“A week in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Lakes Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Paradise Lakes Resort to your Saves list
Paradise Lakes Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   2001 Paradise Lakes Blvd, Land O Lakes, FL 33558   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Land O Lakes
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A week in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one week. We heard lots of horror stories about the previous owner and how he had allowed the property to fall into disrepair. People who regularly stay there are so grateful to the new owners for improving everything. They are working extremely hard to improve all aspects of the resort. While we were there the sound system was fixed allowing for music to be heard throughout the pool area and improvements were made to the night club. Everyone was very nice and friendly. It was a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. Lots of fun too, there were entertainers there who had the audience participating in games in the Key West bar. There were a lot of different activities to participate in throughout the week - bingo, volleyball tournaments, etc. If you love pool volleyball, this is a great place to be...a lot of people participate! I thought the food was very good! All members of the staff were great! The boutique was really fun ... a place to shop for beautiful things right on site! We met some really wonderful people there. The fitness coordinator was a powerhouse of energy and fun. There were different classes you could take each day. I got a massage that was just wonderful!! Karaoke night was a blast - lots of good singers! Get there early if you want a good seat! Overall, it was a wonderfully relaxing and fun week!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This summer my husband and i traveled to Florida for our Anniversary vacation, site seeing and for the beaches! before our time was up to travel back home we did a little research on some local places. not sure how we stumbled upon the location of Paradise Lakes Resort but our interests were intrigued. Never have we experienced a place like this " clothing optional " nudism in pubic? It was kind of un-nerving noticing nude people walking around, I really had a case of the shy's at first. after awhile I basically felt more out of place with the towel around, so basically I just "lost the towel" It was really a "freeing" moment for my husband and I. the locals seems to make you feel at home, The staff was absolutely wonderful and treated you like family! and seem to learn our names quite fast. It was by the luck of the draw that we landed a stay there that week end as just a walk in because they seemed to be holding a big event for Memorial week end with a live band. The place was Amazing and the hotel room was very ROMANTIC As my husband would say it was the icing on the cake ! wink wink .. very memorable week end! very out going place. And it didn't take us long to decide that its now going to be our go to place for the summer!

Room Tip: the 4200 hotel building was our spot for the week end !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I traveled to Florida in April of 2013 and I stayed at Paradise Lakes Resort. I had the BEST time of my LIFE there! The STAFF was absolutely wonderful, they are all very knowledgeable and friendly and ALWAYS smiling! Prompt and courteous at the front desk, you get your questions answered right away.
The resort I heard had been purchased and I was privilaged to have gotten to meet the new owners, they are very warm and welcoming people, very "hands on" with FANTASTIC ideas for the future of PL.
I was given an extensive tour of the facility and grounds and commentary of the history of PL. I found it all to be quite fascinating myself!

Next on the list was dinner at PL Hemingways restaurant. I had the most delicious salmon dinner! Dessert looked great but the salmon was so good I didn't leave room for dessert...no problem..the staff promptly put my treat in a take out box so I could savor it later on!

After dinner....on to....Club Reveal.....music and dancing! MY FAVE and boy did I boogie! They have a really big dance floor in this club (which is great because I like to utilize every inch of space that I can) Themed party nights so you can dress up accordingly to the theme......or not...your choice! That's what I thought was so great.....whatever you'd like to do...it's up to you and your comfort level!

They even have Kaoroke nights!

An excellent nights sleep was well received after such a wonderful beginning to my stay there at PL.

Hanging out in the pool was the best...I met so many lovely people from all over...some from new York, New Jersey, Atlanta....I'm from Minnesota....all converging in this huge heated pool.....I can't wait to go back!

Golf carts get you around the grounds because the place is pretty big! I was very impressed with all the wonderful things these other people were telling me about PL. They are quite pleased with the changes that have taken place under the new management.

I will definately be heading back to Paradise Lakes resort for another stay. I found it to be quite affordable, clean, and friendly, non-judgemental and FUN!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This summer marks 20 years since I first started coming to Paradise Lakes.
In 1993 this was a great place! To be honest in recent years it seemed to me
this place was going downhill. I spent a fair amount of time here last year,
and morale needed some help. Then Jerry and Patti Buchanan became the new
owners, and in the interest of full disclosure, they have become friends of
mine. That probably would not happen if they were doing a lousy job. They,
and their team, are working very hard every day to make this place great
again and they are succeeding! I am so pleased that I am retiring in this
community.

• Stayed July 2013
Daytona beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Paradise Lakes is an amazing, fun place to visit. We can't say enough positive things! Our room was exquisite, newly decorated and very comfortable. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. We ate in the sports bar and and the dining room. Drinks were within the same range as any other bar and less than some hotels we've visited. The outside entertainment was awesome, with guests enjoying themselves. We also stayed up late in the nightclub and then went back to the pool bar which was surprisingly open late night. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We got a chance to briefly meet the new owners. They are wonderful people who made us feel welcome and asked to be informed of any problems or needs during our stay. By the tie we left we felt like we had known the patrons and staff a lifetime. We have stayed up the road and are aware of the reports. All we can say is Wow. We will definitely be back.!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am a first time visitor after the new owners took over, and I was extremely impressed and can't wait to go back. I have been to other clothing optional resorts, and my experience at Paradise was by far the best. The rooms are lovely and recently upgraded. The food in both restaurants was excellent, with daily specials. There are also daily drink specials and happy hour. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and I met some really fun and interesting people. I loved it that there was a wide variety of ages of both staff and visitors. There are many planned activities such as bingo, karoke, poker night, yoga, etc. They also frequently have live bands and dancing poolside, and themed nights and dancing in the Key West lounge. The pools are a comfortable water temperature which is so important! I have been to resorts where the water was freezing, and I love it that I could actually go in the water and enjoy it! Did I mention that everything was immaculately clean? I would like to thank Patti and Jerry, Stephanie, Tony, and Malcolm for making me feel so welcome and being so helpful, and to others who I can't remember their names. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dunedin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

First timers at PL, we will be back. We rented a condo on the outskirts of PL resort from Ed and Diane who are just lovely people. They made us feel welcomed the min we got there and offered us a beer! That's how I like to check in.... Our Condo was small, but clean, screened in patio, overlooking the tennis courts and the original pool, which I heard the new owners plan to remodel and the AC worked just fine. Condo came with a golfcart to get around in.. Once we were settled in Ed arranged a tour with Stephanie who was also really nice and made us feel comfortable the entire time were there. Actually we can’t say enough good things about staff every single person we met was friendly and helpful.So a big thank you to Alex, Marco, Mike and Stephen who all took care of us! Take the tour if it’s your first time the DAILY FEE’S ARE WAVIED ($48). We got lucky b/c the next day there was a food drive so again our daily fees were waived. A few things to know PROS: This place was very clean, relaxing, the PL Hemingway’s was EXCELLENT, drink prices ranged from $5-$8, a pticher of beer was $8.95 and on Sat they had $1 hotdogs and other drink specials poolside. The locals made us feel welcomed. The night club had theme nights and does a good job w/ getting people to dance and it starts to get packed the min the doors opens. CONS: If you rent a cabana room by the pool you CAN NOT bring any food/drink with you to the room or the pool everything needs to be purchased from the resort.Unless you have a room "outside" the resort. Cash is not accepted unless for tipping, you can buy a cash card but keep in mind spend what you put on the cash card otherwise it’s non refundable. We are in our mid 30’s and were not sure what kind of crowd it would be it was bit older late 40’s and on, but all very friendly people. The resort is under new ownership and I can see they are trying to bring the resort back to what it use to be, that's why I gave it a 3 star...overall we were very happy with PL we will be back again very soon.. So try this place out relax and swim nude!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!