“Anniversary NIGHTMARE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Lakes Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Land O Lakes
Paradise Lakes Resort
You added Paradise Lakes Resort to your Saves list
2001 Paradise Lakes Blvd, Land O Lakes, FL 33558   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Land O Lakes
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Anniversary NIGHTMARE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. I found PL website that looked great and told my wife let try something exciting. But the resort looks nothing like the website, and I can tell why there are no pictures of the Studio Condo Lakeside rooms for a reason. Our room we had to find with a map because "we didn't get a tour" of the resort, the room wasn't nice, a very old TV, VHS was the first thing I notice. We checked the rest of the room as we walked around the our feet where black from dirt from the tile floors. The grounds where not well kept and needed some upkeep. A very bad start to what I wanted to be great trip. The staff was very excited to talk to us before we gave them our credit card, but when went immediately went to talk to them about shorting our stay they said they could not do anything. They said we needed to talk to the General Manager Stephanie Gibson. After many try’s even by email "NO responses". We spent our anniversary in an expensive filthy outdated room and didn’t use the grounds but for one hour. We went home early dissatisfied.
DON'T sign anything till you get a tour of room and grounds.
We will never go back!! "Nightmare"

Room Tip: DON'T sign anything till you get a tour of room and grounds. See what you are buying into before...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Was there over Christmas. An all inclusive resort, and NOTHING was open. Had to leave to get lunch and Supper. Bar was closed so the lady I was with bought a bottle of rum, so she could have a few drinks around the pool. They charged my card $300 for the bottle of rum (Not allowed to bring in own drinks) But nothing was open. and an additional $25 each for 2 bottles of mixers. Cost me an extra $350, which was more than the stay. I will never go there again, and neither will anyone I know. Its not what it used to be. And its turning into a run down dump...

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Southern Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had always wanted to stay at this c/o resort, but had never found the time. Finally, after a week's stay at another Florida c/o resort, we thought we'd stay here one night before heading back north. We were glad it was only one night. We got a poolside room for one night at $110 plus grounds fees of $48. When you throw in no food or drink being allowed to be brought in to your room, it's actually more than we expected. The rationale for no outside food or drink is understandable, but please don't try to suck every penny from us that you can.
The room was decent, with a nice king size bed, however there were shortcomings. It may have have the noisiest room we've ever spent the night. The a/c was very loud and you couldn't turn on the bath light without the fan which was even louder. Also found it strange that the bathroom light switch was actually inside the shower stall with no GFI. Thought it strange that for this type of resort, the room had no place to hang a towel, yours or the resorts. All the towels were left on the toilet lid. The only other complaint was that their wi-fi didn't work for us. When asked if there was free wi-fi, the desk help hesitated about offering the password. I couldn't connect and they didn't seem to care. Told them that perhaps their router needed rebooting, but they made no attempt to correct it. We were able to connect thru someone's personal network, so I know it wasn't us. Also heard the same from another guest. There were only about dozen or so rooms rented, so maybe they had no incentive to please us?
I think we'll stick to the other choices in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great place if you're feeling all natural!!! We had a great room right by the pool!!! And the room was absolutely unique to say the least!! WOW!!! And the food at the restaurant was great as well!!! Never had to leave the property for anything!!! Great people and an excellant time!! Didn't care for a few girls at the front desk...just had bad customer service skills, but other then those 2....everyone else was wonderful!!! I would definately go back again and we will soon!!!! Yes, it's clothing optional..but totally felf comfortable and everyone was great!! We had the best time ever and I really hope everyone tries this once in their lives!! Who needs clothes!!! LOL And the club at night totally rocks!!! You can really get creative in what you wear and that's totally fun!! They do have a clothing store on site and the owner was awesome!! I got some great things to wear and she gave me ideas on how to wear them!! Really loved her!!! Thanks Wilma!!!!

Room Tip: Definately pick the themed rooms!! They are really romantic and made our stay so awesome!! The room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Wow I have nothing good to say about this place except for a great massage therapist named Christina. I rented a 1 bedroom condo in the Fountains. I arrived and had a difficult time finding the place. My unit was on the 4th floor. The floors within the condo were all tile and I'm not sure the last time they were mopped. I can tell you my feet were black in no time. The dining room chandalier was filthy. It was not just dusty it was caked in dust and dirt, so gross. The ice maker in the refrigerator did not work and no one ever fixed it.
In the bathroom there was a rack of lights above the vanity. What stood out about it was that in the middle there was one regular light bulb someone had stuck in there in the middle of big fat round bulbs. Again no one corrected this problem.
The patio was so filthy that I took a hand towel and mopped it myself and washed down the two chairs. The light fixture out there was also black with dirt. I washed that myself as well.
The two ceiling fans were also filthy. There was black on all the edges of the blades. Again no one bothered to clean them and I was there 3 nights.
The only thing they did was clean the light fixture above the dining table and they mopped the floors, nothing else. And they had the the nerve to tell me that they had someone else checking into that dump after I was leaving. How in the world can you put people in a place costing $130 a night and have all these problems.
That place is worth about $65 a night. Buyer beware. You should inspect these condo units before renting.
There is also assigned parking and one evening I came home to find someone in my spot. I called the office and the girl said she would check with her manager to find out what to do. Well guess what no one ever called me back. The car was gone the next morning but what a pain.. Just don't waste your money. Find a better place if you want to walk around naked. There is no security, there are no gates, anyone can wander into the property. It needs a lot of help. The owner died in December and the property is for sale. I pity the new owner. He has a lot of stuff to fix.

Room Tip: I honestly don't know if there are any good rooms here. Each one would have to be evalutated on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bradenton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

The service staff is great, but everyone at the front desk is friendly when they are taking your money, but the minute you want or need something, they act like you are bothering them. Can't understand the bi polar service. Last time I was there they over billed us. They ran a special rate, but charged us the usual rate. After several phone calls that were never returned, I finally called during what appears to be the 1 hour a week their accountant must work, and she did take care of the bill, rather exhaustive experience. I have talked to others that have also experienced double billing etc. The last time we were there they also charged us $25 a piece for two soda bottles we had in the room. $50 for two sodas.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We are not first time visitors to Paradise Lakes; indeed we can remember the Club Reveal way back when it was the Club Fred. And we are of the opinion that a resort is more than a physical layout and infrastructure when one factors in the genial service and welcome atmosphere. In the past Paradise Lakes was like a familiar old friend that has put on some pounds and a few wrinkles around the eyes but who's shortcomings could be easily overlooked. No More.

Like all nudist or clothing-optional resorts, the recreational pool areas are where the guests concentrate during the peak hours. Here the relatively small acreage at the PL clubhouse over the crowded July 4th holiday just begged that a second, now neglected pool area by the lake to the rear of the property be remodeled and reopened. Something as benign and subjective as water temperature in a conversation pool can be easily corrected, but a lack of needed recreational space for members and guests is more challenging. In the past this beautiful little corner by the lake had a dining room, a nice bar and a relaxing pool and beach area. It needs to be a respite from the busy hub-bub of the clubhouse once again.

The accommodations this visit were in what are locally known as a vacation condo. Each are privately owned properties built in the early 1980s that are 456 sq.ft in area, frequently with a loft. However our mistake was not knowing the owner, therefore we suffered through a loud, cranky window air conditioner, a bed that has seen some mighty serious use and a bathroom that showed every bit of its age. Here once again PL suffers drastically in comparison with its high-brow neighbor to the north. No doubt an aging property built in phases that shows no architectural continuity always tends to look even more run-down than a lavish, recently constructed resort with a Spanish Mediterranean Riviera flare.

I think where we parted with the past was when we factored in the vacation price. Paradise Lakes is still marketing and pricing itself as a premier clothing-optional resort with all the associated bells and whistles needed to compete with any other similar Florida resort, and such is not the case. So unless it either seriously upgrades its facilities or becomes a value-priced resort, we will not be going back.

Room Tip: Know the privately owned accomodations prior to booking
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!