“First time there!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Lakes Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Land O Lakes
Paradise Lakes Resort
2001 Paradise Lakes Blvd, Land O Lakes, FL 33558   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Land O Lakes
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“First time there!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

First thing I noticed, which was a turn off. The wall they have surrounding their property has a huge sign painted on there. Paradise Lakes, where you can swim nude. (something to that effect) Then it was hard to find the entrance, because there are so many little streets. When we pulled up there was no one in the security booth. There was a sign saying "having gate issues". So we went through the gate that was left open (lacking security) and had no idea where to go. They need a sign pointing to the check-in building, because the first building you see is their real estate office. We checked in with no issues, the lady was polite. One thing I did not like is having to carry your luggage through the pool deck if you are staying pool side. It can be a bit tricky if there are a lot of people laying out. They should have a side gate to use. Have a key system or something. We got there early Friday Afternoon. We were able to enjoy the pool and have some drinks from The Key West Bar. Drinks were good, but they use very small plastic cups. I think they should be a bit larger for what they charge. They also never tell you your total when you order. Even if it is a running tab, every time someone puts an order in the customer should be told what that order total comes too.

If you are staying pool side you CANNOT have liquor, not even in your room. My husband is a Scotch Drinker and they did not have very good Scotch. Later Friday it started to rain so we went to our room. The TV did not work so we called the front desk and they sent a man out just to tell us the TV did not work. No wi-fi in the rooms either ;(. The rain stopped and we went outside again. We asked if we should make dinner reservations and we were told yes, we should because at 7pm 75 couple's were coming in (Tampa Bay Lifestylers). I was a little nervous about that. However, they made the place happening. Reveal (dance/bar) was very very packed and hard to get served. I believe there were 2 men behind the bar and I believe Heather was the waitress taking orders and serving. They were all pleasant even though they were stressed and under staffed. My husband and I are not into the life style but, they were fun and enjoyable. They did not bother us at all. The food at the restaurant was OK. Not bad, but nothing great. However, it served it's purpose. I ordered a drink at dinner and the waitress had to run over to Key West to get the drink, because there was no one in the bar where the restaurant was. That was a little awkward watching her walking in the rain with a drink in hand. The conversational pool was nice and warm and very busy. We had a good time.

We turned in for the night. A few things.... The doors to the room are glass so they have wide blinds covering the window. Some of the slats were missing and broke. I know it is a nudist resort, but we like some privacy. The blinds do not keep the lights out. If you are a light sleeper like I am you will have issues with this. They need to put a curtain rod up with curtains on rings to open and close the curtains for privacy and block out the lighting. The bed was a king and very comfortable, the room was clean. No small coffee maker or blow dryer :(. Rooms were small but we did not spend a lot of time in the room so they are perfect. I love the fact there are umbrellas already at the pool area. They need to pressure wash their deck in some places and their lounge chairs, but it is Florida and mold grows fast. It really was not an issue for us. Pools were very clean and probably the only pools I have been in and are not freezing! VERY COMFORTABLE!!!

We never been there before and I heard there are new owners. There are a few things they need to work on but it can not happen all at once. The average age I'd 60 and up. We are 45/51 yrs old. However, the age thing does not bother us at all. I do not get the fact when you are spending the night you still get hit with Day Fees. They are not high like Caliente, however we go to the Cove a lot and never get not with day fees if we are staying there.

All in all we would return to Paradise Lakes again! We had a great time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I paid a visit to Paradise Lakes for the first time over the weekend. Here is a look at what we found at the facility.

Check-in was a little sketchy. Coming in there was a gate but no gate guard. Security was lacking thanks to the fact that the gate was broke. Stupid me stopped at the gatehouse to find it empty. We backed up and entered through the open gate. I had to do a little looking to figure out where to go for check-in. They probably could use a little signage or some direction in that area.

We got checked in and were staying in a Poolside Cabana. These are a catch-22. If you stay in the Poolside Cabanas you can't bring alcohol, food or coolers in. So it can be a bit inconvenient. But you are a short walk out to the pool so there is some value to that. But as can be seen, that value comes at a price.

The Poolside Cabanas are nicely appointed and offer all the room we needed since we spend little time in them. Some issues presented themselves in our unit and I will offer these as future suggestions for the new owners. First, our TV didn't work at all on arrival. My wife likes to watch TV before bed as it helps her to sleep. They couldn't figure out what was wrong so all weekend we had nothing. The maintenance man basically came in and said "Yep, it doesn't work". I could have told him that... There is no WIFI in the Cabanas. With the TV out, WIFI would have been nice. As an IT tech, I know it wouldn't be too difficult to set up. I would suggest it in the future. No coffee maker in the room. My wife HAS to have her morning coffee. A small thing that pays dividends. No blow dryer available. Once again, it's the small things that pay dividends. Finally, closeable curtains over the doors to block out the bright pool lights coming through the slats of the shades at night.

If you are looking for a GREAT time and a party, I HIGHLY recommend visiting during a life style event even if you are not a life styler as we are not. Whether you participate in that or not, if you want to have fun they do like to have fun and make a great party atmosphere. If that isn't going on, you may just find yourself VERY bored unless you like blessed silence and nothing happening.

With the exception of the lifestylers, the average age is going to be high. 50 and unders will be a minority.

The employees for the most part were great. The one's who stand out in my mind would be Joe and Elizabeth in the poolside bar. They were under-staffed on the arrival of the lifestylers while we were there and it did cause some stress. In fact, I walked into the poolside bar to get drinks for my wife and I when I was accosted by an individual about the fact that he felt there was some kind of line. I never tried to cut in front of anyone and was a little impatient with the individual. He called me a choice name and left. Elizabeth was a little stressed but relaxed quickly when my antagonist walked out the door.

As for the restaurant, I would say the food was ok. My wife's steak was a little overcooked but still tender and tasteful. I had meatloaf and it was actually good. The choices on the menu were miniscule and could probably could use a little TLC.

Club Reveal was EXTREMELY crowded Friday night with the arrival of the lifestylers. The big issue here once again was under-staffing. It made it difficult to get a drink and probably cost the owners some money from people who may have spent more money if the staffing levels were on par with the crowd.

On the subject of the bars on the premises, I wanted to be able to sip some decent Scotch. Much to my surprise the bars didn't have good Scotch on the shelves. I didn't like that too much due to the fact that I couldn't bring in my own Scotch and couldn't get decent Scotch from the bar. To the new owners, get some out there. And maybe review the beer taps and add a little extra variety. The pool bar had 5 taps, 3 of which were the usual American beer. I drank the Sam Adams Summer Ale but to be honest, I would have preferred Blue Moon.

I liked the fact that my wife and I could be affectionate within reason without having someone tap on our shoulder and say "that is too much". That and the reasonable cost pretty much guarantees our return to Paradise Lakes in the future. With that area growing at a rapid rate, bringing Paradise Lakes on par with the competition a short drive away would be a great thing for this facility. It has a LOT of potential. I look forward to seeing what the future brings.

Room Tip: Poolside Cabanas don't allow you to bring alcohol, coolers or food. Keep that in mind when you b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ParadiseLakesResort, General Manager at Paradise Lakes Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Paradise Lakes Resort. Our guests and members insights and opinions are valuable to us. We are sorry you had an issue with the TV in your room, it is my understanding that maintenance replaced your TV as soon as they were notified that you had an issue. We are also glad you enjoyed the party hosted by TBL, whose demographic age range is between 35 & 60, it is possible you may be talking about a different hosting that has a older demographic range. Also, with regard to Scotch, we have a variety of Scotch available to our our guests. We are quickly approaching the one year anniversary of the new owners, and are very pleased with the strides they have made thus far. We do have WiFi in all of our Cabana rooms, might we recommend if you have trouble with WiFi on you next visit that you contact the front desk for technical assistance, they will be happy to assist you with the connection. We are pleased that you plan to return, guest satisfaction is our number one goal. Again, if you have any issues or are unable to connect the next time you visit, please do not hesitate to contact someone for assistance. Also, with regard to our no food or beverage policy in the Cabana rooms, might we suggest that you reserve one of our many studio, or one/two bedroom condo's. Although they are not poolside, they are very close to the club and you can bring any food and beverage you would like. When making your reservation, please request a non-cabana room. Again, we thank you for your review.
gulfport, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My hubby and I love to camp and kayak but sometimes we just want to chill - we go to Paradise. The rooms have always been lovely and clean (new owners are doing a great job), they have 4 pools, a restaurant, (ok, can't give the restaurant a very good review, hence 4 not 5 stars), two bars, and you always end up chatting with really friendly people. It is a naturalist resort, and amazingly comfortable. No one is inappropriate ( you will get kicked out if you are, it's a nudist resort not a sex club) and it's just a great place to lay out, read a book, play some water volleyball, or sing some kareoke. And most importantly for me, slow down.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My first visit was in December 2012 and I have been back several times since that first visit! I heard negative stories about the previous owner and the downward spiral, but I sensed and experienced quite the opposite with the direction the new owners are taking this classic resort. I saw extreme improvements with each visit.

The prices are reasonable. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food has vastly improved. The variety of pools are a nice option - volleyball, conversation, hot tub and 2 other larger pools. There is something for everyone. The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed.

The themes and entertainment options are fun and fabulous! Several dj's are used, so each style is refreshing in Club Reveal. Karaoke is popular! LOVE, LOVE having live music outdoors during the afternoon on the weekends. How relaxing is that -- lounging in the sun by the pool, hanging out with friends, yummy and refreshing beverages, good food and entertainment!!

The new "Boutique" is filled with many options for women of all sizes and tastes. No need to go shopping for a new outfit for the nightclub. Options to fit the themes are usually available also.

The resort didn't go downhill in a day and can't be "re-built" in a day, but it is amazing what has been accomplished by the new owners in less than one year!! The owners and general manager are approachable, and appreciate ideas and comments. Don't hesitate to give it a try!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lake Mary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first trip to a resort like this and only ended up here after we couldn't book at caliente. The entire staff was very friendly. Upon check in another guest was complaining about a woman giving a man a blow job by the pool. However, we didn't see any kind of that activity while we were there. We had a poolside cabana standard room, it was a little small for our taste but upon booking it was recommended to book there due to the convenience of the pool and bars. Our bags were not checked upon check in but we respected the policy of no outside food or drink. I would probably book a cabana room again b/c it is rather convenient but I would stick w/ the standard room b/c they are all the same size just different decor. We learned more about the other accomodations upon check. The prices seemed reasonable for larger units and hope to try some of the other units when we return. They offer golf cart rentals by a company on site which is convenient. The food and drinks are reasonably priced. The entire resort is a little dated but it isn't shabby, I would say comfortable. The night club played great music and was a lot of fun. It wasn't crowded and I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing b/c we've never been to this type of resort. We were told it was a slow weekend b/c of the other lifestyle conventions in the area, 2 to be exact. We met quite a few locals that were very nice and clearly in the lifestyle. They told us about Caliente and this place as they frequent both. They were very nice and explained to us the lifestyle since we are not in it. I think by the end of the night we all agreed Paradise is better. I was so curious to see what Caliente was all about (since they were sold out due to the lifestyle activity) and everyone was talking about the lifestyle group there. So we decided to venture over there along with other guests of Paradise on Saturday night. The grounds are more up to date and nicely kept, the crowd was definately a younger crowd but the night club was more of a true nightclub. Ladies dressed up in all sorts of sexy things, not many nude people in the nightclub. The music was up to date music but not as big of a variety as Paradise. The spa area at Caliente is apparently the place to be as there is a lot of action (i.e oral sex, sex, etc.) I still want to try Caliente but I think I prefer the more laid back atmosphere of Paradise. The crowd at Paradise was older than Caliente on the nights we were there but that really didn't bother me. I am 37 and my husband is 45. We seemed to be the youngest guests at Paradise but then again we weren't bothered b/c we are not in the lifestyle and were not looking to hook up with anyone we just wanted a place to be comfortable. We will definately go back to Paradise for themed parties as we heard those were great. You have to hit caliente on a special to make it worth your while. Our bar tab was more expensive at caliente for less drinks. We come home and there are 2 other mysterious charges from Caliente on our credit card that are pending. We are hoping to resolve that as we were only there for 2 hours with 1 bar tab that I have a receipt for! I will give caliente another chance on a special weekend.

Room Tip: there is no elevator, first floor is probably better if you want a cabana room and all cabana rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

first stay was b4 new ownership. nice, but one could tell it needed updating and could use improvement. since new ownership, have seen lots of new things. huge improvement on restaurant. love the casual key west themed tiki bar. heard they are in process of updating all rooms. Can't wait to see what is coming next. will be booking for Halloween and new years... the themed parties are so fun.

• Stayed January 2013
Blaine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Paradise Lakes. We stayed in one of the condos and it was perfect for us. There are good restaurants in the area if you want to use them (we did a couple times) but the food at the resort was good quality and reasonably priced.
The entertainment was non-stop but not overbearing. Bands were good but not so loud you could not carry on a conversation. Karaoke has been so successful it had to be moved into the dance club because of the large crowd. The club was always a rockin' time and the DJ was quick to recognize music that wasn't working and change to something the crowd wanted.
The staff were all great - from the bartenders who remembered you favorite drinks after only one visit to the front desk to the boutique and even the housekeeping staff. I can't say enough about positive, upbeat attitude of all the people working there.
I know Patti and Jerry only took over in September 2012 but all the regulars I talked to have nothing but praise for all the changes and improvements that have been happening to this property. There were construction projects going on while we were there but they kept them out of the way and tried to minimize the disruption to the guests. While we were there the large hot tub was rebuilt and the patio around it was replaced. We are already planning to go back in the fall of 2013!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!