“Quiet Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Lakeland Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Lakeland Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   525 West Orange Street, Lakeland, FL 33801 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Lakeland
Blissfield, Michigan
“Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was looking for a safe hotel in Lakeland to stay solo for just a night before headed to my next destination. This hotel was recommeded by Travelocity, and after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided to give it a chance. The staff were all very friendly, especially upon check in. I was able to pick which floor I wanted my room. The rooms were very quiet, clean, and beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is right next to the Lakeland Center if you have business there, and only a few blocks from the downtown area. I wasn't able to spend much time in the morning for breakfast, but everything looked great. I grabbed a ham, egg and cheese english muffin to go that was delicious.
I did get a chance to sit out by the pool in the evening to relax. The pool was

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are looking for a place in Lakeland near the convention center, this is THE place to stay. Literally - it's the only place (not sketchy) and it's honestly a nice hotel. For the price, and given that it's in Lakeland (not the best area), it's a well-kept, clean and modern hotel. The bar was fantastic, and stocked fresh salads and sandwiches 24/7 for guests coming in after a late show. You can walk from the hotel to the nicer part of downtown Lakeland, and the hotel stocks amenities you may have forgotten (toothpaste, etc.).

The housekeeping wasn't fantastic - they would clean our room and forget to replace towels or vacuum - but the room was still clean. We also lost about $80 worth of food because our room fridge broke; and, after management said the fridge was "fixed," it never got cold again, and what food survived the first problem didn't last after the second. There was no room microwave, but there was a microwave available for use in the lobby. The windows do not open, but the air flow is good in the room.

The breakfast was great! If you're looking for a place in the Lakeland area, stay here for the safest and best bet.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the first floor closest to the convention center and you will avoid slow lines at the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here four nights on a business trip. It's one if the best values in hotels I've ever had. Right off the bat, the free parking and in-room wi-fi were a plus. The room was excellent overall -- exactly what I expect from any Hyatt hotel. The free buffet breakfast was absolutely superb -- best I've had anywhere in my travels, I kid you not! The staff couldn't have been kinder. All of them were helpful in every way. My ONLY thing to complain about was a train that ran nearby every hour. It kept me up the first night, but I got used to it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Lakeland area. In fact, I plan to return myself in a few months.

• Stayed August 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a VERY nice hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms are very well taken care of. They are clean and have fresh linens. Great wifi and breakfast. There's a coffee/ breakfast bar down in the lobby.
I have stayed here multiple times. It's very close to the downtown area, within walking distance in fact. Great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and personable. Great FREE hot breakfast, free wifi, New modern rooms. They had a panel of A/V inputs to hook up your laptop or any other device to the tv. It was great for Netflix. The pool was nice and heated. They really need a hot tub. Nice location.... practically attached to the Lakeland Center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when it was AmeriSuites. It was nice then. However, since Hyatt renovated it we have enjoyed it so much more. The contemporary motif is outstanding. It was very well done.
The complimentary breakfast was the best we have ever had at a hotel. It had "gormet" touches and was delicious.
We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I seriously think the previous two reviewers stayed at a different hotel because they did not describe anything like where I was just last night. And why wait 7 months to describe the stay? Anyway ... my husband and I live in the St. Pete area and went over to Lakeland for an overnight trip. This hotel was perfect in every way and I've stayed at a lot of hotels in my life. First off the staff was great. Friendly, helpful and welcoming. We had our reservation and everything went perfectly. Our room was great. It was a suite with a beautiful sectional in one room along with a chair and a nice desk, a kitchen also. Our bed was so, so comfortable! Two pillows each and an extra in the closet. And a large, comfy throw pillow. The down comforter has a duvet and looks and smells clean. The carpet was clean, the bathroom was clean, everything was great and the room was icey cold. And that's a good thing. But we turned it up (from 65) to a more comfortable 70. We had a huge tv that swiveled. No plastic throw-a-way cups, nice glass ones. It's just a lovely place and I felt kind of pampered. We used the outdoor pool in the morning and the lounge chairs are comfy. The pool temp was perfect. The pool was clean. The sun was nice as well. Oh and the breakfast! Hot stuff like eggs, sausage, French toast and oatmeal. Yogurts, fruits, donuts, muffins, breads for toast, cereals, juices - a few different kinds. Very clean, very well stocked and they kept it coming. Did I mention, the staff is awesome? If you're staying in Lakeland, this is the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Lakeland Center? Share your experiences!