“Could not ask for more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Swan Lakeland

Imperial Swan Lakeland
You added Imperial Swan Lakeland to your Saves list
Imperial Swan Lakeland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4141 S Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33813 (Formerly Sheraton Inn Lakeland)   |
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Could not ask for more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stay at the Swan every time I am in Lakeland and suggest it to anyone I know that is visiting central Florida.

I love the place, and for the price you can not find a better bargain. If you are looking for a 5-star hotel this is not the place, but if you are on a budget and want a good room for a great price in a safe area this is your spot!

I have spend over 50 nights in the hotel and I have a hard time believing some of these negative reviews.

If there is a better hotel for less than $100 a night in Lakeland, I would love to see it!

Room Tip: Ask for the King suite!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We booked three rooms for my nephew's wedding on February 15, 2013. He had already blocked off 15 rooms for his wedding...talked with the girl explaining that we needed only one night as we were not driving too far...had a nice chat with her explaining that I was originally from Lakeland and looking forward to coming back even for one night...was then told by my nephew on February 14th (!!!!) that our rooms had been given away and that they had us down for coming on Febraury 12th, but we did not show up!!! No charges were made to my credit card for holding the rooms (which I would have vehemently disputed), that tells me that they gave our rooms away purposely...Florida Southern College in Lakeland has their homecoming the same weekend and they probably saw that they could make more money for more nights booked...not only did they give away our three rooms, they gave a way a total of 14 rooms!!!!! Not so bad for me, as I don't have that far to drive, but I feel for the folks who came all the way from Iowa and Ohio!!! I called the hotel to verify that they would not attempt to charge my card...the young gal (a different one) said that I would have already seen the charges..she didn't seem too concerned that there was a huge mess with their scheduling either...All of my nephew's guests now have to dive to another town to saty in a hotel (FSC Homecoming has all available rooms in Lakeland!!!)I cannot begin to understand how a hotel can get away with this! NEVER will I recommend to ANYONE to stay here! Thank you, Trip Advisor, for allowing me to vent, AND for notifying fellow travelers of a shambles of a hotel!

Room Tip: NO GOOD ROOMS, because you won't get it!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Room had unclean duvet linens (thankfully, at least the other linens smelled/looked clean). The room should have had new carpet put in years ago. In general, the facility just needs a really deep, deep scrub. I don't mind the age--it's kind of quaint, though there are clearly ADA issues. But the problem with the swan is it needs a bath.

Also, the doors don't completely close easily and the walls have all the fortitiude of paper. I got to spend my night listening to three different sets of conversations around me. They weren't particularly loud or boisterous. The couple above me was having a better time than the others. But the people were not to blame. They were in their rooms having chats at 4 AM, though they may as well have been having them on my bed.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Canada, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My family an friends travel from canada the hotel looked ok from the outside but as soon as we checked in our rooms we checked out it was awful bed sheets haven"t been changed rust everywhere tub dirty carpet stink it was absolutely awful and staff looked worser than the rooms never to return nightmare!!!!

Room Tip: Don"t go to this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I ,are looking forward to our return stay at the Imperial Swan in Lakeland. We have a young adult son with multiple disabilities that lives for baseball. We had promised that some day we would go to Lakeland for the Detroit Tigers spring training. Pre-season 2012 we were there! I had booked our room on line and requested a room with wheelchair accessablity and shower. We called to say we were arriving late, after we checked in to our surprise my sons custom wheelchair could not fit through the room door. It was 11:00 at night! Thank to the compassion and hospitality of the clerk, he was amazing to say the least. the young man contacted management and was given permission to do what was needed to accomodateall of our needs. As I helped my son to bed that night, with excitement he said to me "Mom, dreams really do come true. Thank You all for making his dream possible!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Traveled to Florida in October for a vacation. Stayed at the Imperial Swan while visiting with family in the area. I found the room to be very spacious, clean, and quiet. Will be returning to Florida in February 2013 and plan to stay here again. Thanks to the management for providing such a plesant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Portage, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Lobby seems old and dirty. Got off the elevators and walked some crazy smelly maze trying to find my room. Every single inch of this place needs a good coat of paint & carpet. Went to empty my luggage and have only 3 hangers in room. Turned on the iron and ended up with brown crap all over my dress shirt. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight just feeling very dirty to say the least.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Imperial Swan Lakeland? Share your experiences!