“great rooms and great service for a great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Lakeland

You added Ramada Lakeland to your Saves list
Ramada Lakeland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3260 US Highway 98 North, Lakeland, FL 33805 (Formerly Lakeland Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
VILLA RICA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The person at the front desk was wonderful--accommodating, friendly, professional. The rooms are tattered, the hallways dark, security a little scary for the single woman. I checked in, went to sleep, and checked out. If my stay was any longer than that I would've found somewhere else to go. This hotel is literally just on the wrong side of the highway, in a dodgey area. If ever in Lakeland again, I'll stay at the La Quinta across the highway. It seems like it would be more expensive but well worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed one night at the Ramada Lakeland Hotel on route to Busch Gardens.
I was searching for a three star or higher hotel and was given this as an option, with a very reasonable price. However, although the service and stay was not bad, be warned this is not a three star hotel.

Some pros:
1. Service and staff were all good. We were checked in very quickly and greeted by all staff members throughout the time we were there.
2. The room was clean and comfortable. There were no major issues we could complain about, other than the room being very outdated. Appliances were also old. Towels were a bit worn out.
3. The location is great- you are 1 minute away from all major restaurants and the 1-4. Doesn't get better than that!

Some cons:
1. Rear Parking was very dark and a bit scary. We opted to park our car in the front.
2. Building itself looks a bit run down, with repairs needed.
3. The included breakfast was very disappointing. Options were very limited and the tables were not very clean and rather disorganized. We have had much better included breakfasts at two star hotels.

All in all, if you get this hotel at a very good price, it is worth it. However, do not pay a three star rate as that will not be what you get.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stay in motels quite a bit on both business travels as well as on family vacations and I usually stay at motels with Star Ratings of between 3.0 and 4.0 and I am rarely disappointed. Sadly I cannot say I was happy with this property. This property is no more than 2.0 Star.

Although it was clean, the rooms are quite old and the room furnishing is quite bare (as well as the lobby furnishing being quite bare). An example would be that the microwave sat on top of the mini-fridge and actually hung off each side of the fridge – it did not appear stable in how it sat there. The Bath area is small and antiquated. This is not what I expected when I bid on-line for a 3-star motel and I usually have great luck budding online like this. I stay in this specific area frequently and this place must have been recently put on the 3-Star list as it has not come up on the travel sites I have used for the area over the last 3 years.

Upon checking further after my stay, I was shocked to see that most travel sites gave this place a 3-Star rating. I could easily see online that this place was actually priced less than many 2-Star Motels on the travel sites I looked at. I wish I had seen this earlier as it is NO 3-star.

The problem is that now that it has mistakenly been given the 3-Star rating it is going to screw anyone who tries to bid on a true 3-Star for that area as the online bid sites will probably award you a night here instead.

Room Tip: Be careful with the online bid sites when looking for a true 3-Star in this area and you will probab...