“Starting to remodel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Tallahassee, United States
“Starting to remodel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is the classic Hampton Inn. There is nothing fancy about it but it is clean, reasonably priced and the service is quite good due to the fact that some of the front desk staff have been there for years. They are beginning to remodel the property within the next couple of weeks. The only thing I wish was different was there is no desk in the room, only a small round table that was barely big enough for my laptop. One very handy thing, though, is a set of electrical outlets on top of the night stand where I can plug in my CPAP.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lakeland- North I-4, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Richard D,
I'm glad that the cleanliness of our rooms and our hospitality were up to par! Our remodeling project is now complete and I am certain that the finished product will offer the once lacking "wow factor". We do offer full sized desks in all King and Queen rooms and in select Handicapped Accessible rooms. During your next stay, we will make sure that you are provided with the workspace that you need.

-MIKE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Austnin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent value for the price paid at this hotel! And with all the usual good quality of the Hampton Inn brand. Very courteous and efficient staff, and both the room where I stayed and the common areas were very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Natacha P,
Thank you for your review! We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Monticello, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were all very helpful and honest. I had droped some money at the checkin counter and they called me and returned it to me. The breakfast was hot and I was inpressed with the healthy choices such as cooked oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Christell W,
Thank you for your review. We always conduct ourselves with dignity, honesty, and respect. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Langley, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

It is a nice hotel. It is near the freeway with some good options for eating within walking distance. The rooms are clean and the staff is helpful. We have stayed at this location a few times and have never been disappointed. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Kevin M,
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Since your last visit, we've made some renovations to our rooms and lobby area. I am sure that you will be very satisfied with the results upon your next visit.

Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a wonderfully clean Hampton Inn. I'd just spent previous weekend in a Comfort Suites and I just felt like I was at home coming back to Hampton. One of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. Service was friendly and efficient. Convenient to all of Lakeland. Easy I-4 access but in a quiet part of town. Plenty of nearby restaurants. I was here to move my daughter back in to college and really had no issues. I do confess that the breakfast in the Comfort Suite was better to this typical Hampton breakfast. But more than adequate and a good amount of space for all to sit and enjoy. The pool looked refreshing but I didn't get to enjoy it. Noticed they had a handicapped assistant chair to help handicapped into and out of the pool. Had never seen this before but imagine it would be quite handy to someone who had mobility issues. Did not recall seeing this mentioned on the website. Great TV in room and a/c worked wonderfully. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems bring your swim suit and enjoy the pool w/ the poolside lift chair!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BiBi'smom
Thank you for the review. I'm glad that the quality/cleanliness of the rooms and the service you received were up to par with what you have come to expect of the Hampton brand. We have made significant updates to our Complimentary Hot Breakfast and we are sure that you will enjoy it even more with all of the new offerings. We've renovated the property to offer a new contemporary look and feel to your stay, but we've retained the hospitality and service that is "classically Hampton". We look forward to your next stay with us!

Elkhart, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Checked into this hotel for the great rate for the 5 days I was in town. Room was clean, smelled great, up to date. Shopping just a few miles away! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Just 7 minutes from downtown! Quiet hotel hallways, pool was very clean. It was very hot out so it was refreshing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Linda P,
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay! It's always great to know that out hotel is a refreshing oasis from the hot Florida sun!

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice hotel and caring staff. Worth the stay and will come back. The hotel location is off the exit and close to everything. TRavel to Tampa or Orlando attractions within 30 minutes of drive time. No traffic of big city. Will come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Varsha P,
It's great to hear that your stay was enjoyable! Our staff always strives to make every experience the best. We look forward to your next stay with us!

-MIKE

Been to Hampton Inn Lakeland- North I-4? Share your experiences!