“Impressive!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Lakes Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Land O Lakes
Paradise Lakes Resort
Save Saved
You added Paradise Lakes Resort to your Saves list
2001 Paradise Lakes Blvd, Land O Lakes, FL 33558   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Land O Lakes
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Impressive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My first visit was in December 2012 and I have been back several times since that first visit! I heard negative stories about the previous owner and the downward spiral, but I sensed and experienced quite the opposite with the direction the new owners are taking this classic resort. I saw extreme improvements with each visit.

The prices are reasonable. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food has vastly improved. The variety of pools are a nice option - volleyball, conversation, hot tub and 2 other larger pools. There is something for everyone. The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed.

The themes and entertainment options are fun and fabulous! Several dj's are used, so each style is refreshing in Club Reveal. Karaoke is popular! LOVE, LOVE having live music outdoors during the afternoon on the weekends. How relaxing is that -- lounging in the sun by the pool, hanging out with friends, yummy and refreshing beverages, good food and entertainment!!

The new "Boutique" is filled with many options for women of all sizes and tastes. No need to go shopping for a new outfit for the nightclub. Options to fit the themes are usually available also.

The resort didn't go downhill in a day and can't be "re-built" in a day, but it is amazing what has been accomplished by the new owners in less than one year!! The owners and general manager are approachable, and appreciate ideas and comments. Don't hesitate to give it a try!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lake Mary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first trip to a resort like this and only ended up here after we couldn't book at caliente. The entire staff was very friendly. Upon check in another guest was complaining about a woman giving a man a blow job by the pool. However, we didn't see any kind of that activity while we were there. We had a poolside cabana standard room, it was a little small for our taste but upon booking it was recommended to book there due to the convenience of the pool and bars. Our bags were not checked upon check in but we respected the policy of no outside food or drink. I would probably book a cabana room again b/c it is rather convenient but I would stick w/ the standard room b/c they are all the same size just different decor. We learned more about the other accomodations upon check. The prices seemed reasonable for larger units and hope to try some of the other units when we return. They offer golf cart rentals by a company on site which is convenient. The food and drinks are reasonably priced. The entire resort is a little dated but it isn't shabby, I would say comfortable. The night club played great music and was a lot of fun. It wasn't crowded and I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing b/c we've never been to this type of resort. We were told it was a slow weekend b/c of the other lifestyle conventions in the area, 2 to be exact. We met quite a few locals that were very nice and clearly in the lifestyle. They told us about Caliente and this place as they frequent both. They were very nice and explained to us the lifestyle since we are not in it. I think by the end of the night we all agreed Paradise is better. I was so curious to see what Caliente was all about (since they were sold out due to the lifestyle activity) and everyone was talking about the lifestyle group there. So we decided to venture over there along with other guests of Paradise on Saturday night. The grounds are more up to date and nicely kept, the crowd was definately a younger crowd but the night club was more of a true nightclub. Ladies dressed up in all sorts of sexy things, not many nude people in the nightclub. The music was up to date music but not as big of a variety as Paradise. The spa area at Caliente is apparently the place to be as there is a lot of action (i.e oral sex, sex, etc.) I still want to try Caliente but I think I prefer the more laid back atmosphere of Paradise. The crowd at Paradise was older than Caliente on the nights we were there but that really didn't bother me. I am 37 and my husband is 45. We seemed to be the youngest guests at Paradise but then again we weren't bothered b/c we are not in the lifestyle and were not looking to hook up with anyone we just wanted a place to be comfortable. We will definately go back to Paradise for themed parties as we heard those were great. You have to hit caliente on a special to make it worth your while. Our bar tab was more expensive at caliente for less drinks. We come home and there are 2 other mysterious charges from Caliente on our credit card that are pending. We are hoping to resolve that as we were only there for 2 hours with 1 bar tab that I have a receipt for! I will give caliente another chance on a special weekend.

Room Tip: there is no elevator, first floor is probably better if you want a cabana room and all cabana rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

first stay was b4 new ownership. nice, but one could tell it needed updating and could use improvement. since new ownership, have seen lots of new things. huge improvement on restaurant. love the casual key west themed tiki bar. heard they are in process of updating all rooms. Can't wait to see what is coming next. will be booking for Halloween and new years... the themed parties are so fun.

• Stayed January 2013
Blaine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Paradise Lakes. We stayed in one of the condos and it was perfect for us. There are good restaurants in the area if you want to use them (we did a couple times) but the food at the resort was good quality and reasonably priced.
The entertainment was non-stop but not overbearing. Bands were good but not so loud you could not carry on a conversation. Karaoke has been so successful it had to be moved into the dance club because of the large crowd. The club was always a rockin' time and the DJ was quick to recognize music that wasn't working and change to something the crowd wanted.
The staff were all great - from the bartenders who remembered you favorite drinks after only one visit to the front desk to the boutique and even the housekeeping staff. I can't say enough about positive, upbeat attitude of all the people working there.
I know Patti and Jerry only took over in September 2012 but all the regulars I talked to have nothing but praise for all the changes and improvements that have been happening to this property. There were construction projects going on while we were there but they kept them out of the way and tried to minimize the disruption to the guests. While we were there the large hot tub was rebuilt and the patio around it was replaced. We are already planning to go back in the fall of 2013!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one week. We heard lots of horror stories about the previous owner and how he had allowed the property to fall into disrepair. People who regularly stay there are so grateful to the new owners for improving everything. They are working extremely hard to improve all aspects of the resort. While we were there the sound system was fixed allowing for music to be heard throughout the pool area and improvements were made to the night club. Everyone was very nice and friendly. It was a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. Lots of fun too, there were entertainers there who had the audience participating in games in the Key West bar. There were a lot of different activities to participate in throughout the week - bingo, volleyball tournaments, etc. If you love pool volleyball, this is a great place to be...a lot of people participate! I thought the food was very good! All members of the staff were great! The boutique was really fun ... a place to shop for beautiful things right on site! We met some really wonderful people there. The fitness coordinator was a powerhouse of energy and fun. There were different classes you could take each day. I got a massage that was just wonderful!! Karaoke night was a blast - lots of good singers! Get there early if you want a good seat! Overall, it was a wonderfully relaxing and fun week!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This summer my husband and i traveled to Florida for our Anniversary vacation, site seeing and for the beaches! before our time was up to travel back home we did a little research on some local places. not sure how we stumbled upon the location of Paradise Lakes Resort but our interests were intrigued. Never have we experienced a place like this " clothing optional " nudism in pubic? It was kind of un-nerving noticing nude people walking around, I really had a case of the shy's at first. after awhile I basically felt more out of place with the towel around, so basically I just "lost the towel" It was really a "freeing" moment for my husband and I. the locals seems to make you feel at home, The staff was absolutely wonderful and treated you like family! and seem to learn our names quite fast. It was by the luck of the draw that we landed a stay there that week end as just a walk in because they seemed to be holding a big event for Memorial week end with a live band. The place was Amazing and the hotel room was very ROMANTIC As my husband would say it was the icing on the cake ! wink wink .. very memorable week end! very out going place. And it didn't take us long to decide that its now going to be our go to place for the summer!

Room Tip: the 4200 hotel building was our spot for the week end !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I traveled to Florida in April of 2013 and I stayed at Paradise Lakes Resort. I had the BEST time of my LIFE there! The STAFF was absolutely wonderful, they are all very knowledgeable and friendly and ALWAYS smiling! Prompt and courteous at the front desk, you get your questions answered right away.
The resort I heard had been purchased and I was privilaged to have gotten to meet the new owners, they are very warm and welcoming people, very "hands on" with FANTASTIC ideas for the future of PL.
I was given an extensive tour of the facility and grounds and commentary of the history of PL. I found it all to be quite fascinating myself!

Next on the list was dinner at PL Hemingways restaurant. I had the most delicious salmon dinner! Dessert looked great but the salmon was so good I didn't leave room for dessert...no problem..the staff promptly put my treat in a take out box so I could savor it later on!

After dinner....on to....Club Reveal.....music and dancing! MY FAVE and boy did I boogie! They have a really big dance floor in this club (which is great because I like to utilize every inch of space that I can) Themed party nights so you can dress up accordingly to the theme......or not...your choice! That's what I thought was so great.....whatever you'd like to do...it's up to you and your comfort level!

They even have Kaoroke nights!

An excellent nights sleep was well received after such a wonderful beginning to my stay there at PL.

Hanging out in the pool was the best...I met so many lovely people from all over...some from new York, New Jersey, Atlanta....I'm from Minnesota....all converging in this huge heated pool.....I can't wait to go back!

Golf carts get you around the grounds because the place is pretty big! I was very impressed with all the wonderful things these other people were telling me about PL. They are quite pleased with the changes that have taken place under the new management.

I will definately be heading back to Paradise Lakes resort for another stay. I found it to be quite affordable, clean, and friendly, non-judgemental and FUN!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Paradise Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!