a spoon, on a plate no less about 10 minutes later. But how on earth do you allow the waitress to even tell a customer that kind of thing?

We went as a family. Obviously they are catering to couples and they are doing everything from that mindset. I hope it works, because we won't be back. I could not hear the waitress who for some reason placed herself opposite my wife and I and close to the kids. So when she reviewed the specials or whatever she did, I could not hear her. I waved her towards me and she just stood there. The next time she returned to take my order, I INSISTED she come over to stand between my wife and I so I could hear her. She did not repeat the mistake, but come on. Why would you alienate the folks who pay the bill?
NEXT, the gasparilla salad was still available on the new and reduced item selection. So we both ordered it. Somehow, even with the items listed on the menu they brought out the salad for us missing the green olives? How do you do that when it is ON THE MENU??? I was finally frustrated and tracked down our waitress and complained, AGAIN. She very nicely brought out green olives for us. The head waiter came over and said for all of our trouble we were due some deserts for free. Ok, we just rolled with it and then we all four ordered the deserts. I have to say, the deserts were a home run taste wise.
However, the bill came and you guessed it, we paid for all four. I was so tired of all of the issues that I did not even try and remind them that we were to be credited. We will vote with our feet and never return.

The place was not cheep, it was not fun, and it was not worthy. That sums it up.

This place may be good for quick bar food for a couple but for families stay very far away.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tampa, Florida
“Love the new place, Mosquito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The atmosphere is getting better by the minute! The decor is update, chic, and very hip. The artwork is very eye catching and the food and service were great. We had the fish tacos, def recommend.....the sweet potato fries with the powedered sugar and raspberry sauce was awesome. One person had the crab cake sandwich and loved it!!! Jazz band was phenomenal. Apparently they have live music 7 days a week. Arcade area for kids was great and the bar, of course is packed. Will go back every week.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Needs to be squashed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The place had a foul order to it! There was construction going on. The sauce for my mussels was watery. For $9.99 I got five shrimps. The one good thing was my glass of house merlot! I would not reckoned this place to anyone. Prices for meals were very high.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This used to be a great restaurant named Rapscallions. This new place is only so-so. The food was nothing special. I had the sashimi salad and the tuna was fatty and sliced to thick.
It was also way too noisy as there was no carpet or drapereries to absorb the sound.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ruskin, Florida
“Romantic outside seating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I ate here last week and everything was great. My husband had mussles and a chicken pasta and I had the brick oven pizza. Everything was good and the service was excellent. We sat outside and the view of the lake as the sunsets is very nice. We are going back tonight!

• Visited July 2012