“Alright for a night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Indiana
“Alright for a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If I could get past the bad smell first in the hallway & then in the room it would have been much better. Overall everything was ok. Nothing great, but it met our need for a night in Lakeland. It is your average hotel room. Everything appeared clean although older so some issues. The pool looked alright but we didn't use it. There were a couple of tables with chairs to relax at by the pool. The breakfast was simple but ok from what we noticed. We got there close to 9am & I didn't realize that's when it ended & they took down on time & fast. I made a few waffles for the kids & toast for myself. It was all fine and as they put it away they did ask what we needed. I noticed they had yogurt, cereal, milk, OJ, coffee, waffles and bread. There may have been more but I didn't see everything. The air conditioning in the room worked very well and our room was cold upon entering. We had a nice size flat screen tv in the room with 2 double beds and a small table with easy additional outlets attached that we liked and used to charge our electronics. I wouldn't say it was in the best area around Lakeland but there was a Steak n Shake next door. We were pretty close to downtown Lakeland as well as I-4. Checking in and out was quick and easy. The smell in the room was really my biggest problem but overall it we had an ok stay for a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Savannah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I made reservations for my mother at this hotel based on the reviews & the fact that they had smoking rooms per their web site. Upon check-in we were informed that after the renovations some time back the GM decided not longer to offer smoking rooms, even though the hotel continues to advertise that they do. The clerk at the front desk was nice about it & offered apologies, but I moved my mother to another hotel the following day. The rooms were clean & large & I had no issues with my own stay there other than the fact that the ice & vending machines weren't working on our floor.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to verify amenities. Don't rely on the corp website for accurate info.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This property was as an ideal location,since we visited both Tampa and Orlando.
Located 1 minute from I-4,is just about 30 -35 minutes to either city.
Very clean,very quiet and very comfortable.Staff are friendly.It offers all that we needed and then some.Close proximity to stores,within walking distant.Very pet friendly.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband was having serious surgery at Lakeland Regional Hospital so I stayed at the Lakeland West La Quinta which is a short distance away. I am 75 years old and can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotelo/motel alone. I had a handicap accessibe room and felt secure and comfortble with my accommadationsl The bathroom had numerous safety bars which added to my feeling of security. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Lakeland. The room had many outlets for the coputer and the internet was speedy!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We select this hotel because the reviews and was no too far from LEGOLAND (25 min) We arrived late the Front Desk clerk was really nice. The room was clean and we got a nice view to the pool. The breakfast was poor, the Front Desk Manager was in charge of the breakfast and the front desk so he was running. The next morning we had breakfast at McDonalds, the hotel have many restaurants and stores near. Excellent location. Check Out was fast. Very quiet hotel. Was a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean and well kept. The work out room was a little small but since I was the only one in there at the time it was fine. The location was convenient - right off the highway. It was a good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West? Share your experiences!