“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Swan Lakeland

Imperial Swan Lakeland
You added Imperial Swan Lakeland to your Saves list
Imperial Swan Lakeland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 S Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33813 (Formerly Sheraton Inn Lakeland)   |
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

I stayed close to 3 weeks due to repairs in my home. The staff was very nice and very understanding of my situation. They always greeted me when I was leaving and returning to my room. They were completely on top of everything. We didn’t have any problems the whole stay and the management also worked very well with me during my stay due to problems with my homeowners insurance reimbursing me. I would defiantly recommend this hotel if you are in the Lakeland area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No pets
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
atlanta, ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for a conference, there would be no other reason to choose this hotel. It is very dirty and worn and I don't believe they've done renovations since I stayed there. I had to chage rooms 3 times becasue each time my non-smoking room smelled of smoke. I was there on my own and I don't like eating in restaurants by myself, so I went down to try and get to go food from one of the main restaurants. They wouldn't let me do that and made me go up to my room to wait on room service which could take up to an hour. I was so frustrated that they wouldn't work with me at all on that. Just an irritating overall stay that I would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed April 2005
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

After reading the reviews, we weren't sure we would stay here and had a back-up plan. However, it wasn't near as bad as most people have posted. We upgraded to a junior suite and it wasn't too bad at all. It had been renovated with new carpet and paint. There was some damage to the walls and a couple of cracked tiles in the shower, but that's about it. We had a jacuzzi tub which was awesome. The only gripe we have is we asked for extra towels 2 days in a row (in English and Spanish) and never received them. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed February 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

real nice hotel, looks like they just remodeled after all the storms that they had, no mold smell, and the staff went out of there way to help. the rooms was very clean and the water pressure was great in the shower and pleanty of hot water. we will stay again next time that we go back to lakeland

• Stayed April 2006
Cumming, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

Hopefully Trip Advisor will get around to updating their listing soon, since the name Sheraton is no longer mentioned anywhere on this hotel. It's now just the Imperial swan

Stayed here for three nights beginning 9/28/05. It was not a bad place to stay, but has a couple of issues.

There is no ice on the 5th floor (where we were) so it took an elevator ride to get it. Ordinarily not a problem, but these are SLOW elevators, and I do mean slow.

The beds aren't "heavenly" but are acceptable, if a bit hard. On the plus side, the pillows were decent. I usually carry and extra one, and didn't need to use it.

The bathroom is a down check. The shower has plenty of pressure in the tub spout, but none of it seems to make it out the shower head-the pressure is so low that one of our guests with long hair resorted to stooping down and rinsing under the tub spout. This was the case in all three rooms our party booked. In our room the toilet barely flushed, and then only when you held the handle down for at least 15 seconds.

The lounge was nice, if a bit dated and crowded. Karaoke was not bad.

Never made it to the restaurant-sorry! I do know you should probably avoid the Denny's right up the street. Took over an hour to get our lunch. Try the Picadilly right up and across the street-it's the only one I've ever seen that is an all you can eat buffet!

I didn't notice any funky smells that the other reviewer mentioned. Jut the same typical musky dampness you find everywhere in florida.

Rooms were clean, maid service was spot on.

Parking was never a problem when we were there. I was always able to park within 10 spaces of the elevator on the deck.

The staff was very helpful too. We had a wedding there, and the banquet room was very nice, and the food excellent!

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

My only complaint was the customer service but I don't recall any horrible smells. The banquet rooms were lovely.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2005

Would not recommend this hotel. The musty, smokey smell greets you the moment you enter the lobby and stays with you even in your non-smoking room. Wasn't filthy, but wasn't really clean either. Staff was friendly and location was good.

Been to Imperial Swan Lakeland? Share your experiences!