We stayed two nights at the hotel at Paradise Lakes. We were in room 4106. The room was no more than a Days Inn or Super 8 level of quality. It had not been cleaned very well - long black hairs on the bath floor and one stuck in a towel. The air conditioner was the kind you buy to put in a window except it was mounted on the wall. It was very noisy and no amount of playing with the settings could quiet it. The people staying in the room to the right of us also said theirs was noisy. The TV only had 20 channels and most were very fuzzy. No coffee maker either.
The food at the restaurant was mostly good but the service was terrible. There were few people dining but the wait for the meals was still nearly an hour. Then we tried the Key West bar for breakfast. The bar tenders didn't seem to be expecting people to order breakfast. On both mornings we ate there they got the orders wrong and it took way too long to be served and they rarely checked back to see if everything was OK. We also saw people walk up to the bar from the pool and basically be ignored. The two waitresses at the pool worked their butts off. From what we saw they were working 12 hours straight but always kept a good attitude. Don't know how they did it. Of course, people go to Paradise Lakes for the clothing optional environment and since they and Caliente are the resorts of their types in town I guess they figure the people will put up with poor service and rooms.
The pool and hot tub areas were very nice. The boutique selling ladies club wear was also nice and the service was great there. Club Reveal was nice but way too small for the Saturday night we were there.
In summary, people seem to suspend all critical thinking if given an opportunity to go nude. If you are willing to pay about twice what it is worth go ahead and stay there. We recommend you book a room at the Best Western or Hampton Inn down the road and just get a day pass to Paradise Lakes. You'll save money and have a much nicer room.
PS: the wifi was terrible too. Weak signal and sometimes worked, sometimes didn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, Resort & Spa...We have over 100 hotel rooms; many of them are situated poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, our Key West Bar at poolside, a fitness center with a gym. a day spa & a boutique featuring the hottest in clubwear, an RV park, tennis, sand volleyball, water volleyball, hot tubs, a heated conversation pool and huge all-season pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Paradise Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lakes Hotel Land o Lakes
- Paradise Lakes Resort Florida/Land O Lakes