My husband and I recently visited Paradise Lakes and was so wonderfully surprised at the great vibe and ambience of the resort. We felt immediately comfortable and enjoyed our stay and wished we had booked longer. The front desk staff was accommodating and friendly. We were given a tour of the facilities and decided to sit poolside for the rest of the day. We had previously visited Caliente the day before and felt quite uncomfortable there and decided to leave almost immediately. It was refreshing to be at Paradise Lakes among naturists and not lifestylers only.
The pool area is large and there are plenty of lounge chairs and tables as well. The large pool is not heated but it was refreshing once you got in. The resort is clothing optional except for the pool area which is nude only. There is also a conversation pool which is heated and a heated spa pool. People of all shapes and sizes were enjoying the sun. My only suggestion concerning the pool area is that the pools need to be swept and cleaned more often as there were some dead insects and debris from the trees floating.
The Key West pool bar/restaurant was not crowded, but it did take a very long time to get the lunch order prepared. Hemingways' Restaurant is a very nice sit down indoor restaurant open for dinner on the weekends. The food was adequate, but needs to be expanded and/or an additional chef hired to offer more than the basic fare. Our waitress Jess was excellent, answering our questions about the resort and the area honestly. She was attentive and friendly.
We did look at a number of properties for sale and/or rent while there and our advice to anyone renting or staying for a night or two is, know the type of accommodation you are getting, as a number of the units offered are privately owned and run the gammut of being in great condition or in need of repair. The hotel rooms around the pool area are nice standard rooms and a few are more than standard and are quite resonably priced for a night or two. They are convenient to all the resort facilities.
As a naturist couple, we have visited naturist B&B's and beach areas in the US as well as in Australia and were very pleased with our stay and the time spent at Paradise Lakes. We plan to return very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, Resort & Spa...We have over 100 hotel rooms; many of them are situated poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, our Key West Bar at poolside, a fitness center with a gym. a day spa & a boutique featuring the hottest in clubwear, an RV park, tennis, sand volleyball, water volleyball, hot tubs, a heated conversation pool and huge all-season pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Paradise Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lakes Hotel Land o Lakes
- Paradise Lakes Resort Florida/Land O Lakes