“Find a better place to stay.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Inn And Suites

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Inn And Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Inn And Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   508 E. Memorial Blvd., Lakeland, FL 33801 (Formerly Holiday Palm Inn)   |
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Detroit, Michigan
“Find a better place to stay.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was nice. However this place is old, I asked for hangers several times and they never brought them - I went to General Dollar and bought some. They did not have any coffee cups-got one from McDonald's, no cream, not very good coffee. A lot of cars coming and going at night, a lot of scary people hanging around. I did not get much sleep, kept worrying my car was going to get stolen. Not a good neighborhood. The room did have a microwave and fridge, but really wasn't clean. They did bring clean towels and made bed each day. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

It is dirty dont stay it has multiple names some body died in one room it has carbon monoxide in room 223 loud music stain in the CARPET this the worst experience ever staying at hotel what is the name holiday inn holiday palm inn americas best inn and suites

• Stayed June 2013
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Where do I start?? This was by far the worst Hotel myself and my husband had ever stayed in. What a disgrace!! We booked the reservation online thinking that the pictures that are listed on the website were actually pictures of what the Hotel looked like. Well lets just say they werent! Not even close. The lobby of the hotel had a very strong musty smell to it, the furniture was old and the floors were beyond dirty. We mentioned to the clerk that we decided to only stay one night instead of the three we had reserved due to the Hotel not being what we had expected. The clerk ensured us he was giving us the best room in the Hotel and that we would be very happy when we saw it. Again so not TRUE!! The room was supposedly a non smoking room and as soon as we entered thats all it smeled like was smoke and mildew combined. I had to use half a bottle of my body spray just to get rid of some of the odor! We immediately checked the bed for bed bugs and thankfully we did not see any (doesnt mean they werent there) but when I went to use the bathroom I noticed two bugs in the bathtub. We were ready to run but it was very late in the evening and we were exhausted from the trip. We had to sleep fully clothed, shoes on, on top of the bed spread and left all of our belongings in the car. Also there were shady people going in and out of the place and we did not feel safe. The music blasting from the parking lot kept us up all night. The next morning we checked out as soon as we could and found a much nicer Hotel "Days Inn" down the road for almost the same price. Dont be fooled like we were and PLEASE do not stay here!!

Renee W

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Im writing this while sitting in "motel".Cant sleep b/c i feel so uncomfortable.
Bathroom: mildew in shower, stained tub,broke faucet. Stain dirty shower curtains
beds:cheap uncomfortable, found blonde hairs(my hair is black)
Killed a huge roach! And there are dozens of tiny ants on the huge old school ac unit.
Non-smoking room smells like pure SMOKE.

I was told i have the"masters suite" best in the whole place???
Looking for cheap 1nt stay place...go somewhere else.

39.99* =44.79 should have slept in my car

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If your trying to find a hotel in lakeland go to the one thats just a block or two down the same main street called the "Westmont inn", I stood there for exactly the same price and that place had no hotel issues but this place has bed bugs, cockroaches dirty floors non smoking already smell like smoke along with really old stuff that doesnt work, and when you take a shower here get ready for the hot and cold! Haha, now I wouldnt be complaining if the price was more like 150 a week but 200 is definately to much when you can go down the street for a hotel that will feel twice as good as this one

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! The carpets are FILTHY...I walked around barefoot for a while only to discover that the bottoms of my feet were BLACK. There was NO phone or alarm clock in the room. The blackout curtains are rotting in spots so light shines through them. The noise at night from the street is terrible and they have many people who "live" there whom are extremely noisy and belligerent. The nearby convenience stores had bars on the windows. This is a horribly run down property that is NOT worth any amount of money. Please, don't waste your time and your money.

Room Tip: AVOID this hotel...it is disgusting!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Perfect trade off for price paid and comfort. Enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!