First of all, I was torn between rating Paradise Lakes "Average" or "Very Good". We really liked the resort but there are areas of it that definitely could use some attention. When we first pulled into the resort we weren't too sure what to expect because the first impression we had was that this place was maybe not exactly what we were looking for and we wouldn't have a good time. But... we were wrong! We stayed in a studio room in the Fountains area and we loved our accommodations. The room was very nice. The owners lived next door and they were the nicest people. They even let us use their golf cart to get around. Everyone we met at Paradise Lakes was very nice.
We arrived on a Tuesday and departed on Thursday. The resort was not busy at all and there were plenty of lounge chairs available at the main pool. We were surprised to find that the main pool area was super nice and a lot of fun. We had a few beers and ordered a burger one evening at the Key West bar. The Key West bar is centered in the main pool area which consists of the main pool, conversation pool, hot tub, volleyball pools and the gym. The beers and food seemed to be priced about the same as what you find outside the resort. We did not try anything at the main restaurant.
I believe their club was called Club Reveal and we happened to go on karaoke night. The club was actually not bad but we don't really do clubs so we did not stay too long.
Anyway... I decided to give it a "Very Good" rating since we had such a good time and we found the main pool area and accommodations to be very good. We were glad we visited Paradise Lakes and would definitely return.
Tips: If you have never been, schedule a tour (took about fifteen minutes) and they will waive the day fee. Don't go to the pool area that is in the back of the resort. It needs some updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, Resort & Spa...We have over 100 hotel rooms; many of them are situated poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, our Key West Bar at poolside, a fitness center with a gym. a day spa & a boutique featuring the hottest in clubwear, an RV park, tennis, sand volleyball, water volleyball, hot tubs, a heated conversation pool and huge all-season pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Paradise Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lakes Hotel Land o Lakes
- Paradise Lakes Resort Florida/Land O Lakes