“Not recommended” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Lakeland

You added Ramada Lakeland to your Saves list
Ramada Lakeland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3260 US Highway 98 North, Lakeland, FL 33805 (Formerly Lakeland Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
topeka
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The lobby smelled of urine (thought I was in a assisted living facility) the rooms were damp, a room deodorizer is needed. The toilet had to be flushed many times to pass. My fellow associates would agree. Minimal continental breakfast. You get what you pay for

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have try this hotel because of its location initially, so we are not sure how good it is. After a week of staying, it is a perfect choice for us with two kids, The price is where it should be, and service is quite good. We are very happy we had choice this hotel for our family vacation. Their service is better than I expected for a typical hotel in this range. Overall we have no problem to pick this place for staying again for our vacation plan.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I booked this hotel via Hotwire for $32 a night so I wasn't expecting anything super fancy. The staff members were warm and welcoming. We were on the 3rd floor in the inside middle of the hotel. The rooms were nice enough with the exception of the bathroom smelling like a mix of sewage and bleach. My husband complained the bed wasn't comfortable but for me it wasn't. The pool was nice and quiet and the breakfast was simple with bagels, waffles and muffins being it's highlight.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Easy to find, great hotel staff, nice room, loved the price and everything about it.
Close to shopping, restaurants, has a buffett & entertainment. A great facility!

You cant go wrong staying at this hotel. I will return!

Room Tip: I always ask for a nice view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lynn Haven, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Tried this hotel on a whim. I stayed here a few years ago when it was a Holiday Inn and had a good experience. Did a walk in without reservations and got a "special rate" of about $50/night. In my opinion this is excellent for this area. Room was clean and well lit. Internet worked very well. I was informed at front desk that they were updating the internet service and I had hooked into one of the new access points. Desk chair was comfortable and the height adjustment worked well. (This is important for me.). Bed was comfortable and it had plenty of pillows.

The one downside, was I was on the side of the hotel that faces the interstate and there are some of the expected noises. After about 10:00 p.m. the truck traffic really drops down, but starts back up at about 5:00 a.m.

Bar service was friendly and on Thursday night and Saturday night they have live music. Country and Western on Thursday and Oldies on Saturday.

Breakfast was o.k. Coffee cups were a little small requiring several trips to refill.

For what I received for the price I would definately stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the interstate. It was minimal noise facing the interstate, but if you do...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

1st Rate Mystery Hotel

I had to be in Lakeland overnight for business and decided to try the “Mystery Hotel” feature on a travel site. The site shows the rating of a few un-named hotel within the searched area, as well as a special, lower price if you choose it without knowing what hotel it is.

The rate I got for this hotel was 33% less than the lowest advertised price. It turned out to be the Ramada Inn.

I arrived just before midnight to find a friendly, knowledgeable clerk and my pre-paid reservation was in order. Check-in was a breeze and I went straight to my room. I was in #475 which is a HUGE room that smelled good but the room deodorizer was a little heavy. The room was spotless and well appointed including a microwave oven and refrigerator.

From the window I could see the pool below, the parking lot and the Interstate Highway. For a moment I worried about traffic noise but there was none… it was quiet despite the traffic.

Everything worked except the bedside lamps which I couldn’t get to turn on. No problem, there was plenty of light from other sorces.

For whatever reason, the TV was unplugged but worked fine once plugged in.

The a/c was good. The controls allowed me to make it comfortable for me without waiting a long time.

The bathroom was spotless. There was plenty of hot water, nice soaps, shampoo, etc. and the towels were very nice. It had a blow dryer available too.

The king size bed was clean and comfortable and I loved their pillows.

Breakfast was adequate. I thought the scrambled eggs were particularly good. It was pretty typical “breakfast included” fare: scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, bagels, orange juice, milk, coffee, and so on.

All in all I had no complaints at all. I got a good night’s rest, had a good breakfast and felt like I got a good deal on the cost.

I’m happy and feel good to recommend the hotel to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Windsor, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business conference. From check-in to check out I was amazed of how awesome the staff and customer service was. The first night I stayed there I had an issue with my AC system not putting out the coolness needed from a FL hotel room. The owner actually came to my room (on a weekend) to check it himself. Told me that it was unacceptable and had me move immediately to another room. (much cooler and dryer). The Tiger Dugout (bar and entertainment area) was pretty cool... it features a country kareokee on weekends.. not bad for amatuers. The menu was great and the food was very good. The folks that work there do care... and proved to me that they were comitted to making my stay an enjoyable one. I would definately go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Lakeland? Share your experiences!