“safari inn name changed” 2 of 5 stars

Safar Inn Lakeland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1817 E. Memorial Blvd., Lakeland, FL 33801   |
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
ohio
“safari inn name changed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Safari inn is now Westmont Inn. The rooms are horrible. The curtain rod barely attached to wall blow on it and curtain would fall. The sink clogged and gross after back-up. Leaking on floor. The chair was broke and not visible to eye but if someone sat on it could get hurt. The linens looked like second -hand and had to beg for extra washcloths. No shampoo or any extras didn't even have bar soap in room. Had to go to front desk and ask for it. The continental breakfast. Oh NO carry out posted on wall. carry out what??? stale mini donuts white bread and some cereal. This is 1 star and it wasn't even worth a star at all. Pictures sure fool you. After this stay I will check reviews before I book because I booked and then read reviews and I was shocked. Needs alot of remodeling and repair for the price. Never again........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank pattycake44

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I brought my new girlfriend here for a nite of fun. The jacuzzi was just what we needed to relax and unwind. The complimentary drinks helped too. I' m hoping we conceived a son. Great place. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank dudette98765
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

A water pipe burst in our bathroom, and the plumber could not get the right sized pipe because the builders of the house had used an oddball pipe. So they had to shut off the water to the whole house, and we had to vacate, because the toilets would not flush, and the shower would not run.

We went down Memorial and came across this motel, and when I explained the situation, they gave us a discount, and we stayed the night. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the pool was well-maintained. I had no complaints.

Tonight I am happy to be back in my own home. The water is flowing, and there are no leaks. If any more pipes spring a leak, we will head back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Crashcromwell
lakeland fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

I always go to the safar inn, its quiet you can get your boogie on without the neighbors listening, the rooms are clean and nice, they fixed it up alot... they have a microwave and fridge, iron and tv is dvd ready, the price is cool and i will always go there, the price is right at the safar inn!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrystyle01
nancy28
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I have stayed here in May 2009 and it place is clean, nice, quite and located right on the lake. You can view the lake from you room and enjoy your drink in the evening. I will definetly go there again. The owner has improved the property a lot. There was a bar right next door as well as fast food within walking distance. Must visit....

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

I booked the Safar Inn because it was affordable and the reviews that I had read on tripadvisor were all positive. NOT SO. Although the people were friendly, the rooms were yucky (I showered in my sandals).
Right when we checked in I got a little worried. There was a note on the desk that said something about a couple demanding their money back because their room was filthy...I commented to my friend that I hoped our rooms weren't yucky...Sadly, I was not so lucky. I went into my room and checked the bathroom area out. Someone else's hair all over my sink, dust and hair in all the cracks and hair in my bathtub. Now I realize that hair falls out...it does in my house...I also understand that dust happens...BUT when I'm paying to stay somewhere I expect it to be free from other people's hair and wiped down. I went to my friend's room to see if it was any better...worse! There was a huge hair ball in the tub and, we found out later, the roof leaked above the toilet.
I went to complain and the manager said she'd clean the rooms while we were out. She did clean my friend's room (at least the hair ball was gone) but my own room was the same as when I first came in.
I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2008